IGNORED

Ghost Trap, now for Colecovision!

snorlaxnut

Back in 2007 I made a hack of the Atari 2600 version of Mouse Trap called Ghost Trap. The topic is here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64868

What I did to that version was all that I could do. But after finding a version of Hack-O-Matic that I did not have before, I was able to make....

Ghost Trap for Colecovision

In this version....

I changed the blue mouse to a blue ghost.

Instead of an angry red dog, you get an angry red ghost.

I changed the stuff you eat to yellow dots and red dots (for turning into the red ghost)

The first few bonus items have been changed to look like...

a piece of cake

an apple (or maybe a cherry)

a pair of cherries

a bottle with a "C" on it (maybe a cola, or catsup)

a strawberry

The rest of the bonus items may change if I can find them and see what looks good in red.

I would like to make the color of the maze blue, but I don't know how to change colors.

Anyway here's the rom file for any Colecovision emulator, plus some screenshots. If needed, I will try to post larger screenshots (the ones posted are the only size I could make with the emulator I used.).

Enjoy!

post-861-1240897660_thumb.png

Ghost_Trap__Colecovision_.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This should be great fun.

The 2600 version is very good. My only problem I have is that sometime the ghost uses his power pill when I try to open doors and vice-versa. I will have to read the instructions to Mouse Trap and see how I am supposed to do it.

The instruction is tap the button to use the dog bone. Hold the button to open/close doors.

• 6 months later...

Hello! :)

It´s wonderful looking hack! But one thing keeps coming to my mind though. That angry ghost still quite looks like scared (eatable) ghost. And Pac-Man does scare away just by "normal" ghost (which kills pac-man) ( why pac-man should be scared of something which looks eatable? ;) ) so using "normal" ghost for a "dog-mode" makes more sense, me thinks. But it was just my thought. :)

Edited by mäsäxi