IGNORED

Season 2 5200 HSC Round 6 *Satan's Hollow*

darthkur

The worst is when one of those birds takes one of your extra men and flies away with it with you desperately trying to stop him. This is a pretty good game. I'm not very good, but I can get in a zone for a few screens, but then I get knocked out of the zone and I tend to quickly lose my men and game over! :)

I'm the same as RangerG - I'll be doing fine then somehow BAM BAM lose 2 lives back-to-back.

It does help that the birds fly in a set pattern, so you can learn where to sit and shoot and they will all fly right into your shots.

This game is more fun than I knew, it has fun challenges akin to those of Phoenix and Gorf. I think the flags bonus is what makes it truly entertaining - you go to the right-side boss screen and can't wait to see your bonus clock-up, and if you die there it is extra frustrating!

Something in the back of my head tells me this game is on one of those PS2 Midway compliations but I never gave it more time ... I'll need to check later on to verify, unless one of you knows already.

Ah what the h.e. double tooth-picks, I google'd it myself for the answers -- the coin-op version is on Midway's Arcade Treasures (and most comments were negative to it). Also:

"After defeating Satan you get 1,000 points for each wave you have completed (kept track of by flags on the castle), and you get an extra gun added to your cannon (up to 3). Then you go back to the beginning with a slightly bigger lake of fire to deal with."

"After defeating Satan you get 1,000 points for each wave you have completed (kept track of by flags on the castle), and you get an extra gun added to your cannon (up to 3). Then you go back to the beginning with a slightly bigger lake of fire to deal with."

That sounds right. That lake certainly does get bigger later on. You really notice the lack of space to move around in as much.

Wow... I think I'll have what Cafeman is havin'! He was definitely in Da ZONE.

Here's my humble attempt to improve:

post-21471-1241606281_thumb.jpg

I'm starting to believe this is one of the neatest and most addictive unreleased 8-bit games-- ever...I try to stop, but it keeps pulling me back in... :evil:

The funny thing about the 400k + score I got is that in my previous game my kids interrupted me and made me die at like 30K, and I got mad. Went upstairs and got a drink, thought I'd play one more round ... and had a great run! I couldn't believe I was surviving that long. It sure gets easier to rack up the points once you have like 4 shots and each boss-kill gets you 20,000+ points. You just keep mowing them down being careful not to ram into their shots and bombs. I saw a couple nightfalls and dawns. This home version is programmed excellently - the coin-op version I have on Midway's Treasures (PS2) isn't as much fun to me.