IGNORED

What are the 'must have' Xbox 360 games?

You really don't want Perfect Dark Zero.

For a launch title this game is great fun. Sure it looks a bit cartoony and feels a bit floaty compared to other FPSs that came later, but full blown co-op through the entire campaign (Something most newer games don't even feature), there's nothing better, and considering the game can be bought for about $8, picking it up is a no brainer.

I call Red Steel Syndrome. Sometimes a new systems launch games seem to be judged by a different standard than games released for the system later on. Thus, even if they are adequate or better in comparison to the general library for the system, they are considered horrible because they were being compared to some non-existent standard that only existed in people's heads.

I call Red Steel Syndrome. Sometimes a new systems launch games seem to be judged by a different standard than games released for the system later on. Thus, even if they are adequate or better in comparison to the general library for the system, they are considered horrible because they were being compared to some non-existent standard that only existed in people's heads.

I know what you are saying but I don't think it really applies in this case. There were a bunch of great FPSs on the original Xbox (Some might say too many)

PDZ wouldn't compete with the best them (Halo's, Half Life 2, Far Cry etc...) if it wasn't for the ability to play co-op online through the entire campaign I might not even defend it. I've mostly played it co-op, and I know it's fun. Playing through by yourself might take away from the experience.

Red Steel was hated because of the new control. PDZ doesn't really offer much different in terms of the control.

It's a game that many people didn't like even when if first came out, but at the same time many, many people did. Like I said, everyone I've ever played the game with enjoyed the experience, but probably because we were teamed up, kicking ass and taking names. I don't know if I'd call it a 'must have" title, but it certainly deserves a chance, kinda like Red Steel...hell kinda like any game. There's many more positive statements and decent reviews made about PDZ then negatives ones. That alone should tell a person, even it they don't personally like the game, that it has it's merits. Saying you wouldn't subject your friends to a game like that comes off as selfish and even worse, shows you haven't seen the best the game has to offer. Co-op!! :cool:

Edited by moycon

The even better sequel that focused on William's titles is getting the HD treatment and coming to the 360 this summer.

I screwed up. I got them switched around. I should have looked at the box to refresh my memory. I don't like the Gottlieb collection that much. I meant the Williams Collection. I could play Funhouse and Taxi all day. So you think we'll really be getting it this summer?

I see you have Bionic Commando in your list. Be careful to not forget that people meant the XBLA remake, and not the horrid 3d retail game that just came out. :)

Is it really horrid? Looks like another chance to swing around like Spider-Man. Unless there's something really, really wrong with it, seems like it would be worth buying once the price goes down just for the swinging ability.

Do you like racing games?

Not usually. I like driving as long as I can get out of the car and do other things, like in the GTA games.

You really don't want Perfect Dark Zero.
I wouldn't want to subject my friend to play this turd with me. And the graphics is the least of its problems.

I know it was a while ago, but the guy in this video review does everything but whip it out and spank it all over the game. As moycon said, it's cheap and Amazon says that the Collector's Edition "features many of the classic weapons and gadgets from the original game, as well as countless additions; New combat-enabled vehicles are also available." Seems like it would be worth playing for 15 bucks.

You need to friggin stop from looking at the $60 dvd games for a while and check out the xbox live arcade list :P

Except for maybe something like Red Faction: Guerrilla, I won't be paying full price. :D

I glanced over the Xbox Live list and nothing seemed to stand out. Maybe I missed something. I also learned the hard way that Bejeweled style games and Zuma/Luxor style games suck unless you use a mouse.

I see you have Bionic Commando in your list. Be careful to not forget that people meant the XBLA remake, and not the horrid 3d retail game that just came out. :)

Is it really horrid? Looks like another chance to swing around like Spider-Man. Unless there's something really, really wrong with it, seems like it would be worth buying once the price goes down just for the swinging ability.

IGN gave it an 8.0

This is a title that I haven't been really keeping an eye. Wasn't ever a fan but that seems like a decent score.

Of course taking someone elses word for a game is kind of a crap shoot. Maybe there is a demo for the game.

Well I didn't actually play the demo so I shouldn't be judging it and telling other people it's horrid.

I just thought it looked like it played poorly in gameplay videos I had seen online and on X-Play, where they had a segment quite a ways back with a member of the development team showing it off, as well as several members here and elsewhere that were pretty critical of the demo after trying it. And I thought it was doing pretty poorly in the press, though a 8 from IGN is a decent score.

As for the William's Collection. Its confirmed to be in development. Doesn't seem to have a official release date yet, but sites like Amazon were saying July the last I checked and it appears like its going to include several new titles along with what was already on it. It saw a decent amount of delays the first time so I'll probably end up being incorrect, but I bet its out by Fall.

I hated Perfect Dark Zero despite loving the N64 original. Didn't even have much fun with it playing it online in co-op with a friend (Who also didn't enjoy it much). But its so cheap these days, you'll be out of maybe $5 if you end up not enjoying it. Worth it at that price just to satisfy your curiousity if you're wonderng how well the sequel turned out, even if you end up hating it.

Edited by Atariboy

As for the William's Collection. Its confirmed to be in development. Doesn't seem to have a official release date yet, but sites like Amazon were saying July the last I checked and it appears like its going to include several new titles along with what was already on it. It saw a decent amount of delays the first time so I'll probably end up being incorrect, but I bet its out by Fall.

