IGNORED

Source-a-palooza!

Curt Vendel

Interesting stuff.

Desert Falcon says it's the final version, I guess I should compile it and find out. :)

Cracked is different from the proto that's out there but appears to be written to use the dev board. I'll have to see if it will compile to a standard playable BIN.

Crystal Castles seems to use the really old Atari assembler that is beyond my abilites. Someone else will need to look at that one. :D

Mitch

In the source for Crystal Castles was an encoded binary file called CCP.OBJ.1. I have converted this into a binary that will run on an emulator, the resulting file is attached. The binary is quite different from the version you can download from the 2600 archives, but the only difference I notice in the running game is the colors.

Dan

ccp.bin

In the source for Crystal Castles was an encoded binary file called CCP.OBJ.1. I have converted this into a binary that will run on an emulator, the resulting file is attached. The binary is quite different from the version you can download from the 2600 archives, but the only difference I notice in the running game is the colors.

Dan

Is it the same as the prototype I have listed on my site?

Tempest

Dan

Tempest

No, it's different.

Mitch

Dan

Tempest

No, it's different.

Mitch

I looked into this a little further. The ROM I posted is an exact match to the PAL version.

Dan

Dan

Tempest

No, it's different.

Mitch

I looked into this a little further. The ROM I posted is an exact match to the PAL version.

Dan

So it's the final PAL version then?

Any word on possible easter eggs in the code?

Tempest

So it's the final PAL version then?

Tempest

I skimmed over the code and didn't see anything obvious. All the graphics data is clearly labeled so if there is an Easter egg it's well hidden in the source.

Dan

Dan

Tempest

No, it's different.

Mitch

Dan

Good catch, I didn't think to check the PAL version.

Mitch

• 1 month later...

I skimmed over the code and didn't see anything obvious. All the graphics data is clearly labeled so if there is an Easter egg it's well hidden in the source.

Anything is possible, but it's doubtful that there's any initials or anything else in there. The programmer was pressed for time and the game was barely finished when it was taken from him. He never even had time to do full playtesting or formal debugging, so I doubt he had time to stick any eggs in there. It's a small miracle that game turned out as well as it did...Atari cranked that thing out faster than E.T.