848 replies to this topic

#826 128Kgames OFFLINE  

128Kgames

Dragonstomper

• 747 posts
  • Victory is mine! I am the Worrior!

Posted Sun Aug 6, 2017 6:29 PM

Christmas of 2020 :-P

I'll be dead in two years...but they can bury it with me...

#827 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,271 posts

Posted Sun Aug 6, 2017 6:46 PM

And I am curious if we will see even one game release this year . There have been no color line ports released either . I remember reading he could release 12 - 15 a year but this year is almost over with zero . What about games like DKA , Ladubug , and there were others he said were close to done last year . Crossing my fingers .

#828 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 208 posts

Posted Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:48 AM

Christmas of 2020 :-P

I hope not. Lol

#829 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 208 posts

Posted Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:56 AM

And I am curious if we will see even one game release this year . There have been no color line ports released either . I remember reading he could release 12 - 15 a year but this year is almost over with zero . What about games like DKA , Ladubug , and there were others he said were close to done last year . Crossing my fingers .

I'm still waiting for Opcode to restock Bosconian and Warp Warp; both games were suppose to be available back in February.

Opcode could also just be busy with its IntelliXpander(sp?) project for the Intellivision. They're also porting a handful of games to support the new expansion module, which is probably very time consuming.

In either case - I'm sure Opcode will eventually get caught up and not only release the rest of its color line, but DKA as well.

Edited for spelling

Edited by ColecoGamer, Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:15 AM.

#830 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,121 posts
  • Bringing new life to your ColecoVision!

Posted Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:46 AM

Ok, quick update.

The reason for the delays this year is mostly due to the Coleco drama that unfolded a few months back. The good news is that we got very near to 400 preorders in the current 4th run. Manufacturing has started. But the extra time required to redesign things delayed the modules and games a bit. We prefer to release things in batches, because of all the logistic involved. So Pac-Man DX releases around the same time as the SGM, with Donkey Kong following next. I made a sizeable investiment in DK already, I am surely not going to through all of that away.

#831 128Kgames OFFLINE  

128Kgames

Dragonstomper

• 747 posts
  • Victory is mine! I am the Worrior!

Posted Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:25 PM

Ok, quick update.
The reason for the delays this year is mostly due to the Coleco drama that unfolded a few months back. The good news is that we got very near to 400 preorders in the current 4th run. Manufacturing has started. But the extra time required to redesign things delayed the modules and games a bit. We prefer to release things in batches, because of all the logistic involved. So Pac-Man DX releases around the same time as the SGM, with Donkey Kong following next. I made a sizeable investiment in DK already, I am surely not going to through all of that away.

Cool man, thanks for the update.

#832 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 208 posts

Posted Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:43 PM

Ok, quick update.

Congrats on making nearly 400 pre-orders for the current 4th run of the SGM. And thank you for updating us on Pac-Man DX and Donkey Kong Arcade!

#833 Trabera OFFLINE  

Trabera

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:33 PM

So correct me if I'm wrong but there have been no pre-sales yet for DK or Pac-Man correct? I didn't miss an opportunity to get those did I?

#834 iesposta OFFLINE  

iesposta

River Patroller

• 3,402 posts
  • Retro-gaming w/my VCS

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:37 PM

So correct me if I'm wrong but there have been no pre-sales yet for DK or Pac-Man correct? I didn't miss an opportunity to get those did I?

DK went on sale, but was refunded. 

Those that ordered and refunded are one pre-order list. 

#835 Trabera OFFLINE  

Trabera

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:41 PM

Those that ordered and refunded are one pre-order list. 

Oh ok. Not sure how I missed that but may have been a while ago. Here's hoping more can be added to that waitlist!

#836 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 13,636 posts
  • \m/

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:54 AM

I wasn't refunded. I don't know what the reasoning was for it though. As long as I get my game I'll be happy.

#837 Master Phruby ONLINE  

Master Phruby

Quadrunner

• 8,054 posts

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:14 PM

What is the likely hood of Nintendo sending a cease and desist order on this version of Donkey Kong? 

#838 sega_SHARK OFFLINE  

sega_SHARK

Dragonstomper

• 749 posts

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:46 PM

What is the likely hood of Nintendo sending a cease and desist order on this version of Donkey Kong? 

Thought of this scene for some reason.

I hope they find a way to release this under the radar. 

#839 stupus OFFLINE  

stupus

Stargunner

• 1,525 posts
  • pixel obcessed yeti

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:58 PM

Probably much higher when you put all those words together in a public forum post ;)

#840 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,271 posts

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:02 PM

If he hurries up and releases it we won't have to worry about this .

#841 Master Phruby ONLINE  

Master Phruby

Quadrunner

• 8,054 posts

Posted Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 AM

Gosh, I hope Opcode isn't printing new boxes and manuals just to remove the word Colecovision from it. Seems like a huge expense. Why not just put a piece of black tape over the word? A collector could easily peal the tape away after they have it. I'm sure there is more to it than that. 

#842 cybercylon OFFLINE  

cybercylon

River Patroller

• 2,090 posts

Posted Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:14 AM

Oh ok. Not sure how I missed that but may have been a while ago. Here's hoping more can be added to that waitlist!

Ditto. I missed the first go around.

#843 Master Phruby ONLINE  

Master Phruby

Quadrunner

• 8,054 posts

Posted Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:33 AM

Gosh, it got quiet around here. 

#844 JEFF31 OFFLINE  

JEFF31

Dragonstomper

• 513 posts

Posted Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:23 PM

Hope I'm 'not stepping on toes' here but Ed is in Brazil now visiting his wife so cut them a little slack.  I'm sure in a week or so there will be updates.

#845 Master Phruby ONLINE  

Master Phruby

Quadrunner

• 8,054 posts

Posted Fri Sep 1, 2017 8:03 AM

Hope I'm 'not stepping on toes' here but Ed is in Brazil now visiting his wife so cut them a little slack.  I'm sure in a week or so there will be updates.

See I didn't know that. Thanks for the update.

#846 Master Phruby ONLINE  

Master Phruby

Quadrunner

• 8,054 posts

Posted Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:53 AM

Any updates?

#847 JEFF31 OFFLINE  

JEFF31

Dragonstomper

• 513 posts

Posted Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:43 PM

Any updates?

From my 'very limited' knowledge on the subject... (and don't take my word on it).  But I think Ed goes to Brazil for about a month - which means he should be home 'now'.  I'm hoping for an update later this week also.

#848 colecocara OFFLINE  

colecocara

Space Invader

• 27 posts

Posted Sun Oct 1, 2017 6:21 AM

Any updates?

I believe he made a video update that DKA will be done for Christmas of .. 

#849 rga321 OFFLINE  

rga321

Chopper Commander

• 104 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:01 PM

Please...I hope we don't hit the 10 year point waiting...1.5 years away :ponder: Almost 2 years since my New Years Pre Order

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users