That's one game I'll be buying the second it's available. Can't wait to play it. I hope they also make a PS3 version that I can buy for my sister.

Looks like Bionic Commando sucks without a doubt:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/...deo-review?hd=1

It's Linear, so you don't get to have fun swinging around. I'm going to remove it from my list. Maybe they'll fix all of the problems and Bionic Commando 2 will be worth playing.

It's Linear, so you don't get to have fun swinging around. I'm going to remove it from my list. Maybe they'll fix all of the problems and Bionic Commando 2 will be worth playing.

I normally disagree with you on this point (I am not big on sandboxes over slides, as I find the linear but quick and fun slide much preferable), but on "swinging" or "flying" games, I agree. If I'm pulling off death defying acts of acrobatics or gravity defying, please don't make me do it within a set of rails. If I wanted rails I'd walk or take the train.

As you can see in the first post, a nice person has sent me some of the games in my list. A Jasper Xbox 360 is only $199, so be the first to have one sent to me before somebody else beats you to it. It's a competition! Who will be first to buy an Xbox 360 and the rest of the games on my list? Hurry! You can come in first and beat them all:

Random Terrain's Xbox 360 Wish List Competition

OK, take a deep breath. Hold onto something. Tighten up your sphincter. Are you ready? There is a 90 percent chance that I'll have a Jasper Xbox 360 on Wednesday. After lusting over the Xbox 360 and Oblivion for 4 or 5 years, the wait will finally be over.

Are you OK? Was the shock too much for you? Do you need to lie down? If you feel a tingling in your left arm, call 911. If you feel a tingling in your pants, well, that's just weird.

Amazon now says that it will be released on August 31, 2009:

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

At the fairly affordable price of $29.99, I'm going to try to buy it as soon as it is released. :lust:

[Oh yeah, for those who didn't see my other thread, I now have an Xbox 360!]

Prey was cool.

I didn't see the big deal about Kamio, which everybody said sucked, untill I got about half way through it and then the faulty controlls and uber precise action really slam together and screw it.

Yeah, if I get to a part in Kameo where things get tedious, forget it. I'll stop playing. It's fun so far, though.

I just downloaded the Red Faction: Guerrilla demo. It's my kind of game so far. Smashy, smashy!

I thought Kameo was one of the best launch titles ever.

Not sure what part you are talking about though Video, I was able to beat that game no sweat, and if I can do, I'd have to imagine anyone can. Maybe you were referring to the boss that was underwater? I do remember that one taking longer to beat than some of the others (including the last boss) w

I'm refering spacifically to the part where you gotta protect the huge abonable or whatever giant dude while he pushes the doors open, this is one area where it swings to horrid camera angles, and the aweful controlls of the game are truely showcased (or they intermingle with the camera or whatever)

I'm sure it's perfectly beatable, but I only put so much agrevvation into a game befor saying fuck it and moveing on, I play games for fun, not for agrevation. Like when I mentioned Darkness as a must have, and mentioned not bbeing able to pass the church on normal, where I got through on easy, it's not a case of can't, so much as I'm not going to bother getting to that level of pissed just to beat a stupid game.

I'm actually stuck in the exact same place on Darkness normal that I was when I went back to easy, and on Kameo, I'm stuck the exact same place, don't remember if there's difficulty's or not, but I might restart on easy if there is, I still go back and try them once in a while, but I'll only try two or three times in a shot and it goes back in the bottom of the box to be forgotten about for several more months.

Edited by Video

Played the Civilization Revolution demo. Didn't like it at first and was disappointed. After I got used to it, I started to like it and I think I might like it more than the previous console versions. Not as much boring micromanaging in this game.

I'm refering spacifically to the part where you gotta protect the huge abonable or whatever giant dude while he pushes the doors open, this is one area where it swings to horrid camera angles, and the aweful controlls of the game are truely showcased (or they intermingle with the camera or whatever)

You're right I do remember this part. You really don't have much farther to go after that level. I had stopped there as well for a bit. I actually became hooked on Burnout Revenge and set Kameo aside and kind of went back to it a long time later. When I finally got back to it I beat that part no problem and finished the game. Go figure.

Played the Civilization Revolution demo. Didn't like it at first and was disappointed. After I got used to it, I started to like it and I think I might like it more than the previous console versions. Not as much boring micromanaging in this game.

I haven't played the demo, but Civ Rev is friggen awesome.

I think the last three you named aren't practical for demo purposes. They're not level based, too hard/costly to strip down to a smaller portion for a demo, when they're going to be selling to people that have largely already decided to purchase.

I'm surprised Battlefield: Bad Company doesn't have a demo, I thought it did.

Edit - It had a demo, if its not there I guess its been taken down since its a year old and they have a sequel on the way. I think they periodically remove demos of older content when its outlived its usefulness.

Edited by Atariboy

Edit - It had a demo, if its not there I guess its been taken down since its a year old and they have a sequel on the way. I think they periodically remove demos of older content when its outlived its usefulness.

Sucks that I can't catch up, but at least I can play any new demos that exist. I'll just have to buy the other stuff cheap and used when I can.

Edited by Random Terrain