IGNORED

Atari Chat Mondays from 8-10pm Eastern... Home on AA!

I know that members on Atari Age and others in the CTCW community have wanted a chat room for a while to talk about everything going on from Jaguar development and new 2600 and 7800 homebrews to great finds in the wild. So, here is one for y'all.

I've even cajoled a special guest into joining us at 9:30Pm Eastern. None other then PacManPlus from Atari Age! For anyone unfamiliar with him, He's currently been tirelessly working on Jr.Pac-Man for 7800 as well as updating Ms. Pac-Man Arcade and such awesome games as the Pac-Man Collection, Asteroids Deluxe, and Space Duel among countless others. It really will be a fun night and there should even be a small announcement on a 'soon to to be released on cart' game.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post them here and we'll make sure to include those too.

If anyone has any big Atari projects, finds, sales or even is working on their own homebrew or hack for any system we would definitely love to have you join us as a special guest too! Why not get a little free promotion and support from a great community. ;)

I'm really looking forward to next Monday's chat and hope that you guys can join me for a fun couple hours of everything Atari. I really would love to get to know everyone better and it's a nice way to add another dimension to our community.

SoCalMike has definitely been cool enough to provide us with a lot of nights of topics and I hope you see many of you there because I think there is something for everyone! :)

Thanks and See Ya there!

Chat Schedule:

Sunday Nights - Auction Site Q&A Chat w/ So Cal Mike

Monday Nights - Atari Chat w/ Chickybaby & Guests

Tuesday Nights - Nintendo "Classics" Chat w/ Jesterschef83 & nesruler22

Wednesday Nights - Join our host fazfznz for a night of XBOX chat.

Thursday Nights - Nintendo Wii/DS Chat w/ Jesterschef83 & Pats1717.

Friday Nights - Sega Chat w/ JankenTheGreat & Pats1717. S-E-G-A!

Saturday Nights - Arcade/Pinball Chat Coming Soon!

• Like 3

That would help, wouldn't it, lol. :ponder:

No special software needed as far as I know. :)

If you go to the main Chase the Chuckwagon Auction page - http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/ and go to the "Community" tab the second one under it will be "Chatroom".

All you have to do is sign up using preferably your AA member name so we know who you are and Email address SoCalMike/Parrothead approves it and you are good to go. :)

Btw, It is not the same as signing up at the auction site so you don't have to feel like you're being forced or pushed to join that(for anyone who doesn't want to). But, there are a lot of fun things to bid on between that and Vendazzle. There's also forums on CTCW for anyone who is specifically looking for anything and wants to put in a request there or wants to meet some of the sellers and chat. So, you can choose what you want to belong to without pressure and enjoy the features you want. I like it.

Sounds interesting. Where's it at? Do you need any special software?

Especially with everything going on homebrew wise, I really wanted to get a chat thing going to include that, Shadow.

I'm logging into the "Atari Chat" Room now which is available once you log in under the drop down menu. :D

Thank you to everyone who joined me and made the chat a rousing success! Thank you to everyone with their patience working out any bugs on this first chat night. I really had a great time and hope everyone did too. Even if we talked about many things besides Atari, I hope there was something for everyone! :)

For anyone that hung in there till about 9:45, there was a lot of really cool and surprise info that ya just had to be there to know. ;) Extra special thanks to PacManPlus for taking the time to hang out with us and talk about some great projects!

Thanks to Feisty Girl for for giving me some extra feisty female company, and props to PingvinBlueJeans, Yuppicide, and Impaler for hanging around till almost 12:30 AM!

Definitely good times and I am looking forward to next week and hopefully lining up another special guest or two!

Again, if anyone is working on a cool project to share with the community please don't hesitate to drop me a PM and we'd love to hear about it! If anyone has any more suggestions for topics or people that they would like to participate please feel free to drop me a PM or post your ideas in this thread!

Anything Atari that anyone wants to talk about for any system (as long as it's keeping mostly clean and not being nasty to anyone of course).

And if someone is working on an A8 project that they want to talk about that's great too. I was getting suggestions from people in the room of what they would like to see covered or featured and guests they'd like to talk with, so I'll add that to the list.

I can't do it earlier because Bean's bed time is usually 8ish. The rooms are open all the time though. Just wanted to do something mildly "Official" to recognize the community and try to get as many people as possible to talk about new things going on.

Thanks, CA. Hope to see you one week even if it's just drop by to say 'Ello. :)

Will you be covering the Atari computers (like the A8)

Shame you don't have a european chat room, might be a bit too late for me (as you'd be talking midnight/1 am in the morning)

KUTGW anyway chickyb

Although speaking of late, Bean will be up in a few hrs. and I'm hurting like heck. Night Night. :)

I might stroll by one weekend and see what gives, there's plenty of peeps on the A8 forum doing stuff, you could always ask them to make a guest appearance. mind you apart from Claus B, Classics, Bob1200 and a few others from the US the one's that i was thinking of are from mainland europe (which is one/two hours + GMT)

Sorry I didn't bump this thread earlier. It's been a rough painful day. Just got home from the dentist and of 20 teeth to be drilled out I only have 10 more to go since they did 4 today.

Hopefully today we can get a good talk going about upcoming things you'd like to talk about and people you'd like to see in the chat and who you guys would like to talk to. I'm looking for ideas for 8bit, jag, and some "experts" in bb.

Wondering who the special guest is next week? ... You'll just have to tune in to find out! :D

Hope to see a good number of ya'll in about a half. It's always great talking with everyone!:)

Oops...forgot all about that i might have a looksie next week or the week after

just one more thing though...do i have to install java, to use the ctcw chat area (it seems to be prevalent in other website based chat areas)

Edited by carmel_andrews

Oops...forgot all about that i might have a looksie next week or the week after

just one more thing though...do i have to install java, to use the ctcw chat area (it seems to be prevalent in other website based chat areas)

Yep, you have to install java for the chat.