IGNORED

What are the 'must have' Xbox 360 games?

Well, crap! I got to the end of Mass Effect without doing the whole list of side crap and visiting a bunch of other planets and now I have to start over? I thought I might be able to do the other stuff once the big bad guy was dead.

Too bad I can't skip ahead. At least I got to keep my talents from before.

Edited by Random Terrain

Well, crap! I got to the end of Mass Effect without doing the whole list of side crap and visiting a bunch of other planets and now I have to start over? I thought I might be able to do the other stuff once the big bad guy was dead.

Too bad I can't skip ahead. At least I got to keep my talents from before.

I hear you on that one. Open-ended games should have open-ended endings. Fallout 3 ended after you complete the final quest until they released an add-on that adds some new stuff and allows you to play after the game is over. I will make sure to do everything I want to do before finishing Mass Effect.

He hasn't really played much of Oblivion beyond escaping from the sewers judging by his XBL profile, he'll probably be occupied for at least 150 hours when he gets around to playing that.

By then, Fallout 3 should see at least a price reduction. :)

Edited by Atariboy

He hasn't really played much of Oblivion beyond escaping from the sewers judging by his XBL profile, he'll probably be occupied for at least 150 hours when he gets around to playing that.

I think you're right. I've turned RT on to a few games, and in two cases (Mass Effect and Crackdown) he's started the game, and played for hours on end almost non-stop (notice how he rarely posts on AA anymore? The last post was June 6th, he's been playing Crackdown for like 3 days straight!!) until he beat the game, and then in Mass Effects case wanted to go back and do everything he missed. If he does that with Oblivion, he will indeed be looking at 150 hours!!

Edited by moycon

Halo Wars should be up there. It's one of the most solid RTS' I have played since Starcraft.

Fallout 3 is THE game to get, though......assuming you already love the plots of the first two Fallouts and the gameplay style of Oblivion.

Thanks. I'll try the Halo Wars demo. Never played any of the other Fallout games.

I think you're right. I've turned RT on to a few games, and in two cases (Mass Effect and Crackdown) he's started the game, and played for hours on end almost non-stop (notice how he rarely posts on AA anymore? The last post was June 6th, he's been playing Crackdown for like 3 days straight!!) until he beat the game, and then in Mass Effects case wanted to go back and do everything he missed. If he does that with Oblivion, he will indeed be looking at 150 hours!!

Yeah, I usually like to play the same game for a while since I'll forget what most of the buttons do if I move to a new game. I'll go back to Mass Effect, relearn the controls and try some of the things I missed the first time, then play Oblivion for many days in a row.

Once I can afford to buy Civilization Revolution, I may not play another game besides that one for the rest of my life. :D I love that game!

Lightning hit something in the area and the lights were off from around 7pm to 2am today, so I was forced to be without Xbox 360 for around 7 hours. :sad: :D

I played the Halo Wars demo. It's a lot like other games I have played on the PC and consoles, but the controls aren't as complicated, so it's more fun.

The demo limited you to 30 units. Do you get more in the actual game or is that all you get?

The demo limited you to 30 units. Do you get more in the actual game or is that all you get?

It seems to me you could bump up your units, but you had to do it through your base. You couldn't bump it up much though. Like maybe by 10 units? I cant remember now. Been awhile. It is a fun game though.

You can have a lotta units......but bigger units cost you more space, unit-wise. You could build zillions of soldiers.......but with bigger units like the Super Scarab....you could only have two, at the most....and if you had no other units.

Thanks. I bet I'll have some fun with this game. I need to get Civilization Revolution first, though.

You can have a lotta units......but bigger units cost you more space, unit-wise. You could build zillions of soldiers.......but with bigger units like the Super Scarab....you could only have two, at the most....and if you had no other units.

I don't think it works that way.

You definitely have a population cap, of like 40 or 50 and that's if you upgrade at a base.

At any point you can use up your max population. I

If you were maxed out at 40 then you could have 40 units of foot soldiers, since to train them only uses up 1 population.

There is a limit. You couldn't have a zillion unfortunately.

