Wanted - POKEY sound effects

4 replies to this topic

#1 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

Games Developer

• 7,978 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:41 PM

Has anybody got links to any good POKEY sound effect resources? I'm not interested in RMT or any music at the moment. Any source code (6502 preferred), apps (PC based ideally), tutorials etc. would be most helpful (I already have the POKEY datasheet). I've searched AA but didn't find much :(.

#2 Mitch OFFLINE  

Mitch

Quadrunner

• 6,176 posts
  • 7800 Guy

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:10 PM

Has anybody got links to any good POKEY sound effect resources? I'm not interested in RMT or any music at the moment. Any source code (6502 preferred), apps (PC based ideally), tutorials etc. would be most helpful (I already have the POKEY datasheet). I've searched AA but didn't find much :(.

Did you look at the 7800 Commando source code that Curt posted or the Beef Drop source that Kenfused posted? For tools you probably need to check out the Atari 8bit computer sections. :)

Mitch

#3 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

Games Developer

• Topic Starter
  • 7,978 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:27 PM

Did you look at the 7800 Commando source code that Curt posted or the Beef Drop source that Kenfused posted?

Yep! Looked at those. I was looking for something simple that I didn't have to unpick from a game engine.

For tools you probably need to check out the Atari 8bit computer sections.

If nobody notices the plea for help over here I'll try over there :lol: ;-).

#4 mimo OFFLINE  

mimo

Preppie!

• 6,778 posts
  • It's easy living in a bubble

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:11 AM

Probably best to make that request in the 8bit forums. Lots of people there that understand the workings of POKEY

#5 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

Games Developer

• Topic Starter
  • 7,978 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:34 AM

:lol: I read all the threads that interest me, not just the 7800 ones. I'd hoped to get a response here. :ponder: I'll start a thread "over there".

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users