Photo

Giant Label Variation PHOTO Website. Check it out!

540 replies to this topic

#76 David Hasselhoff OFFLINE  

David Hasselhoff

Baywatcher

• 12,873 posts

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:02 PM

CX25152 that is neat!

#77 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:59 AM

CX25152 that is neat!

When did you acquire that scan, Rom?

Phil

#78 Rom Hunter OFFLINE  

Rom Hunter

VCS Games Archivist

• 8,142 posts
  • Obtainer of Rare Antiquities

Posted Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:47 AM

A few days ago.

8)

#79 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:04 AM

Ahhh, means I'll have to update the site. Have you taken a look at the Intellivision section yet? Now have 3 titles up there.

Phil

#80 Rom Hunter OFFLINE  

Rom Hunter

VCS Games Archivist

• 8,142 posts

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:35 AM

Ahhh, means I'll have to update the site. Have you taken a look at the Intellivision section yet? Now have 3 titles up there.

Looks great, Phil (although I'm not an Intellivision fan).

BTW, I'm still looking for better scans of these (these Dodge'Em and Solaris versions are not on your list, btw):
Needed PAL 1983 Realsports Volleyball.jpg
Needed PAL 1986 Dodge \'Em Taped.jpg
Needed PAL 1988 Kangaroo.jpg
Needed PAL 1988 Ms. Pac-Man.jpg
Needed PAL 1988 Solaris.jpg
Needed PAL 1988 Sprint Master.jpg

All PAL.

Anyone?

8)

#81 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• 2,014 posts
  • Atari + R.O.B. = Completed

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:03 AM

Looks great, Phil (although I'm not an Intellivision fan).

BTW, I'm still looking for better scans of these (these Dodge'Em and Solaris versions are not on your list, btw):
Needed PAL 1983 Realsports Volleyball.jpg
Needed PAL 1986 Dodge \'Em Taped.jpg
Needed PAL 1988 Kangaroo.jpg
Needed PAL 1988 Ms. Pac-Man.jpg
Needed PAL 1988 Solaris.jpg
Needed PAL 1988 Sprint Master.jpg

All PAL.

Anyone?

8)

That PAL Solaris looks like my NTSC solaris. Where is the PAL one different?

#82 Rom Hunter OFFLINE  

Rom Hunter

VCS Games Archivist

• 8,142 posts

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:33 PM

Only the format.

8)

#83 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• 2,014 posts

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:10 AM

So you can pretend this is PAL?

Attached Thumbnails

• Atari - SOLARIS.jpg

#84 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:59 PM

I don't say anything about PAL or give it its own entry unless there is something physically different about the cart or label. I explain this at the beginning of the Atari section.

Phil

#85 Rom Hunter OFFLINE  

Rom Hunter

VCS Games Archivist

• 8,142 posts

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 AM

I see.

The taped Dodge'Em should be added, though.

8)

#86 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:09 AM

I see.

8)

There seems to be something wrong here. My images aren't showing up for the 2 1986 main labels. Looks fine in Frontpage. I am at a total loss. I've erased the images from the site, recopied them. Everything looks good when I publish the page, but the 2 images still won't show up. I'm going to leave it broken for now.

Phil

Edited by Philflound, Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:35 AM.

#87 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• 2,014 posts

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:32 PM

I don't say anything about PAL or give it its own entry unless there is something physically different about the cart or label. I explain this at the beginning of the Atari section.

Phil

I was referring to Rom Hunter's post
"BTW, I'm still looking for better scans of these (these Dodge'Em and Solaris versions are not on your list, btw):"
And his Solaris was "PAL Needed"

#88 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:28 PM

Actually I was referring to Rom saying I didn't have Solaris. I'll take a look at this variation and see if I have it on the page. I'm pissed off that Dodge 'Em is not working for me. I put the new pic up with the other black label with writing and both of those pics are coming up broken. With Frontpage, they show up fine. I even erased and reuploaded the photos onto the web site. Funny thing is that I renamed the last red label version to J and that is showing up just fine. I also renamed the end label to adjust it to the correct new version I and that works fine. Can someone tell me if the page has the two broken photos like I'm seeing?

If I can't find a way to fix this, I may be hesitant on changing anything else at this time.

Phil

#89 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• 2,014 posts

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:25 PM

Actually I was referring to Rom saying I didn't have Solaris. I'll take a look at this variation and see if I have it on the page. I'm pissed off that Dodge 'Em is not working for me. I put the new pic up with the other black label with writing and both of those pics are coming up broken. With Frontpage, they show up fine. I even erased and reuploaded the photos onto the web site. Funny thing is that I renamed the last red label version to J and that is showing up just fine. I also renamed the end label to adjust it to the correct new version I and that works fine. Can someone tell me if the page has the two broken photos like I'm seeing?

