IGNORED

Old School Activision T-Shirts at Target!

Byte Knight

Actually, a few modern games have the Activision logo as shown below, so it's still kind of modern. But still tres cool.

Actually, in this month's issue of Sci Fi magazine, there was a story of some TV show or movie coming out. Anyway, one of the kids in the photo is wearing a shirt with the Activision Grand Priz label filling the front. But the movie/show takes place today rather than the 80s. Wish I could find that magazine again so I knew what the show was. Also I wonder if there are other classic label Activ. shirts out there?

Edited by Snider-man

Check out this kick ass Grand Prix shirt that the tween kid is wearing in this movie trailer.

It's a craptacular movie that's coming out next year, but I was happy to see the shirt.

Very cool!

He shows up around 1:25 into this preview from hell.

http://www.movieweb.com/video/VI3Yeb68WMxv6a

I bought one a while ago. My kid comes home with stories every once in a while about kids wearing 80's tees and having no idea what they are.

Just the other day he told me this story:

"Today, I saw Eric wearing a Ghostbusters Teeshirt. "

Me: O RLY?

" Yeah. I asked him if he liked the Stay Puft Marshmellow man scene, and he said he didnt know who that was. I asked him more stuff and he had no idea who Ghostbusters were."

Me: Blasphemy! THIS IS MADNESS! OMGUNDAMBBQFTWROFLMAO1337COPTER!!!!

:|

Ok, maybe my own lines are exagerated a bit :D

The colors seem off, or am I wrong.. shouldn't the top one be red, not pink?

I did pick up one of the shirts, but I don't know how Target gets away with it. They charge $9.99 when usually I get them at Wally World for $7.00 and sometimes $9.00.

The quality on the shirt isn't the greatest, I know it's meant to look old, in my opinion you have to sift through the pile to find the nicest old looking one.

The best shirt I ever owned said "Pac-Man World Champion 1981" in a retro look. Many people, girls as well as guys, would question me about it. One asked if I really was the champ. I got the shirt for $2 new.

I just picked up one of those Grand Prix shirts! :D I'm getting this too:

THE LAST SUPPER

post-6095-1244438344_thumb.jpg

Edited by yuppicide

I saw a kid with one of those Activision shirts in the store yesterday. He looked like he was about 15, but I suppose he could have been into retro stuff (we have a few youngins on this board). It caught my eye right away though.

Tempest

I have an authentic(!) Berzerk t-shirt from back in the day. I about wore out the Pac-Man shirt I had, but I treasured that Berzerk shirt. Had a guy at school write in my yearbook that he wanted that shirt in the worst way.

I'll have to find it, and take pictures.

Don't worry, I'm not dilusional enough to try and wear it. I wish I could, but it's about 1/2 the size it would take to cover me now. :ponder:

I had to go out today and buy some new clothes and i talked the wife into stopping at Target and picking me up that Activision T-Shirt.

Did not see any other classic videogames t-shirts like the Grandprix one mentioned in the thread but i have my eyes out for it. :)

Edited by jboypacman

Got mine, along w/ the Ghostbusters logo, Sesame Street "Kicking It Old School" (which I saw someone else had on at Wisc Dells), & Scooby-Doo.

They're nice & lightweight, which is perfect for my job. A work buddy(?) already scoffed at my Activision shirt, but I knew he was jealous ;)

Edited by RJ

I have an authentic(!) Berzerk t-shirt from back in the day. I about wore out the Pac-Man shirt I had, but I treasured that Berzerk shirt. Had a guy at school write in my yearbook that he wanted that shirt in the worst way.

Don't worry, I'm not dilusional enough to try and wear it. I wish I could, but it's about 1/2 the size it would take to cover me now. :ponder:

Ooo, yeah, I'd like to see a picture of that! Berzerk's one of my favorite games.

You not only grow up, but out as well. :D

Oh..and there's no target within 100 miles of me. Sad for me. Sigh... :(

Edited by classicgamingguy

Ooo, yeah, I'd like to see a picture of that! Berzerk's one of my favorite games.

You not only grow up, but out as well. :D

Oh..and there's no target within 100 miles of me. Sad for me. Sigh... :(

Still can't find that Berzerk shirt, and it's driving me.... well, Berzerk. :ponder:

However, I did find these:

Shirt-3.jpg

Shirt-2.jpg

The Pac-Man shirt is actually one of a pair of them. I took a picture of both, but this one is in much better condition than the other. I also found my Pac-Man bedroom set(Yeah.... I said it.....), but I haven't taken pics of that yet.

• 1 month later...

I picked this shirt a month or two ago. It's definitely one of my favorite shirts and I wear it all the time. I went to Canobie Lake up in NH last week and one of the ride operators was like "It's an Activision shirt! Like the 70's logo!" I just nodded and said yup because I wanted to get on the ride :D