IGNORED

Rapid Fire for Vectrex?

SnapCraft

I was gong to say you could ask, but Stitch done did, maybe he'll get a reply?

As for the sound, well, it could also depemd on the camera and orientation, but a lot of compression could mask the button tap...but I see no reason not to have a turbo fire, the stick I believe is analog, but the buttons are still digital AFAIK, you could probably even put an "inline" device on it so you wouldn't have to take apart a controller.

• 1 month later...
Seeing as that video is over a year old and he doesn't seem to speak English, I don't think he'll respond.

By chance I saw this message just as I today announced in an other topic that my VectrexMad! Productions AutoFire Dongle is available to order.

Please see

VectrexMad! Productions AutoFire Dongle for Vectrex

regards

VectrexMad!

I was gong to say you could ask, but Stitch done did, maybe he'll get a reply?

As for the sound, well, it could also depemd on the camera and orientation, but a lot of compression could mask the button tap...but I see no reason not to have a turbo fire, the stick I believe is analog, but the buttons are still digital AFAIK, you could probably even put an "inline" device on it so you wouldn't have to take apart a controller.

the joystick is digital

<!--quoteo(post=1819342:date=Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:00 AM:name=warmachine)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (warmachine @ Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819342"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't think that vectrex has autofire.

It just seems like the camera may be too slow.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No the Vectrex doesn't have autofire but see the video for my new homebrew product in another topic:

<a href='index.php?showtopic=149074'>VectrexMad! Productions AutoFire Dongle for the Vectrex</a>

regards

VectrexMad!

I was talking about the vectrex in the video.

I've read on one of the vectrex sites that autofire is possible.

If the vectrex in the video had some kind of autofire mod,

the person who made it probably would have shown it.

Yes, like I said before, see the AutoFire Dongle topic or just go straight to my website http://www.vectrex.co.uk

Like in my video :) unless they built it into the Vectrex...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, like I said before, see the AutoFire Dongle topic or just go straight to my website http://www.vectrex.co.uk

Like in my video :) unless they built it into the Vectrex...

LOL...Read the posts People.. :D

Just remember, befor going in with a mod (or even a passthrough type device) that the game has to be programmed to use it. Games like Space Invaders will only fire once, and not again untill your bullet hits something or leaves the screen (IMO the most agrevating thing about the game) While some other games will let you fire as fast as you want, and still other games will let you fire again instantly, but the previous shot dissappears.

Anyhow, just don't bbe to surprised if a LOT of games won't work properly with an autofire device.

Just remember, befor going in with a mod (or even a passthrough type device) that the game has to be programmed to use it. Games like Space Invaders will only fire once, and not again untill your bullet hits something or leaves the screen (IMO the most agrevating thing about the game) While some other games will let you fire as fast as you want, and still other games will let you fire again instantly, but the previous shot dissappears.

Anyhow, just don't bbe to surprised if a LOT of games won't work properly with an autofire device.

I have one..I'll try it out and let ya'll know when I get a free day with my Veccy!