IGNORED

Lynxopoly - rolle out

matashen

I got mine a few days ago and finally had some time to play last night.

It's a fun game. Nice artwork, well thought out, and I really like the save feature. When the thunderstorms and lightning hit last night, I was able to save it and unplug my Lynx!

I really like the packaging. The box and the white cart are awesome!

I only have one thing to add, and Matashen, please do not take offense to this. Next time, allow me the honor of writing the manual for your English version. Whoever did the translation did well enough, but there are several instances where improvements could have been made. However, I don't believe there is anything I could not figure out.

Thank you for making this game! It's a great addition to the Lynx library.

Take care,

Smeg

I got mine a few days ago and finally had some time to play last night.

It's a fun game. Nice artwork, well thought out, and I really like the save feature. When the thunderstorms and lightning hit last night, I was able to save it and unplug my Lynx!

I really like the packaging. The box and the white cart are awesome!

I only have one thing to add, and Matashen, please do not take offense to this. Next time, allow me the honor of writing the manual for your English version. Whoever did the translation did well enough, but there are several instances where improvements could have been made. However, I don't believe there is anything I could not figure out.

Thank you for making this game! It's a great addition to the Lynx library.

Take care,

Smeg

Thats nice,

well i know my english is terrible, but i do it the best i can.... Can you translate from german to english???

If you can, than i ask you for the next game. For this game i think i dont want to change anything. Its out - and its OK for my first "Hello World" on the Lynx.

Hope you will have some funny hours while playing it.

Regards

Matthias

well i know my english is terrible, but i do it the best i can.... Can you translate from german to english???

If you can, than i ask you for the next game. For this game i think i dont want to change anything. Its out - and its OK for my first "Hello World" on the Lynx.

Regards

Matthias

Matthias,

For English not being your native language, you do an incredible job of translating! I could not translate from German. But what I can offer you, next time, if you want to send me your English translation, I would be happy to "clean it up" for you.

I would offer to do the same for this one, but as you said, you are done and it is understandable the way it is.

Again, I do not mean any offense. Your English is much, much better than my German could ever be.

Take care,

Randy

(PS - Matthias, even if you don't use it this time, I could rewrite a couple of pages and send it to you, if you are curious to see what changes I would make. Mostly, you combined words together that are not supposed to be combined. If it would help you, I will do this.)

Edited by Atari Smeghead

Regards

Matthias

Matthias,

For English not being your native language, you do an incredible job of translating! I could not translate from German. But what I can offer you, next time, if you want to send me your English translation, I would be happy to "clean it up" for you.

I would offer to do the same for this one, but as you said, you are done and it is understandable the way it is.

Again, I do not mean any offense. Your English is much, much better than my German could ever be.

Take care,

Randy

(PS - Matthias, even if you don't use it this time, I could rewrite a couple of pages and send it to you, if you are curious to see what changes I would make. Mostly, you combined words together that are not supposed to be combined. If it would help you, I will do this.)

If you want do that many work, it would be fine, but the manuals for the first 100 are already printed and i dont want to print them again, so its maybe a work that the world see in some months or years (dont know how many orders i get next year).

I do the manual in a special program for booklets to get a rigth pagesetup. So its timeconsuming for me to take out the text - it was not designed to do that easy. So iam very sorry, if you want to do that you have to type it new, best as simple txt-file with no elements.

In future i ask you about cleaning my text.

the next projects are already in the first steps :)

Regards Matthias

Regards Matthias

I am very glad to hear about your next projects! I look forward to them. You are a talented programmer.

As for any future manuals, I am at your service. :)

Cheers,

Randy

Regards Matthias

I am very glad to hear about your next projects! I look forward to them. You are a talented programmer.

*harrharr* i think iam not so talented. I only code what i learnd by myself and there are many things i dont know about. On the lynx assembler and some functions of the chipset i dont understand. on w32 i dont know anything about database and some other important things.

I have fun by coding something and the lynxscene is a nice community. i wrote a game on PC(60000 lines code) and nobody care about the alpha-version in an community with 10000 users - this is frustrating and i do it in the trash.

On the Lynx its very nice to do some code. i only show a screenshot and found someone who is interested in my work.

To give the community a complete game i decided to make an official release. I think it was the right way. That was many work after finishing the game and i needed many euros to push out the first batch. But for the lynx and its community it was worth. It is not perfect but the best i can do at the moment. A nice little "hello world" :)

Thanks for your support and sorry about the difficult way of ordering outside europe.

Cool to have an manualwriter :)

Regards

Matthias

The game is great! I spent a good three hours last night with it after I got done messing with the protos.

I think it is great that you were able to pull off this game! This makes me really want to still try to program for the Lynx. I really would love to do the Militon Bradley Dark Tower game. The few times I tried to even change the background picture, I was unable to. (when using the compiler). I'm not really sure what I am doing with the compiler, but if I can figure it out that sure would be nice. I would re-use or copy some of your gimicks that you used in Lynxopoly.

