IGNORED

If you code for the 7800... READ!

Sorry Walter,

To date, I have not run across the later 7800 games sources like Meltdown, Scrapyard Dog, Planet Smashers, Ninja Golf, etc... only Commando and Super Stunt Cycle have materialized. I have another crate in storage of ST HD's and some Syquest disks that need to be looked through, maybe over the summer I'll have a chance to do that.

Curt

Hi Curt

Really nice update.Would be great,if you can find the source of SCRAPYARD DOG.

Cause we are working on a (It is still a secret)hack and need a source code to remove the title screen.

If this is possible,there will be a really nice hack.

greetings Walter

Thanks a million for posting the source code to all of those games! I tried disassembling the games myself (using DISTELLA) some years ago, but the original commented code is so much easier to read. This will be a great resource for prospective 7800 developers like myself.

To date, I have not run across the later 7800 games sources like Meltdown, Scrapyard Dog, Planet Smashers, Ninja Golf, etc... only Commando and Super Stunt Cycle have materialized. I have another crate in storage of ST HD's and some Syquest disks that need to be looked through, maybe over the summer I'll have a chance to do that.

It would be nice if BALLBLAZER source ever materialized...

--Selgus

I agree,

I need to see if there is any chance that the sources for it still exist someplace, I will do my best to try and find it... In the meantime, at least from a Pokey sound chip usage perspective - the sources to Commando will reveal how to use the Pokey sound chip in 7800 games and will allow homebrewers to work on pokey enabled games so that at long last, people can stop griping about the audio on the 7800.

Curt

It would be nice if BALLBLAZER source ever materialized...

--Selgus

• 4 weeks later...

There are plenty of more powerful PC cross development tools for modern 7800 development :-

DASM, CC65 - 6502 assemblers.

a78sign - To sign/encrypt the *.a78 binaries

ProSystem, MESS - 7800 emulators.

Thats all you need.

I have some other tools to add for graphics conversion when I release the 7800 "C" development system later this year.

• 4 years later...

Sorry Walter,

Curt

Found the source to Electrocop in there yet? :)