If I can't find a way to fix this, I may be hesitant on changing anything else at this time.

Phil

1st. this is from my wii...
Version h & version i do not show a main label. All others are ok. I'll check from a pc later.

#90 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:28 PM

It means something happened. I'm going to try and get the images again and give them a different name and see what happens. Will do this tomorrow. I'm working on Astrosmash for the Intellivision at the moment. Just 2 more titles for Intellivision before I catch up to where I had my MS Word document guide. I'll then post it, so everyone can see while I go along and add titles.

Phil

Edited by Philflound, Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:45 PM.

#91 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:50 PM

I got more stuff! A box arrived yesterday, plus I'm getting more boxes, though I'm unsure if there are more Atari games in them. Anyway, I got a lot of M Network games, so I may have more games I didn't have scans for. I did definitely get a Ms. Pac-Man box with the arcade sticker on front that neither I nor Rom has on our sites. I'll be scanning this and sending him a copy real soon.

Phil

#92 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:56 PM

WOOHOO! I'm going through the box of games I got in the mail and there are a ton of M Network cartridge mold variations I don't have on the list. The list will be expanding. M Network is probably the toughest with variations and next to the Atari variations, probably has the most. Rom, any label variations and I'll get a scan for you. Also, Ms. Pac-Man box #1 will be coming your way soon.

Figure with 9 cart variations, "M Network" molded and not molded on top of the cart, black and white labels, and all the various countries these were printed in, you're going to see a lot more.

I may update the list this weekend. I'm still waiting for those other 3 boxes of items, though I had other systems besides Atari coming in these packages.

Phil

#93 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:36 PM

I see.

8)

There seems to be something wrong here. My images aren't showing up for the 2 1986 main labels. Looks fine in Frontpage. I am at a total loss. I've erased the images from the site, recopied them. Everything looks good when I publish the page, but the 2 images still won't show up. I'm going to leave it broken for now.

Phil

Ok, it was something stupid that I still don't understand. It had to do with the JPG being lower case instead of upper case or vice versa. So I renamed the file and changed the capitalization as needed and now it works. So the tapes Dodge'Em is up. I also added the Ms. Pac-Man sticker box too.

Phil

#94 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• 2,014 posts

Posted Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 AM

I see.

8)

Phil

Ok, it was something stupid that I still don't understand. It had to do with the JPG being lower case instead of upper case or vice versa. So I renamed the file and changed the capitalization as needed and now it works. So the tapes Dodge'Em is up. I also added the Ms. Pac-Man sticker box too.

Phil

Yeah, I think that is a unix thing that web servers get picky about! I've seen that affect stuff at work, and it is still not one of the things that I check instinctively.
Glad to see all the "tapes" work!

#95 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:04 PM

By "tapes" I meant the black tape on the labels of the later years, not using the word tapes for cartridges. These were the two scans that were broken. I was tired and have been spending long hours working on the lists. Especially with all the Intellivision mold variations I'm discovering. Just the "insert to this line" explanation and putting it up on the site with arrows and such took an hour last night.

I promise to get Coleco done for the 2600 by the end of this weekend. I would like to get the 2600 part of the site done so I can dedicate all my time to the Intellivision. Though I'm having lots of "fun" with the INTV guide, it's tough to break away.

Still waiting for those 3 boxes in the mail still. Also, with the new foreign games I won, I may be providing ROM with more scans if he needs them.

What made me figure out the JPG extension fix was that I was looking at the files on the host web and saw that some were capital and some were not, so I took a stab at it.

Phil

#96 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• 2,014 posts

Posted Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:19 PM

By "tapes" I meant the black tape on the labels of the later years, not using the word tapes for cartridges.

I got it... I just couldn't resist a tapes comment on Atari carts, even if it didn't directly apply.
I have a handfull of intellivision carts. It will be fun to compare!

#97 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:37 PM

The fun begins! 2 of the 3 boxes arrived today that I was expecting from last week. These are not the foreign games. Anyway, there are over 200 more cartridges in these boxes. I was happy to actually have gotten a rare game that I needed for my collection that I didn't know was in there. I have a lot of work to do since I need to get through the games quickly and then decide what to do with them.

