IGNORED

Good Deal Games - Homebrew Heaven

gooddealgames.jpgOur friends at Good Deal Games have recently relaunched their online store, giving it a new emphasis on homebrew games. Their "Homebrew Heaven" specialized store deals mostly with homebrew releases for a wide variety of classic gaming systems, stocking over 200 unique homebrew projects from authors around the world. Good Deal Games is also now stocking AtariAge homebrew titles, as well as a plethora of reproduction titles for the 2600, 5200 and 7800. If you enjoy playing original homebrew games for classic gaming systems, then you'll want to check out Homebrew Heaven!

This is...interesting. :ponder:

How do royalties for homebrew authors work?

Any games I sell to Good Deal Games get accounted for immediately in the royalties I keep track of. Any AtariAge-related homebrews you see in the Good Deal Games' store were manufactured by me.

..Al

This is surprising. Do you still have to manufacture all the AA ones, or has some of that work been shifted to GDG? I mean, surely it was difficult enough for 1 guy to keep up with only AA selling homebrews. Now there's 2 sites.

I am manufacturing the games.

..Al

Mike is an extremely nice guy, and pleasant to work with. We have become friends once we started working together. I also helped make for him some of the 7800 & 5200 games I programmed (which should explain the 'Super Pac-Man' and 'Space Invaders' for the 7800 that are there).

:)

Thanks for the kind words, "Racer," but please don't knock Al as he has been invaluable to us over the years. I shudder to think of all the time he has spent manufacturing games for us, not to mention how many times I picked his brain for advice.

For those unfamiliar with the previous GDG before transforming into Homebrew Heaven, you can read up about the transformation in the following thread: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...136705&st=0

I just want to mention that we are a fan and hobbyist run website, and that for the past decade all income from sales went directly to operating the website in order to maintain our small publishing division. We do what we do for the love of the hobby, which is why I just couldn't stay away. We always supported the homebrew scene, so it was a natural fit to bring others into the fold along with our own games and misc. projects that we have released.

It feels good to be back :-)

Cheers,

Michael

Not knocking Al at all... so if it sounded that way... sorry Al.

My intentions were to use my past exp with Al and the AA store as an example, or better yet as trustworthy and pleasant reference. Thus implying that my 1st exp with GDG was just as good. In other words... since Al set such a high standard, IMO GDG passed with flying colors...

Hopes that clears it up...

Not knocking Al at all... so if it sounded that way... sorry Al.

My intentions were to use my past exp with Al and the AA store as an example, or better yet as trustworthy and pleasant reference. Thus implying that my 1st exp with GDG was just as good. In other words... since Al set such a high standard, IMO GDG passed with flying colors...

Hopes that clears it up...

thats a very good endorsement, ill check out gdg. ive never had a single problem with the aa store, my games are shipped out insanely fast and always arrive in perfect shape.

I'm surprised they didn't bother to include screenshots. Without a screenshot, I wouldn't even bother considering the purchase of a homebrew game.

Edited by Ransom

Ok, let me know as well please. Will hold until confirmation either way. Can't do anything anyway from here.

Not to cause trouble but I thought Eugene Jarvis ask that Blaster NOT be sold for profit?

Allan

Oh Crap - really? Ok - I'll tell Michael. I really didn't know that.

Bob

Not to cause trouble but I thought Eugene Jarvis ask that Blaster NOT be sold for profit?

Allan

Yes that is correct (unless something has changed since I released the rom). My understading was that you can sell it to cover the cost of parts, but you can't make a profit.

Tempest

Concerning Blaster: We only made three copies initially of Blaster to help start the launch the new website. All of which were sold a few weeks ago. We were going to make more, but in respect to our friend Eugene, we are pulling it permanently. While we work voluntarily and for the love of the hobby and do not profit personally, we are taking it "off the menu." We certainly do not want to upset a gentleman that has brought us all so much joy over the years! So Sorry.

Sincerely,

Michael of GDG

www.GoodDealGames.com

Being that the ROM is available, it is easily made by any one of the cart making members, I would simply like the pro art/label to put on my own copy... just one for the personal collection. Would you be willing to hook me up? I'm happy to pay for it. Prior to yesterday I wasn't even aware that the rom was available now.

Thanks,

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax