IGNORED

Colecovision Labels Thread

pboland

What original colecovision labels are people interested in that haven't been done? If someone has a list I would be willing to try to give a shot at making them.

I know that pboland has made many and he does great work so I don't want to intrude on his fine work.

When it comes to labels that people could actually use, I'd say labels for Xonox carts would be nice. Those darn Xonox labels fade, get dirty, or peel off just by looking at them.

Just a suggestion. :)

EDIT: A label for Up'n Down would be really appreciated as well, because those have the same vulnerability to humidity than AtariSoft labels.

Edited by Pixelboy

What original colecovision labels are people interested in that haven't been done? If someone has a list I would be willing to try to give a shot at making them.

I know that pboland has made many and he does great work so I don't want to intrude on his fine work.

When it comes to labels that people could actually use, I'd say labels for Xonox carts would be nice. Those darn Xonox labels fade, get dirty, or peel off just by looking at them.

Just a suggestion. :)

EDIT: A label for Up'n Down would be really appreciated as well, because those have the same vulnerability to humidity than AtariSoft labels.

And Xonox' quality control left a LOT to be desired. It pains me when I see that the large majority of their labels extend past the label area on the cart shell (left or right sides) and even worse when the label was placed improperly and the name of the game on the wrap-over is half on the face and half on the angled wrap-over.

Sunrise Software was another company with poor quality control when it came to their labels.

Gave this a try based on photos out there on the web. Some of it is finer work than other pieces of it, but I did do it in a full 600 dpi file. Compressed it (as I do all of these that I post) for web.

Overall, it's a quick-and-dirty. I might make a revision to it. Enjoy!

EDIT: Cleaned up a thing I forgot, re-posted. Enjoy!

post-28334-0-50568400-1322873583_thumb.jpg

Edited by phattyboombatty

I happen to be working on a new game poster for this thread:

ColecoVision Mr. DO! Poster & Maybe More...

After I got done with the title graphics, I decided to start making the game label as well. It is not 100% finished yet, but its close. Here's the label as it stands right now:

post-9874-0-74856000-1322887956_thumb.jpg

...and now you know the game poster I'm working on. ;)

• Like 2

Gave this a try based on photos out there on the web. Some of it is finer work than other pieces of it, but I did do it in a full 600 dpi file. Compressed it (as I do all of these that I post) for web.

Overall, it's a quick-and-dirty. I might make a revision to it. Enjoy!

EDIT: Cleaned up a thing I forgot, re-posted. Enjoy!

Wow, great job! :) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, this is an odd label. It is not a cart label but the label on the bottom of the ColecoVision that has the serial number on it. Every ColecoVision I've owned (which is about 8 ) always had a crappy looking serial number label. So I figured, why not redo the label. I left my actual serial number off the label but I do have a text font that looks just like the dot matrix printed serial number. Anyway, here you go:

post-9874-0-75481700-1325891644_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi I made a label and i would like to have some opinions :) but i don't know how inseted a picture :?

When you post a message in a thread, choose the "More Reply Option" button at the bottom of the generic message post entry area. This will switch to the full message editor where you can change font styles, sizes, add emoticons and also have numerous other text editing features. Below the area where you type your text is an Attach Files option with a Browse button, click on the browse button to select the file on your computer and once selected click on the "Attach This File" button. Took me a while to figure it out when I was new to the Forums.

Love the Dragon's Lair label. Maybe one day it could be put to good use!

Hi Yurkie, it is a Dyed Colecovision, I tried to match the Adam color to go with the controllers!

That's a sweet looking CV and I, as I am sure others on here, would love to see more pics of it.

I recall DoubleDown dying an ADAM Computer Memory Console to match the ColecoVision colors and it's nice to see the reverse has been done. Here are pics of DoubleDown's creation:

post-25956-0-00426000-1326323184_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-46200200-1326323192_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-68990600-1326323199_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but I have a couple labels to contribute. These are scans of my carts that I've cleaned up. I've matched the legal text font and positioning precisely. I could also scan Montezuma's Revenge, Q*bert, War Room, and some others not yet found here, but I'm not sure I'll have time.

Here are two for now, in 300dpi:

post-9364-0-77579100-1348808483_thumb.png post-9364-0-42309600-1348808373_thumb.png

• Like 4