IGNORED

Is the Intellivision III Rare?

Poopopyo

It doesn't seem like many people own the Intellivision model III or even ever heard of it. It would be nice if it had a little rarity as I do have the box for it.

If AVGN doesn't have it, than it's probably pretty rare.

Edited by Poopopyo

It doesn't seem like many people own the Intellivision model III or even ever heard of it. It would be nice if it had a little rarity as I do have the box for it.

I don't think that they are extremely rare. I believe that the INTV III was released after the crash, so I suspect that they are not as common as the INTV I and II.

I have a model III myself. I had a model I that was purchased around 1982 but it died. I picked up the model III as a replacement - can't remember where. Sadly, the box is long gone.

"Is the Intellivision III Rare?"

No.

It's slightly more valuable than an Intellivision/Tandyvision/Super Video Arcade or Intellivision II though, especially with box.

The Sylvania Intellivision is easily the rarest Intellivision (barring the World Book Tutorvision, or course). Luckily, I have one...with the box. :cool:

Other than that, none of the Intellivisions are that hard to get. I wouldn't mind a III, myself. Cool-looking machines. :)

No.

It's slightly more valuable than an Intellivision/Tandyvision/Super Video Arcade or Intellivision II though, especially with box.

The Sylvania Intellivision is easily the rarest Intellivision (barring the World Book Tutorvision, or course). Luckily, I have one...with the box. :cool:

Other than that, none of the Intellivisions are that hard to get. I wouldn't mind a III, myself. Cool-looking machines. :)

Ahhh I forgot about that one. You are correct. The Tudor was a Proto was it not? The Intellivision Keyboard Component, Did have a limited release though, didn't it. :ponder:

No.

Ahhh I forgot about that one. You are correct. The Tudor was a Proto was it not? The Intellivision Keyboard Component, Did have a limited release though, didn't it. :ponder:

IIRC, yes, the Tutorvision was a prototype. And as far as I know, there's only one in the world...that anyone knows about, at least. :)

I can't comment with any certainty on the Keyboard Component though. I seem to remember reading it was manufactured in VERY small numbers (a thousand or less), and released in some manner, but most were returned as defective...and then Mattel said "screw it!" and released the Intellivision II and the ECS adapter instead. I'll have to look it up.

If my memory serves me correctly, the "INTV System III" was not produced by Mattel. Mattel decided when the video game market crashed to sell off the Intellivison. I believe it was sold to one the the engineers (or was it one of the sales men for Mattel, I'm sure it can be found on the web, I just don't feel like looking right now.) who worked on the Intellivison for Mattel. For legal reasons they could not call it an Intellivision system, so it was named after the new company name, "INTV". Most if not all INTV System III's were only sold threw catalog at first. After the release of the NES, INTV System III's were sold not only threw catalog but at Toys R Us threw 1990. I remember seeing them for sale at a local Toys R Us that year as well. (I wish I would have bought one :roll: )

pboland, is your avatar tesla? what an awesome man. i just watched a show about him and learned he actually created radio, marconi ripped off 17 of his patents.

wireless electricity still amazes me.

Honestly, I never thought somebody on this forum would have ever asked about my avatar. This is way off topic but since you asked. Yes it is. I find Tesla to be a very interesting person. Not only did he invent radio, he also invented remote control, fluorescent light bulbs, the brushless motor, and he is also developed the AC power system that we still use today (got into a huge battle with Tom Edison over AC as well).

Now, that I said that. I feel I must being this back to the topic at hand. I think the INTV System III is rarer than the original Intellivision system, but I would classify it as "uncommon" and not rare. I do think the black on silver looks better however. :D

• 2 weeks later...
pboland, is your avatar tesla? what an awesome man. i just watched a show about him and learned he actually created radio, marconi ripped off 17 of his patents.

wireless electricity still amazes me.

Either Tesla,Hitler impersonator,or that dude from 80's New Wave band SPARX. :D

Edited by Rik

Tesla Kicked Edison's Ass. Now back to the Regularly, Scheduled Topic.
Unfortunately, Tesla believed in facist ideals (such as sterilization of lower classes to purify the gene pool). A wizard with electricity...but a total dick otherwise.

I have never heard of Tesla advocating the sterilization of the "lower classes", but I have read that he thought that sterilization of criminals which he called the "unfit" was a good idea. Unfortunately, these statements never came from Tesla himself, but a poet (who was very narcissistic, and a self proclaimed genius :roll: )who said tesla believed this stuff based on an interview between the two.

The other problem with these statements is Tesla also, stated that he wanted to up lift the lower class with his inventions. He also hoped that his inventions would wipe out poverty by making food cheaper & more available and give free electricity to the impoverished.

Again, Tesla also stated (direct quote) Referring to WWII "Out of this war, the greatest since the beginning of history, a new world must be born that would justify the sacrifices offered by humanity, where there will be no humiliation of the poor by the violence of the rich....."

Sounds more like an idealist to me, but you can judge for yourself.

AVGN does not know much at all about classic gaming, I wouldn't use him as an example.

I have never heard of Tesla advocating the sterilization of the "lower classes", but I have read that he thought that sterilization of criminals which he called the "unfit" was a good idea. Unfortunately, these statements never came from Tesla himself, but a poet (who was very narcissistic, and a self proclaimed genius :roll: )who said tesla believed this stuff based on an interview between the two.

The other problem with these statements is Tesla also, stated that he wanted to up lift the lower class with his inventions. He also hoped that his inventions would wipe out poverty by making food cheaper & more available and give free electricity to the impoverished.

Again, Tesla also stated (direct quote) Referring to WWII "Out of this war, the greatest since the beginning of history, a new world must be born that would justify the sacrifices offered by humanity, where there will be no humiliation of the poor by the violence of the rich....."

Sounds more like an idealist to me, but you can judge for yourself.

He was very outspoken when the subject was eugenics (so was H.G.Wells)...and look at what a great idea that turned out to be. So sad that some great minds fail to recognise that genius is often born out of necessity rather than selective breeding :P