Photo

Giant Label Variation PHOTO Website. Check it out!

569 replies to this topic

#551 Andre81 OFFLINE  

Andre81

Dragonstomper

• 943 posts

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:22 AM

You need to use ©

#552 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,518 posts

Posted Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:37 AM

Ok, I think I'm back up for now.

First off, I added a Maze Craze box variation, #7 where it is the "limited ninety day warranty" version with a "tab" style flap. This was made in 1984 by Ivy Hill. It probably is the last orange box variation prior to the grey box release. I'll be adding a Pac-Man and Video Checkers box variation hopefully successfully within the hour. I'll reply/edit this if it doesn't happen. Actually I will reply/edit regardless informing exactly what this new variation is.

I may have problems with this because I need to rearrange the variations which means I need to rename the photos. Hopefully this will work. I'll start with Pac-Man, so I'll keep you informed of my success.

As for the copyright symbol thing, I think I may get around this. If I copy a page in my web, it seems the copyright symbol stays. If I copy it from an outside file like I did the first time, it seems to screw up. So I'll probably copy it from the web and see what happens. 

As for my new pages, I'll have to work on those. I'm still trying to figure out how to do the navigation links that are at the top of my page with the "tree" in the program. Until that happens, I can't move forward with new content. I had to download my entire website back to my computer to undo what I had done previously. I guess if I can figure out the navigation tree thing, I may have been able to fix it that way, but I figure I'll start back from where I first got the program and work from there. I may as well give you the new variations before venturing on.

Phil

EDIT: Ok, Pacman worked. The new variation is #5. It is also a Not For Resale version, but the title is in blue on the front and the video game options is now listed on the back. This is similar to a later box from 1987, which is now variation #10. These are the only 2 I've seen that the title is blue.

Edited by Philflound, Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:20 PM.

#553 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,518 posts

Posted Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:48 PM

Video Checkers has been updated and rearranged. I put the boxes in order of printing, though most aren't proven from sight, but rather my research. The new version is #2 which has a white background warranty box. The front of this box was torn with a piece missing as shown. If anyone has this version and can send me a nice scan of the front of the box, please contact me. I'll keep you updated on any new pages made. I'll probably try again tomorrow.

I'm getting some more boxed games early this coming week, so I'll update any new found variations.

Phil

Edited by Philflound, Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:48 PM.

#554 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,518 posts

Posted Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:00 PM

I'm reviewing all the variations of boxes. On my general Atari variation page, I show the various labels, and below that get into some detailed info about the boxes. I list all confirmed titles under their respected variations. One thing I notice I didn't do was put titles I did not confirm the Rev number. I decided to add those who have a particular box variation, but no confirmed Rev at the end of each paragraph saying "Unconfirmed Rev number". If anyone owns those particular variations and can tell me the particular Rev number, please contact me.

Phil

#555 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,518 posts

Posted Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:29 PM

Got the next batch of boxed games in. I verified V9 of Kool-Aid Man along with the box variation #1, which I'll scan within a few days. I'll be going through the new batch of boxes. These were in really nice condition. I am pleased and possibly will be upgrading a few of my personal ones.

Phil

#556 edladdin OFFLINE  

edladdin

Star Raider

• 78 posts

Posted Wed Mar 4, 2015 6:38 PM

Great work!  I love it!

#557 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,518 posts

Posted Wed Mar 4, 2015 10:40 PM

I'm glad newer members to AA are getting to see the site. I've actually been working on it on and off for about 4 years now I think. It's come a long way, especially with much added info, but still have a ways to go. This weekend I'll try and tackle how to add my new pages with the Web Expression and see if I can get it to work correctly.

Phil

Edited by Philflound, Wed Mar 4, 2015 10:41 PM.

#558 Elvis8Atari OFFLINE  

Elvis8Atari

Chopper Commander

• 236 posts

Posted Thu Mar 5, 2015 11:40 AM

I'm wondering exactly which games were the black ones that say game program. 

It seems some of the CX carts are picture labels only. For example, Fatal Run does not have a "game program" black cart version. 

Is there a part of the website that JUST lists those?

Basically dividing up the CX carts between label and no-label

#559 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,518 posts

Posted Thu Mar 5, 2015 12:03 PM

The site does not break up carts at all. It lists companies, then goes into the specific titles. I don't know if atarimania.com does it, but you may want to check it out. I think you can search by text label only and picture label. His give more details.

Phil

#560 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,518 posts

Posted Sat Mar 7, 2015 11:21 AM

Ok, sorry to disappoint, but the Web Expression has no means of navigation. That means I can't put the new pages under their respective companies. What I used to do with Front Page is create a new page, say Frogger Boxes. Then I would go to the navigation tree and drag it under Parker Brothers and then the top would have the name Frogger Boxes with two links, "UP" and "HOME" automatically done correctly for me. This would then "UP" the page to the Parker Brothers page, and "HOME" the page to the initial page of the website. If I physically alter the name or links, they physically alter the entire website like I described a few posts back. This gave me a couple of hours extra work putting everything back the way it should be.

Good news is I can still alter whatever pages I already have without a problem, just can't create any new ones the old way.

Now I say the old way because I'm considering doing something and not sure how it will turn out. I have two choices. I can create new pages and not touch the navigation portion at the top of the page. This will give you a blank top on the new page and you can't go back anywhere once you get to the new page short of hitting the back button in your browser. The other thing I'm considering to do is leave the navigation paragraph, and then create under it a new paragraph physically writing the title and putting the two hyperlinks in there like I tried the first time. This time however, I'm not altering the navigation section, so the rest of the site would be unaffected. I'm not sure what the new page would look like adding a paragraph title and links. I'm hoping the worst would be there would be a space at the top, so aesthetically it won't look perfect. But at least I would have new pages that users can navigate to and from and still get all the info.

If this works, it will be a temporary fix, as I'm determined to somehow get a MS 2000 with Front Page, go back, and fix all the new pages how I originally had them. I'll try this within the next 2 days and get back here with my results. Worst comes to worst, I won't be adding any new pages at all and will just wait again.

On a good note, I'm modifying the MS word document to coincide with everything that's on the site. At least I want the document to match all the listings with new additions and info. This will take awhile and is actually my first priority at this time. I will also update the pdf document too so you don't need to download the word document and can just view everything. New additions will also be included in the document that isn't on the website yet like Parker Brothers, Sears, and Imagic that I have never gotten to.

If anyone is interested in any scans of carts or boxes that is not on the site, I can email them to you. Some people are curious as to what something looks like or maybe want to compare their own item with what the one in the list looks like. Just give me until the document is fully updated, which I'll post here when it's ready, before asking as the variation letters/numbers may change with new additions.

Thanks for all help and for understanding the situation. Let's hope I can move forward from here.

Phil

EDIT: I just received a small batch of manuals and catalogs and in it was a small card featuring a "free poster of Robot Tank". I haven't seen this before and just added it to the document. I currently put it at the end of the document as additional paperwork under Activision. Sometimes I add specific game papers under their respective titles. Does anyone know where this came from? Did it come with Robot Tank or other game?

Edited by Philflound, Sat Mar 7, 2015 11:26 AM.

#561 labels OFFLINE  

labels

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:06 PM

LhH9LeL.jpg

EdeXcax.jpg

Cart unknown, PAL format

Taken from this photo from an ebay auction:

8935PTn.jpg

Found another one with an 83 label:

elic4aR.jpg

SxpKmSo.jpg

This one looks better, still no scan of it though.

Edited by labels, Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:22 PM.

#562 labels OFFLINE  

labels

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:52 AM

Slot Racers 1981 box:

09apYQM.jpg1Rwl5Vr.jpg

#563 labels OFFLINE  

labels

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:34 PM

Air Sea Battle 1987 Box

yKKrDqg.jpgcGCOeiJ.jpg

#564 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,518 posts

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:01 PM

Thanks for the help. I'll get those boxes added by the weekend. I'm off from school come Friday for a week, so I'm hoping to get a little work on the site. Need to do lots of appointments though so I'm hoping to get time. Do you have any idea about the Sorcerer's Apprentice cart? I saw someone from Germany with one and would like to know a little more about it before adding it.

Phil

#565 labels OFFLINE  

labels

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:38 AM

The 1986 Atari Corp was for sale by a guy in France, the 1983 one was from a guy in Germany.  I assume this label is only on PAL format games.  Both were from eBay auctions.

It makes sense that an 86 label would be out there considering there is an Atari corp 1986 box on the list.

Edited by labels, Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:44 AM.

#566 labels OFFLINE  

labels

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Wed Apr 1, 2015 1:00 PM

I have two Video Pinball carts that are version K labels, one is cart 3, the other is cart 2

#567 labels OFFLINE  

labels

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Sat Apr 4, 2015 11:03 AM

4T8C8cI.jpg

Galaxian, same as version A but missing the * on the ML

#568 labels OFFLINE  

labels

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:05 PM

Video Pinball Version K Variations:

XJoiBcP.jpg  onldTNA.jpg

Left one: Cart 3, .4cm from bottom of © line text to bottom of label

Right one: Cart 2, .6cm from bottom of © line text to bottom of label

#569 labels OFFLINE  

labels

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:09 PM

1986 E.T. Label Variations:

ujgaSPD.jpg  tTIX35Q.jpg

iQJkyhc.jpg  tKfECxF.jpg

Left: .3cm from bottom of Trademark text to bottom of label

Right: .6cm from bottom of Trademark text to bottom of label

Both Cart 2, EL scans for both

#570 labels OFFLINE  

labels

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:20 PM

1987 Air-Sea Battle new version:

I believe this version o:

jSlrYZg.jpg

6KgNkwu.jpg

This is the same but without the thin light border around the bottom:

8RWlq4p.jpg

v0U8pMt.jpg

Main Difference:

NNWQtbx.jpg

Edited by labels, Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:21 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users