IGNORED

Virus on my ST!!!

Gunstar

Yes, I've got a Virus on my ST...at least when I load it up, and it's Awsome!!! I'm refering to the game 'Virus' though... :D I got this game and have been playing it for a while now, the control is with a mouse and it is difficult, but it's very fun to learn! I'm getting the hang of it, but I haven't actually finished any levels yet, or even killed any enemies, but it's been fun just cruising around and crashing into stuff! It's kind of like a modern 'lunar lander' type game in 3D with really cool polygon graphics (considering the age of the game). I remember reading a review about this game eons ago in an Atari magazine, wishing i could pllay it, but alas, I only had an 8-bit back then. Now that I've got my 1040, I'm loving finally being able to try this game. A warning to you though if you don't have patience learning controls, this game is not for you. I personally think half the fun is just learning to fly the ship! I'll worry about actually accomplishing anything later... 8)

Speaking of St polygon games, what are some other good ones...I know about Damcles-the sequel to Mercenary on the 8-bit/ST, but As I recall, there were some others decent polygon games, I just don't remember what they are called... :?

I really enjoyed "Let Sleeping Gods Lie". A weird mix of polygons and sprites. And how about Falcon!? A great flight sim, too bad I am hopeless at flying it though :D.

What was "Skies of Arcadia" about? The name seems familiar, but I can't quite remember the game.

And yes Inky, you are the only person who liked ST Hard Drivin :)

• 2 weeks later...
I enjoyed HD also - Star Glider was awesome with the speech and music :)

Falcon was also good - I spent plenty of time fly the 'friendly' skies back then.

Ohh.. I forgot about Falcon. It's the only game I kept when I got rid of one of my two ST's..

Falcon kicks butt!

• 1 month later...

Yeah it was, very nicely done graphics. It had you flying around in a 3D representation of the security system, to help your girlfriend infiltrate the head quarters of the company that has got some nasty dreams stored in it's computers, that you want to get rid of (or something). Think they were putting evil messages in the dreams they were selling...

anywho.. a damn fine game, (once you got into it)...