IGNORED

HSC Season 6 Week 46: Mouse Trap

Ze_ro

That was fun! Whats next weeks game?

I flipped it and here are the pics!!!

post-7961-1248211857_thumb.jpgpost-7961-1248211869_thumb.jpg

Also. I since this is the 1st HSC that I flipped... I documented it with a pic of the hardware and controller I used as well.

post-7961-1248211882_thumb.jpgpost-7961-1248211892_thumb.jpg

Now for a tip from me, and the best tip I could give is the best controller to use in most games because I usually try until I find the one that seemingly works best on games that require timing or sharp moves and the best controller was this NES modded 7800 controller that I have pictured below. I assume the 7800 Euro Pad would do as well and more people have one of them or the Gemeni controllers work nice too.

It worked beautifully and Deteachers Tip really helped as well so thanks man!

The 2nd best Controller I used was the gemeni as the button on that did what you wanted as well and I had no mis hits with that one either. Every 2600 controller I used was mis-hitting giving me dogs when I wanted to change layouts and sometimes just wasting dogs in bunches. These 2 controllers worked perfect for me. I only switched to the NES mod I had because I seen it out of the corner of my eye hiding on me between screens and was looking for it before I tried the gemeni so when I got about 4 Gs and died, I tried the NES next game and then flipped it.

Anyhow, have fun.

PS> I almost forgot... after I flipped it and got to 6 I stopped and went to pause it on my 7800 with the pause button that is on the actual 7800 system (not the controller pause button, I tried & that did nothing) ...weird thing happened as the screen turned black but it did not pause. It is playable like this, kinda like a Maze Craze game with the maze blacked out on certain levels. Thought it was neat and plan on picking my game up in a little bit to see how high I can get with the blackout though I almost needlessly killed one mouse while messing with it and trying to get it back to normal when I realized this makes the game more challenging after you flip it! ;)

Cheers

........Flash.........................................................NO Flash

post-7961-1248211914_thumb.jpgpost-7961-1248212225_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phantom

Here's my tip, which is kind of a "pattern" of sorts:

When the new board comes up, it always comes up with the center area closed off. As the happy little tune plays, I hold down the fire button, which opens up the doors to the center area. When the action starts, I immediately clear the center area. Usually, one of the cats will follow me to the center. Just as I'm finishing up the 6 cheese bits in that area and am leaving, I hold the fire button in, closing the doors to the center and (usually) trapping one of the cats. Then, I only have 2 cats to deal with. Sometimes, I luck out and trap 2 cats in there. Then it's just a matter of using the dog bones to help clear the board with only 1 or 2 cats to deal with.

Wash, rinse, repeat. :)

Good point. I was to have another tip, which would have been able to help you calculate how many levels it would take to get to a certain high score. Unfortunatly, i'm in scotland, with no atari :-(.

Here's my tip, which is kind of a "pattern" of sorts:

When the new board comes up, it always comes up with the center area closed off. As the happy little tune plays, I hold down the fire button, which opens up the doors to the center area. When the action starts, I immediately clear the center area. Usually, one of the cats will follow me to the center. Just as I'm finishing up the 6 cheese bits in that area and am leaving, I hold the fire button in, closing the doors to the center and (usually) trapping one of the cats. Then, I only have 2 cats to deal with. Sometimes, I luck out and trap 2 cats in there. Then it's just a matter of using the dog bones to help clear the board with only 1 or 2 cats to deal with.

Wash, rinse, repeat. :)

Good point. I was to have another tip, which would have been able to help you calculate how many levels it would take to get to a certain high score. Unfortunatly, i'm in scotland, with no atari :-(.