IGNORED

im considering buying an intellivision....

xg4bx

I must add that I always loved Bomb Squad - it requires patience, though. I will definitely add my props to Beauty & The Beast; just wish there were an Atari version. :(

To me, those are the only two real reasons to have an Intellivision; the rest is just disappointing.

If you are going to get an INTV, I'd suggest getting a Sears Super Video Arcade. It has removable controllers like the Intellivision II, but the controllers are much better (which considering the INTV isn't really saying much) and it's compatible with all INTV games, unlike the INTV II. Plus it has that late 70s vibe going for it (despite being released in 1981). :)

image006.jpg

.......Commando got the hammer smash.

That was quite bright. Nothing like purposefully destroying a rare game that someone else could have enjoyed and might just have fetched you up to $50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Commando-Intellivision...93%3A1|294%3A50

If you are going to get an INTV, I'd suggest getting a Sears Super Video Arcade. It has removable controllers like the Intellivision II, but the controllers are much better (which considering the INTV isn't really saying much) and it's compatible with all INTV games, unlike the INTV II. Plus it has that late 70s vibe going for it (despite being released in 1981). :)

image006.jpg

I really need to get one of those. I love that 70's look. :love:

I crazy glued a one inch wooden dowel to the direction circle, and that has made the games that I kept playable, at least you can steer it! I haven't played this system in at least 18 months, time to hook it up again, with the few carts I though were good.

Hmm that's an interesting idea. So that works pretty well? Might be worth trying out (although I should probably have 2 INTVs if I'm going to do this...).

-Adam

Does anyone remember the name of this 3rd party accessory stik that clipped on top of the INTV controller disk?It has a brown base,and the stik is a white/beige stik with a white round ball on top,and a black sponge that works as a spring back mechanism.I have 1,and would like to get another one somewhere.

Edited by Rik

I must add that I always loved Bomb Squad - it requires patience, though. I will definitely add my props to Beauty & The Beast; just wish there were an Atari version. :(

To me, those are the only two real reasons to have an Intellivision; the rest is just disappointing.

to say that there is only 2 good games on any system is pretty ignorant

to say that there is only 2 good games on any system is pretty ignorant

You're absolutely right -- if you read on, you'll see that I forgot to add The Dreadnought Factor...and actually, I always liked B17 Bomber, but someone already mentioned that. So there are TWICE as many good games on the Intellivision. :)

(But still, I feel they're the only reasons. Really, the other games are just disappointing.)

Edited by Dauber

Does anyone remember the name of this 3rd party accessory stik that clipped on top of the INTV controller disk?

I believe that would the Pointmaster Quik Stik II. I've got a few but the foam has disintegrated, need to fix them one of these days.

Aha!thanx Remo!

Good call on getting a Sears unit - right now I only have an Intellivision 2 and I really dislike the keypad buttons. The original's controllers feel much better to me. Some of my favorites:

Night Stalker

D&D: Cloudy Mountain

D&D: Treasure of Tarmin

Burgertime

Astrosmash

Space Hawk

Dracula

Beauty & the Best

Discs of Tron

Shark! Shark!

Demon Attack

Atlantis

Star Strike

Mission X

He Man

Thunder Castle

• 10 months later...

what are the must have titles for the system? is there any type of homebrew scene? what are some good intellivision internet sites? thanks.

Hmmm..Where do I start?

Some of the must have common games are as follows...

Burgertime

Astrosmash

Buzz Bombers

SNAFU

Space Armada

Beauty and the Beast

and my favourite...Utopia!

If you want to see some reviews of these games check out my youtube channel, misterintellivision. As for homebrew games there are a few but they are expensive but well worth it. There is not many but they are all really great games!

i dont care what the reviews say i have always LOVED Tron Solar Sailor for the Intellivoice

that game just has a cool vibe :)

Of course.Reviews are pointless.To avoid a game just because the reviewer said it was crap is very foolish.This good game bad game thing is all relative since everyone has different tastes as to what IS good or BAD. :thumbsup: I love TRON SAILOR also!