IGNORED

What are the 'must have' Xbox 360 games?

It's about time for an Xbox 360 game update. What do you think are the 'must have' games for the Xbox 360?

Wish List:

• Prototype
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Fallout 3
  • Saints Row 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
  • The Darkness
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Far Cry 2
  • Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
  • Dead Rising
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade
  • Raiden Fighters Aces
  • Battlefield: Bad Company (Only if it's really cheap. Not as good as I thought.)

Games I bought or got as gifts or rented:

• Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (New from Amazon - Dec 8, 2009 - 30 bucks)
  • Civilization Revolution (Used - June 26, 2009 - bought it for $22)
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla (New - November 11, 2009 - $40)
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition (New - May 21, 2009)
  • The Orange Box (New - June 26, 2009 - bought it for $19)
  • Perfect Dark Zero Limited Collector's Edition (Used - May 20, 2009)
  • Crackdown (Used - May 23, 2009)
  • Mass Effect (Used - May 27, 2009)
  • Kameo: Elements of Power (New - May 21, 2009)
  • Prey (Used - May 21, 2009)
  • Mass Effect 2
  • GTA IV (hated it so much, I didn't play it for long)
  • Fable 2
  • Fable 3
  • Mirror's Edge (great demo, horrible game)
  • Just Cause 2

Update:

My sister offered to put an Xbox 360 on her credit card and let me pay it off over time. So on May 26, 2009 I got a new Jasper Xbox 360 Arcade that was made in February of 2009. :thumbsup:

Update #2:

As a birthday present in 2010, my sister said I don't have to pay her back for the Xbox 360.

Edited by Random Terrain

I second the Orange Box, you can't get a better value on the 360. Half-Life 2 and its two episodes are the best fps's to come out this decade, and you get the added bonus of TF2 and Portal thrown in, all for under $20.

Bioshock is also a great choice running for $20 and under (I need to play this one sometime and check it out).

If you want some nice classic gaming for the 360, Namco Museum is going for $10 at GameStop brand new currently. Its not a must have, but its one of the best values to be had on the system.

I recommend waiting on Fable II, GTA IV, and Left 4 Dead. They're all still running from about $40 up, and I suspect we'll be seeing some price drops this year, especially on GTA.

Also, only get Dead Rising if you'll be playing this on a HDTV, otherwise you'll have difficulty reading the text in the game.

Edited by Atariboy

Don't buy Pac-Man CE on XBLA for $10 though. You can get that, Namco's other XBLA releases, and a lot other emulated classics on that Namco disc I recommended for the price of the Pac-Man CE download.

Call of Duty 4 is another one that will be getting a lot cheaper this fall. They didn't make it obsolete by naming the sequel as COD5 last fall, and COD4 is getting a direct sequel this fall. Should easily be found for $20 when Modern Warfare 2 is released, after pretty much staying full price since launch.

Edited by Atariboy

Get Crackdown, that in my opinion is a MUST HAVE game. (Along with everything everyone else has mentioned.)

I'll add:

Unreal 3

Eternal Sonata

The Darkness

Halo 3

Edited by moycon

Thanks again for the suggestions. I almost forgot to add Battlefield: Bad Company! I've been waiting for pinpoint accurate destructible environments and although we aren't quite there yet, this is supposedly closer than other Xbox 360 games. Take a look at this:

http://www.zath.co.uk/tech-gamer-battlefield-bad-company/

Approaching Battlefield: Bad Company from a technical point of view, its big advancement is probably the destructible environments such as the ones you find in Crysis on the PC. From what I’ve seen of Crysis (it’s not a game I’ve got myself yet), one of the big highlights of their game engine is that you can hit any specific point of the environment and it responds as you would expect it to. For instance, you can shoot trees and your bullets will end up cutting it down at the point at which the bullets hit it.

Crysis sounds like my kind of game. I hope the Xbox 360 gets a version of it.

If you like shooters/shmpus, get the budget $20 Raiden Fighters Aces. Amazing shooter collevtion.

Let me second the votes for Left 4 Dead and Riddick. Both are outstanding.

Resident Evil 5 is amazing too.

Updated my list in the first post.

When is the Xbox 360 going to get a great pinball collection? Can we at least have an Xbox 360 version of Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection? Looks good on my PS2, but an Xbox 360 version would look so much better.

You really don't want Perfect Dark Zero.

For a launch title this game is great fun. Sure it looks a bit cartoony and feels a bit floaty compared to other FPSs that came later, but full blown co-op through the entire campaign (Something most newer games don't even feature), there's nothing better, and considering the game can be bought for about $8, picking it up is a no brainer.

Personally I felt the 360 had one of the strongest launch libraries ever.

Games like PDZ, Quake 4, Condemned: Criminal Origins and Kameo I thought were kick ass.

Few games released today years later look as good as Kameo, Quake 4s campaign was amazing and long, Condemned: Criminal Origins became one of my all time favorites, I played through it twice and PDZ offered that great co-op experience.

Each one has stood the test of time. They still look fantastic and feature solid online play. I break them out and play them still.

Edited by moycon

Updated my list in the first post.

When is the Xbox 360 going to get a great pinball collection? Can we at least have an Xbox 360 version of Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection? Looks good on my PS2, but an Xbox 360 version would look so much better.

The even better sequel that focused on William's titles is getting the HD treatment and coming to the 360 this summer.

I see you have Bionic Commando in your list. Be careful to not forget that people meant the XBLA remake, and not the horrid 3d retail game that just came out. :)

Do you like racing games? If so, the 360 has some excellent ones that are cheap. Forza 2, PGR3 & 4, Test Drive Unlimited, and Dirt are all excellent and pretty cheap (Dirt being the most expensive at around $30, but sure to get cheaper as we get closer to the sequel's release this fall). Grid is also great but its still a $60 game. I'm hoping Race Pro is great, but haven't gotten around to hooking up the 360's wheel to check it out lately.

Edited by Atariboy

You really don't want Perfect Dark Zero.

For a launch title this game is great fun. Sure it looks a bit cartoony and feels a bit floaty compared to other FPSs that came later, but full blown co-op through the entire campaign (Something most newer games don't even feature), there's nothing better, and considering the game can be bought for about $8, picking it up is a no brainer.

I wouldn't want to subject my friend to play this turd with me. And the graphics is the least of its problems.

I wouldn't want to subject my friend to play this turd with me. And the graphics is the least of its problems.

I've played through the campaign with several people, I have yet to hear the word turd mentioned when playing through and in fact we had a blast.

You might be surprised what your friend might think. Luckily not everyone has the same opinion in regards to video games. Why exactly would you discourage someone else from trying a game just because you don't like it? Is it really all about you? :cool:

Edited by moycon