Phil

#98 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:47 PM

Talk about the subtlest of differences. I just made a small purchase of 3 boxed games for the 2600. One of these was Superman. Every time I make a purchase, I do a comparison with what is in my personal collection. This of course is to upgrade to better quality items. Anyway, I was comparing my Superman box with the one I just got. My copy is slightly better, but then I noticed something. The tiny tab flaps on the top and bottom were different. My copy has solid red tab flaps on both top and bottom. The one I got today were mostly white with a little red. Even the Rev 1 info was exactly the same. So I began to scrutinize like I always do and noticed something. The white tab flaps has one difference that I've found so far. On the back where it says "Use your Joystick Controllers with this Game ProgramTM." has a . at the end of the sentence, where my copy does not have the period. Also, above the warranty box where it says A Warner Communications Company, the "o" in Company looks like a figure 8 for some reason. I'm going to examine both boxes very carefully to see if there are other differences. I'm actually going to put this down as a variation since there were more than just the color of the flaps as a variation. If it had only been the flap color, I would've put a little note under the entry that this variation has been found with both red and white flaps. I will update this post if I find any other differences in the boxes, but I'm headed out the door.

Phil

(EDIT) The figure 8 thing seems to be a printing error, but I discovered something that I never looked for before on any other game. These are both the special edition versions that I have listed as Box version 3. I've discovered these boxes were printed by two different companies. The white tab one is from 1979 and was printed by a company called Bertco Graphics. The red flap is from 1981 and was printed by Aopak in San Francisco. I wonder why the dropping of the period in that sentence though. I'm about to do some box comparisons and see is any other game has more than one company printing the same Rev of a box. If anyone has info on this, let me know which game and what version.

Edited by Philflound, Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:55 PM.

#99 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:10 PM

I have not abandoned this. It's been awhile since I've been on here and even awhile since I worked on the site. I finally got my vintage tv with the vertical hold hooked up and dug out an Atari 7800 unit. I bought a few collections of boxed games and like always, scrutinize through every thing I have. I've updated some manuals, adding a couple, or putting the size of ones I now have in my possession, or adding rev numbers. Nothing new with the cartridges, at least for now.

What I did find:

I scanned the orange Warlords box. I think this is a rare piece and should sell high. Though I'm considering keeping it. It does have a tear in it, which hurts the desire to keep it.

I found out that Night Driver has a white warranty boxed version. That is scanned and now up on the site.

I mentioned in the last post about Bertco and Aopak being companies that printed the boxes and having a variation with the Superman. Superman had the period variation with the 2 companies besides the company who printed it. I received Adventure boxed in one of the buys. I'm finding it hard to come across the box for Adventure. Actually I don't even have too many copies of the game in my inventory. But the box is definitely harder to come by. My personal copy and the new box are identical except for... you guessed it, Bertco and Aopak little flaps. The tiny flaps have some color differences, but I could not find any other printing differences. If anyone can come up with something, I'd appreciate it. What I may try and do is go through my boxes again and see if other titles have the Bertco/Aopak variation. I'm going to write a small paragraph about it at the beginning of the document. At least so people can be aware of these different companies and may help finding new games with the difference.

I got an open copy of Yars' Revenge. Actually I have a couple and need to look at the other in inventory. The new box I got (with the comic) has Rev 3 on it. My personal copy is sealed, so I can't check it. I'll check the other in my inventory to see if it has a Rev on the flap. But that should tell me there is at least a Rev 1 and Rev 2 with the comic book. Especially since I believe this was the first release. Again, if anyone has a Rev 1 or Rev 2, please compare it with the one on the site listed now as Rev 3 and scan the front and back of the box for me.

I may have added a few other minor little things. The document of the list is not updated yet since I'm going through all the hundreds of games I got in the past year.

Speaking of that, I'll be clearing out some inventory of loose games. Nothing fancy. Games will be guaranteed to work, and for the most part will have full labels. Labels may not be in great shape, but I'll be offering these for the people who want to play the games. It'll take me probably a good month or so, but when I'm ready, I'll post in the marketplace all games will be 50 cents to $1. I'll repost here too when I'm ready.

Thanks and I'll be updating the site further soon. I was on Coleco, so we'll take it from there. I never finished the Intellivision section with Bomb Squad, and will probably get going on that again in a month.

Phil

Edited by Philflound, Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:12 PM.

#100 Philflound OFFLINE  

Philflound

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,401 posts

Posted Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:57 PM

While going through the last few boxes of games I have acquired recently, I discovered like the Night Driver, a Super Breakout box variation with the white warranty box on the back. I'm in the process of putting it up on the site right now and it should be done withing 10 minutes of this posting. I'm hoping to acquire some more boxed games next week if all goes well and hopefully will find more variations.

Phil

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users