Stuff like the cut scenes (paying taxes, landing on Start and collecting 8K) are awesome! I'd love to be able to do that with the Lynx and and show the Brigands fighting you on each turn.

I think I just need to sit down and really figure it out one day. For your first game, this was a very exciting release. I really enjoyed it.

Packaging was amazing. Seeing that in person is wonderful! I'd love to buy the boxes for all of the homebrews that come in clamshells and put them in boxes like that. I'm somewhat thinking about that as well... and perhaps using that idea for the EotB release.

I loved the different ideas you placed into this game. It isn't just a straight Monopoly copy. I love the entire Lynx scene added to the whole game. The board is a bit hard to see at times, but really... I understand that is the space you had to work with. I think it would have been awesome to make the right hand side of the screen something you can just pull up with a pause button or something. But, I do not know how to program, nor do I know the Lynx limits. So really it doesn't matter! It is a wonderful game and release! I can't wait to see more released like this!

Btw: on the chance cards... what is the one card that talks about EOTB for $3000 What exactly did that say?

Last note: The hidden game is addictive!!!!

I wish it would keep score or something... but it was great! Fast paced twitching type of fun. Reminds me of a lot of old Atari 2600 games that kept making you press 'reset' to start all over because you just KNOW you can do better. :)

Two thumbs up!

The game is great! I spent a good three hours last night with it after I got done messing with the protos.

I think it is great that you were able to pull off this game! This makes me really want to still try to program for the Lynx. I really would love to do the Militon Bradley Dark Tower game. The few times I tried to even change the background picture, I was unable to. (when using the compiler). I'm not really sure what I am doing with the compiler, but if I can figure it out that sure would be nice. I would re-use or copy some of your gimicks that you used in Lynxopoly.

Stuff like the cut scenes (paying taxes, landing on Start and collecting 8K) are awesome! I'd love to be able to do that with the Lynx and and show the Brigands fighting you on each turn.

I think I just need to sit down and really figure it out one day. For your first game, this was a very exciting release. I really enjoyed it.

Packaging was amazing. Seeing that in person is wonderful! I'd love to buy the boxes for all of the homebrews that come in clamshells and put them in boxes like that. I'm somewhat thinking about that as well... and perhaps using that idea for the EotB release.

I loved the different ideas you placed into this game. It isn't just a straight Monopoly copy. I love the entire Lynx scene added to the whole game. The board is a bit hard to see at times, but really... I understand that is the space you had to work with. I think it would have been awesome to make the right hand side of the screen something you can just pull up with a pause button or something. But, I do not know how to program, nor do I know the Lynx limits. So really it doesn't matter! It is a wonderful game and release! I can't wait to see more released like this!

Btw: on the chance cards... what is the one card that talks about EOTB for $3000 What exactly did that say?

Thanks for the possitive comments :)

3 hours playing - wow there are many games with shorter playtime in my collection.

what is the one card that talks about EOTB for $3000 What exactly did that say?

It says you get 3000$ and "Eye of the beholder" is a joke about the rarity of the game without knowing the exactly market price of eotb complete protos :)

You can make the moving/computer faster/slower with opt1/opt2 look at the manual and switch the info-screen

Regards

Matthias

lol, on the letter from the IRS you can see my original handwritten signature...D If you ever plan to fake it, take that screen as example!

I'm somewhat thinking about that as well... and perhaps using that idea for the EotB release.

That would be awesome....:D

The board is a bit hard to see at times, but really... I understand that is the space you had to work with.

Well, I did try my best with the board, but the low resolution of the Lynx did not really make much more possible seeing that the board has so many fields. In the early WIP versions the board was just composed of one colored fields, and ascii symbols instead of pics for the important fields. Some explanations of what the stuff is supposed to be: an Atari-symbol, the white dove of Songbird, a Lynx card, an Atari 2600, a handheld (not really looking like a Lynx though^^), Pong, a pile of goldcoins, a police mark, a starting flag from F1, and a few bars in jail. I know it needs a bit of imagination, but when you know what it is you should be able to understand. :)

Here on this site you can see pics of Lynxopoly Alpha, I think we were able to improve it quite a bit since then.

pics

Thanks for the possitive comments :)

3 hours playing - wow there are many games with shorter playtime in my collection.

what is the one card that talks about EOTB for $3000 What exactly did that say?

It says you get 3000$ and "Eye of the beholder" is a joke about the rarity of the game without knowing the exactly market price of eotb complete protos :)

You can make the moving/computer faster/slower with opt1/opt2 look at the manual and switch the info-screen

Regards

Matthias

If you want to have a look on a status of one field you can move from field to field by pressing left/right when the infoscreen shows the actual field.

Its also in the manual. Take a look.

