IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

Hi Heaven,

"Where do I configure which assembler to use?"

This is described in the section "Installation" section on the site. The default for "*.asm" after installation is "ATASM".

"...Using the button "Default" in the "File Associations" preferences you can set the default editor for a file extension, for example "MADS" for "*.asm".

There is an animation which shows the steps. You can also see the active default from the icon which is displayed for the files in the package explorer.

MADS has the Atari icon with a red "M" in it.

You can also use the "Open with..." context menu to open an "*.asm" file with either of the editors irrespective of the default.

With "source code preview" you probably mean the content outline. The view is activated via the menu "Window/Show View/Outline" or "ALT+SHIFT+Q"+"O".

Note that it is not yet implemented for MADS in XASM since I first have to understand the complete syntax. But that's the next thing I'll do - I promise :-).

Peter/JAC!

aah... ok...small progress...not only I set the default to mads in the general settings I need to set in the project asm file to (open with...).

now console says that it starts mads but it prints the parameters (-h) and does not load or assemble the source file...

btw. now I am on the OSX...

Peter... does the ASM.zip you are providing missing the mac version of MADS? i have found .osx in the xasm and atasm folder but not in the mads folder?

Hi, yes, the Mac version of MADS somehow was not added to the archive. I'll add it later (obviously you already have it ;-) )

What's the output on the "Console" tab. Under MacOS X "Runtime.exec" behaves differently and the output of the "exec" is only visible on the "Console" if the process cannot be started. Maybe you chose the wrong executabe.

2009-07-12 IDE update 1.2.0 released

Unfortunately the starting the emulator automatically on MacOS X does not work yet. At least if have Mac OS X emulation up and running now for my tests and found out that the problem is passing parameters to the "open" command in addition to the binary file name. Maybe somebody here knows how to do that. Or maybe even Atari800MacOSX does not support any parameter apart from the binary file name...

JAC!

Hi Peter

I've been playing with the command line on OSX and the following lets me open the emulator and start a .xex file.

open -a /Applications/Atari800MacX/Atari800MacX.app ./aguilera_320k.xex

I think you may need to pass the full path to the .xex file. I was running the above from the same dir as the file.

What else are you trying to pass to the emulator?

Edited by spookt

@Heaven: Pity, same screen shot twice... The console tab will tel the truth..

@Spookt: Actually for the straight case this will be sufficient (and even works correctly). Currently only my "-run" options causes the problem. For plain ".xex" file I would not even need the path to the emulator since the extension is registered correctly. But Atari800Win has plenty of command line options to control the emulation, for example if the file will be used as cardridge (and which/type). I've sent a PM to the developer of Atari800MacX since I couln't find any description of the command line options.

Hi,

On the screen shot there are only the default parameters shown. Scroll down for the actual parameters. maybe they are different/wrong. I just created "wudsn" on twitter. No idea how that works, but maybe that's easier than real-time posting here...

Hi there,

So now I know what Twitter is and we have a solution to both problems.

MADS: Under Mac OS X it has problem with absolute source file paths as it interprets the leading "/" as "-". I'll contact Tebe for that. For testing you can just specify the file name explicitly in the preferences without path, e.g. "-o:${outputFilePath} -p Rainbow.asm"

Atar800MacX: At least one of my hacks works already. Do you remeber the film "13th floor"ß If yes, the following might remind you of something when you look at it closely.

post-17404-1247429481_thumb.png

I'll provide the update in the next 2-3 days. For now I have to go back to the room where my guests and my wife are wating for me ;-)

Bye, Peter/JAC!

Is anyone using this with the VBXE enabled Atari++ Emulator?

Hi Stephen,

The version 1.2.0 of WUDSN IDE only supports Atar800Win properly. But after diving deep into MacOS X I've started to make the emulators configurable like the compilers. The emulator to use (including Atari++) can be configured per compiler then and for every emulator you can modify the parameters. See the (totaly cluttered ;-) ) screen shot of the forthcoming version.

post-17404-1247616992_thumb.png

Regards, Peter.

Is anyone using this with the VBXE enabled Atari++ Emulator?

Hi Stephen,

The version 1.2.0 of WUDSN IDE only supports Atar800Win properly. But after diving deep into MacOS X I've started to make the emulators configurable like the compilers. The emulator to use (including Atari++) can be configured per compiler then and for every emulator you can modify the parameters. See the (totaly cluttered ;-) ) screen shot of the forthcoming version.

post-17404-1247616992_thumb.png

Regards, Peter.

Thank you Peter... I'm eagerly awaiting the next update...

Hi,

Has anyone been able to use the "Compile & Run" function on OS X 10.5.7 ?

I keep on getting an error message and an info message when I run the sample program.

Description Resource Path Location Type

No output file created. Check the error messages and the console log. Example.asm ATASM Unknown Problem

Symbols file '/Volumes/OSX Tiger/Applications/Emulation/eclipse development/ATASM/Example.lbl' created with 0 symbols. Example.asm ATASM Unknown Problem

I went through the whole five page thread but maybe I missed something...

Thank you / Danke Schön,

Pierre André.

post-15996-1247734473_thumb.jpg

Edited by pierreandre

BTW- does it make any difference to run Eclipse on a PPC Mac vs. an Intel Mac ?

I'm using a 2003 MDD G4 (2x1.25Ghz) as my development platform.

Hi Pierre,

I only have an VMWare Image with MacOS X for testing. So I don't know if the compiler executable runs with it (or which one you use, I know there is a two-in-one binary format on Mac OS X but I donÄt know how Spookt compiled his version). You may check the console tab (as the error message says) for the details.