IGNORED

Season 1 Week 19: Scramble

This week's game will be Scramble. Tonight is closing night for my play, so I will update everything after that. In the meantime, here is a link to the ROMset we will use:

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/57633/ma...3/Scramble.html

BEST TIPS

None Yet!

CURRENT HIGH SCORES

1. 59,790 (darthkur) [+11]

2. 24,000 (Max_Mad) [+10]

3. 22,940 (Kurt_Woloch) [+9]

4. 21,210 (SpiceWare) [+8]

5. 17,200 (LarcenTyler) [+7]

6. 15,340 (aftermac) [+6]

CURRENT POINT TOTALS

1. SpiceWare [162]

2. aftermac [119]

3. darthkur [97]

4. LarcenTyler [93]

5. Osbo [69]

6. Kurt_Woloch [66]

7. Max_Mad [55]

8. maximebeauvais [54]

9. JellE [46]

10. Shannon [44]

11. Blackjack [38]

12. Dr Galaga [37]

13. theking21803 [26]

14. rxd [21]

15. NE146 [19]

16. maibock [16]

17. Artlover [12]

18. Mister VCS [12]

19. cougar302b [11]

20. PacManPlus [11]

21. Vectorman0 [10]

22. joeypsp [9]

23. LaserHawk [6]

24. MrAtari2600 [5]

25. mightymage [4]

Edited by Deteacher

OK, here's my best so far: 22940.post-8393-1241941184_thumb.png

Here are some tips:

- If there are some targets which you can shoot (not bomb) because they're not obstructed, shoot them as soon as you can to get them out of the way.

- On the 2nd stage with the saucers, choose a level just above the highest mountaintops and stay there. Here you will have a higher chance of hitting the saucers because here's where they remain for a bit longer than on other heights while they turn around. Also, you can more easily drop bombs on the ground targets, but you will never hit a mountain. Also, on that height the saucers can only come from the top, not from the bottom, so it's easier to dodge those saucers which you didn't take out before they reach the left side of the screen.

- On the 3rd stage, I think it's best to dive below the highest mountains. The fireballs will never fly lower than the highest mountain is, and again, that way it's easier to take out the ground targets. However, from time to time you have to rise a bit in order to avoid the highest mountaintops, but do that as quickly as possible in order not to get hit by a fireball.

- On the 4th stage, the rockets ignite in regular intervals, one after the other. You can use this in timing when it's safe to fly over a rocket. As previously stated, try to take out all ground targets that are not obstructed. For the remaining ones, fly as high as possible, and fly over the highest positioned rockets as fast as possible.

You know, I remember playing a similar game on the Apple computer, except each level had different objectives. For example, the first level had you bombing a radar dish, and the second level had you attacking an enemy tank. Anyone know this game?

Is anyone else experiencing sound difficulties? The intro tune plays at very low volume and there's no sound for the forward cannon. Everything else plays normally, the bombs dropping, explosions, engine droning, saucers, etc. Is there a specific sound sample needed? If so I don't have it. In the spot for "Sample" there is neither a yes or no. I use Mame32. It doesn't get in the way of actually playing the game but it's sort of irritating.