*harrharr* i think iam not so talented. I only code what i learnd by myself and there are many things i dont know about. On the lynx assembler and some functions of the chipset i dont understand. on w32 i dont know anything about database and some other important things.

I have fun by coding something and the lynxscene is a nice community. i wrote a game on PC(60000 lines code) and nobody care about the alpha-version in an community with 10000 users - this is frustrating and i do it in the trash.

On the Lynx its very nice to do some code. i only show a screenshot and found someone who is interested in my work.

To give the community a complete game i decided to make an official release. I think it was the right way. That was many work after finishing the game and i needed many euros to push out the first batch. But for the lynx and its community it was worth. It is not perfect but the best i can do at the moment. A nice little "hello world" :)

I get what you're saying, about writing for a smaller community like the Lynx or the Jaguar, as opposed to a PC game. We're definitely a lot more grateful! :)

As for your programming skills... all I can say is, not only is Lynxopoly wonderful but I spent some time last weekend with my Skunkboard and your game Jag Mania, and I'm so impressed with it! It's as good and complete as some of the commercial releases! I played it over and over, and I'm not all that big of a PacMan fan. I just realized I'm not even playing the most recent version! Man, I can't wait to try that one.

But again, thanks for everything you've done for the Atari community. It is appreciated!

Cool to have an manualwriter :)

Regards

Matthias

Matthias,

Once the Lynx FlashCard comes out, take a look at the manual. I spent a few hours helping Lynxman with the English version. It was a bit more complicated than I anticipated, since there's a lot of technical information that I wasn't familiar with. But I think it came out well!

Cheers,

Smeg (Randy)

... I spent some time last weekend with my Skunkboard and your game Jag Mania, and I'm so impressed with it! It's as good and complete as some of the commercial releases!

I agree - JagMania is a very good game. I'd like to see a cart release of this... maybe to raise some money for a charity?

... I spent some time last weekend with my Skunkboard and your game Jag Mania, and I'm so impressed with it! It's as good and complete as some of the commercial releases!

I agree - JagMania is a very good game. I'd like to see a cart release of this... maybe to raise some money for a charity?

sign me up for a cart version if there ever is one!

I may be wrong, but as fas as I know, Jagmania is not from the same Matthias ;)

But I agree that Lynxopoly is a really nice game, very well done. For a first try as Matashen say, this is really a master piece, can't wait for the next game.

That Jaguar game is not from Matashen; althouh he does own a Jag, he does not code for it.

Matthias is working exclusively on the Lynx, he has already denied several requests about Jaguar versions; so expect lots of more Lynx-goodness from him! :)

Edited by 108 Stars

That Jaguar game is not from Matashen; althouh he does own a Jag, he does not code for it.

Matthias is working exclusively on the Lynx, he has already denied several requests about Jaguar versions; so expect lots of more Lynx-goodness from him! :)

Now that I look at the credits, I see you're absolutely right. Matthias Aschenbrenner coded and designed Lynxopoly; Matthias Domin is the Jaguar programmer.

My apologizes. :)

Still, if your name is Matthias, you have programming skills! :D

Cheers,

Smeg

I may be wrong, but as fas as I know, Jagmania is not from the same Matthias ;)

But I agree that Lynxopoly is a really nice game, very well done. For a first try as Matashen say, this is really a master piece, can't wait for the next game.

Fadest you exaggerate.

You are a better coder as me.

I know how to make a game, but my code is very dirty.

And yes its my first game, and i am not Matthias Domin. I dont make games for the jag.

I have a jag, but i play it not so often like the lynx, cause my wife and my daughter blocks the TV when i have time to play... and with the lynx iam independent from tv.

Regards

Matthias

Now that I look at the credits, I see you're absolutely right. Matthias Aschenbrenner coded and designed Lynxopoly; Matthias Domin is the Jaguar programmer.

My apologizes. :)

Still, if your name is Matthias, you have programming skills! :D

hahahahaha....thats funny....

If you look at the credits, use the one by the intro (3rd Screen switch with left/right)

cause if you read the credits in the manual you have no MOD-Sound :D

The next game i call it: "Project Destiny" without saying something about.

First Infos about came out on the OFAM Atarishow on September the 6.

Hope to have an running Alpha until than. Release is planed in 2010. Dont expect that i can finish it in this year.

My plan is to release one big game per year if my family and skills alows it.

And maybe there is a small game in development that you dont need wait so long for the next lynxgame:D.

Regards

Matthias

The next game i call it: "Project Destiny" without saying something about.

First Infos about came out on the OFAM Atarishow on September the 6.

Hope to have an running Alpha until than. Release is planed in 2010. Dont expect that i can finish it in this year.

My plan is to release one big game per year if my family and skills alows it.

And maybe there is a small game in development that you dont need wait so long for the next lynxgame:D.

Regards

Matthias

Can't wait to hear more about this! A new "unknown" Lynx game , that’s so exciting! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...