I think you are right though. The scarab takes up many unit spaces.

Not a fan of the racing titles?

Forza 2 for the car action, MotoGP 08 for the bikes. (these are racing sims though)

After my buddy hooked up his projector, we have not stopped playing MotoGP for the last 2 weeks now.

When your whole peripheral is nothing but road, its quite the experience!

Not a fan of the racing titles?

Nope. I liked driving for fun in GTA: SA, but I didn't like being forced to do the racing missions. Drive at full speed and don't make even one little mistake or you'll have to do it all over again. Not my idea of fun. So games where you do nothing but race usually make me want to vomit. Let me get out of the car and climb a building or fly around in a jet pack or shoot somebody in the face. Don't keep me trapped in a car.

Nope. I liked driving for fun in GTA: SA, but I didn't like being forced to do the racing missions.

You might consider trying the Burnout Paradise demo.

Probably would be right up your ally if you enjoy just tooling around.

Granted you cant get out of the car or anything, and no you cant run over people, but the graphics are kick ass and it's pretty much an open world.

Granted you cant get out of the car or anything, and no you cant run over people, but the graphics are kick ass and it's pretty much an open world.

Thanks. I'll check it out later today.

Tried the demo. It was pretty, but not enough stuff to do. The Red Faction: Guerrilla people need to make a driving game. Drive through walls, run people over, destroy the whole city if you want. In GTA: SA, there were crazy ramps and all kinds of things you could do in your car, including driving up a mountain and zooming off at high speed to see how long it takes before gravity makes you one your the car.

I've been playing this game non stop since I got it, and I'd have to Add Red Faction Guerrilla to the lineup of "must have's" If your a fan of sandbox games, this is truely awesome, if not, it's still fun just to drive around or blow up someones house :P

Nope. I liked driving for fun in GTA: SA, but I didn't like being forced to do the racing missions.

I'd suggest Need for Speed Hot Persuit, Black, or Most wanted. Those are a lot more about running from the cops and the latter two are pretty open worlded untill you get into an actual race. Most the NFS series are good (except IMO, Underground, which doesn't even have cops...boo :( )

Tried the demo. It was pretty, but not enough stuff to do.

The full game has so many things to do you'll be tooling around for HOURS without even trying to earn your Burnout license and new cars.

Believe me, I know. I started to try and explain everything there was to do and realized it would take too long.

Read this and you'll get an idea....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_Paradise

I don't think the Xbox 360 offers a driving game that has more to do than Burnout Paradise.

To be honest, I don't think a driving game has ever been released on any system that has more to do for that matter.

The best part....You can buy the game NEW for $20. Put it on your list RT.

The best part....You can buy the game NEW for $20. Put it on your list RT.

The guy here said he hated the demo, but liked the full game, so maybe it doesn't totally suck. One of the things I don't like about the demo is that the camera is too low. I like the view when you push the right thumbstick up, but there doesn't seem to be a way to lock it, so if you like that view better, you have to play by holding the right thumbstick up the whole time. Stupid, annoying, and uncomfortable. Can you lock in a different view in the full game?

Oblivion froze up on me many times.

I think it's more the game than your console (or the way the game uses resources I guess it what I mean, not anything physical with the disk) as I had multiple consoles and it froze up on any of them and from my understanding the PS3 version has the same problem.

Oblivion froze up on me many times.

I think it's more the game than your console (or the way the game uses resources I guess it what I mean, not anything physical with the disk) as I had multiple consoles and it froze up on any of them and from my understanding the PS3 version has the same problem.

Yeah, I'm playing from the hard drive, so it can't be the disc. Looked like the game was having trouble loading the next area while I was walking. It slowed down to a crawl, then froze up a couple of seconds later.

That sucks, it froze on me a couple of times too, but wasn't a huge problem, cause I'm a spazmatic saver (why my memory doesn't last to long :lol: :P But I tended to pick up all Items and dispose of dead bodies, and that seems to help very much (remeber, this games keeps track of all that, and to much stuff will cause it to lag)