IGNORED

Atari Chat Mondays from 8-10pm Eastern... Home on AA!

Just got back from a "stroller ride" with Bean. It's funny, for all that it was supposed to be a "fun ride" my legs are hurting an awful lot. It was cute, she was calling for "Grand D"(Granddaddy) the whole way up the street bac k home so I called him and he met us at the yard. Her squeal of joy was priceless. :)

I suppose I could join ya'll.

Atari Chat tonight guys and am in home in time for it whoot! :)

deathtrappomegranate and I are on right now, if any one else wants to start chatting now :)

I was looking foward to getting in on this finally and was just thinking how coll it would be tomorrow, read the thread, realized it was Monday, holiday messed me up. Well, hope to join everyone next week.

Thank you for being patient and joining us everyone! Thanks to Parrothead for giving us a room to hang out in even if we're working out the bugs as we go along! It's definitely a new thing and very cool. Definitely appreciate your suggestions to try and "fine tune" some of the technical issues. Last night was probably the busiest night of people jumping in and out of the chat and definitely a good test to the system to find any hiccups that need to be taken care of.

A big thanks to Wonder007 of course who I hope will drop by every now and again. Also mega thanks to CA, Groovy Bee, Impaler, Deathtrappomegranate and the other guys from "across the pond" who still joined us even if it was a very late night for them. And of course ty to everyone from coast to coast of the US and even Canada too. A major thank you to Wickey, Nathanallan, jboy, kroogur, stitch, pingvin and the guys who have been "regulars" hung in there all 3 weeks! The conversations have been hilarious sometimes and we've talked about lots of stuff! Speaking of random coversations - a huge thanks to RT for definitely livening up the place with his special brand of humor! :D

It was a very busy room bouncing aroind from topic to topic like on a trampoline :ponder: and sorry because I would love to thank everyone because you guys really all had good info, tech skills, humor, and unique points of view to contribute. It wouldn't be such an awesome room without you.

Hopefully those that couldn't make it this week will join us next time. And it was also great seeing some new screen names as well!

I can say for the first time that I have never been happier to be part of a "chatroom" and that AA and community from over at NA as well is really awesome and has lots of "good peeps".

It's really sweet also how you put up with me talking about my kid, she means the world and is everything to me, as well as nominating her for her first freelance job at the ripe old age of almost 2 1/2, lmao! Yup she's gotta earn that milk money! :P

The SSSP has really ramped up to be an awesome thing and I am confident that we can all work together and raise some money for good causes - Childs Play and Childrens Hospital for starters.

I really want this to be everyone's room that covers as many aspects of our interests as possible and something that becomes a staple in the community. Not quite hanging out at the local bar or pub but at least a place where everyone is welcome and is invited and good times are had by all. I've really wanted to set something like this up for a long time which is why I am so darn happy. It's not Parrotheads chatroom or my chatroom, it's all of ours. Please don't heasitate to post ideas either or drop me a PM because that's the only way it's going to grow and develop. :)

You guys are great and that's enough of me being a sentimental female (for the moment at least) and lets get back to the important stuff... Atari! ;)

For next week -

I really would like to start a tradition of dedicating a set half hr or so to bB talk/ q&a and if anyone has any 'basic' questions please feel free to post in the thread and I can post a transcript of some of the answers from the chat! I'm still trying to get ahold of a few people who'd be really informative and please feel free to invite anyone from AA or even those you talk to locally who might be able to contribute in a positive way.

Also, I would like to have a special guest or two from the jag, A8 and comp communities (CA I hope you can help!) for ex - development, homebrews, "famous people" etc. If anyone knows of those who would be good special guests and fun to talk to we'd love to hear your suggestions and I'll do my best to try and have them join us one week.

Yeah, the Chat last night was a blast! And an exercise in speed reading, i felt dizzy after 2 hours! :D

Thanks to Parrothead for giving us a room to talk about Atari , BS etc. and thanks to Chickybaby for being a wonderful host!

Just in case you missed the SSSP announcement last night shoot me a PM and i'll send you the infos with a demo.

Looking forward to see ya all next monday (or sooner). :)

It was a fun and very busy night for sure with lots of people jumping in and out of chat and tons of great conversations going on.

For those of you that have not been on Atari Chat you need to set aside a few hours and join the fun once you do you will be hooked. :)

I'll try and make it along, just going to find some matchsticks first (and some tea)

As for what chicky said in her last post....not to sure it's a good idea to try and structure things in that way, may sound nice on the surface but you are going to have a battle to doing things that way as people come to chatrooms because they like the randomness of the chat, it's what make chatrooms work and gives them their personality otherwise it's a bit like being in an online telly programme, in that it's all staged managed and isn't spontaneous and people just won't feel like chatting/wagging etc

Don't change what seem's a successful formulae chickyb

I've been working on this with SoCalMike/Parrothead to at least post the "Interviews" with special guests. If he's not able to retrieve that info I was planning on starting to just use Notepad and cut and paste any valuable information. The info would be available on the CTCW forums in the Chat thread.

Impaler who has been an awesome supporter of the chat is in your position as well. :)

Really we talk about everything from bikinis and jumping rope to carts and programming so there would be a lot of eclectic and occasionally rather interesting conversation LMAO! :D

Is there any chance of posting the logs from the chats? I have no way of joining in since that would mean staying up until 3:30 AM just to be in one the start :)

There will be a bB official chat if I can coordinate it as well as some Jaguar time as well at least one week. Don't worry CA, it will be very difficult to take the spontaneity out of our chats although I suppose it will be a little less 'Random' if he won't be there tonight. Mmmm tea. I'll probably be joining you for a cup since I haven't slept.

Hope you have a good one RT! Tonight's chat will probably be more laid back except for a few morsels I might dish out about plans for the Chat that I got Ok'd in the future. :ponder: :D

I also want to reiterate that anyone who likes any Atari system is welcome not just 7800 or 2600 and we've even has some who prefer other systems join in because it's the camaraderie that's important to me as well as the positive environment first and foremost! :)

I do owe you guys an apology. Bean was having a rough night tonight and while i did lurk in the room I wasn't able to chat much.

With the trip to the dentist she didn't get her regular nap and it all rolls downhill from there. I will make it up to you all next week somehow I promise.