Photo

Updated pics of my "store"

8 replies to this topic

#1 Waterborn OFFLINE  

Waterborn

Dragonstomper

• 721 posts

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:18 PM

First, it was nice to meet AJ in person today. Thanks for stopping by!

I finally got around to taking some updated pics of the shop. Check it out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And we also got in a Virtual Boy today - first one I have ever seen in person

Posted Image

I will be in the shop for most of the day tomorrow after noon, so stop by if you are in the area of Reading.

#2 nathanallan OFFLINE  

nathanallan

Quadrunner

• 5,595 posts

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:48 PM

Wow, you're growing my orders of magnitude!! I'll have to take pics of mine tomorrow. Nice LOT of stuff there!! We have a VB but missing the tripod :( Looking for one now. Nice place!!

#3 AJ_Maine_Man OFFLINE  

AJ_Maine_Man

Chopper Commander

• 190 posts

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 PM

It was nice meeting you too Dane,

The store looked fantastic and I will be back for sure, there was so much more stuff in there since the last time I visited.

AJ

#4 nathanallan OFFLINE  

nathanallan

Quadrunner

• 5,595 posts

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:16 PM

Question: How much is a stock or equivalent SNES power supply??

Edited by nathanallan, Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:17 PM.

#5 jboypacman OFFLINE  

jboypacman

Quadrunner

• 5,202 posts

Posted Sat Aug 1, 2009 6:19 AM

Dang Dane your store is looking awesome! I wish you were in my area now as we need more classic game shops. :)

#6 Waterborn OFFLINE  

Waterborn

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 721 posts

Posted Sat Aug 1, 2009 8:01 AM

Question: How much is a stock or equivalent SNES power supply??

$10 for the standard PS and $7 for a generic (both NIB), though we can work a bit with "friends". What do you charge at your place Nathan?

#7 nathanallan OFFLINE  

nathanallan

Quadrunner

• 5,595 posts

Posted Sat Aug 1, 2009 9:48 AM

I don't have any of the generics, but I charge $8 for a used original, or $7 for an equivalent or custom one (cord from dead one on a suitable power supply, I fix them, too). Huge difference in the local economy from there to here; a friend of mine had to go to the NE USA lately and he said that there's LOTS of hardware around (unlike here) and prices were higher. Huge difference.

Hopefully today I'll be able to get some pics up of my place for a different thread. I do buddy prices, too :)

As far as I can tell, we're the only store in the city doing any kind of classic gaming. Nobody wants to touch it, it's all new stuff, nothing older than NGC. Do you do computers as well??

It's funny, so far I've had a typewriter in for service (basic cleanup and reseat the spacebar) from the '60's, and one lady got mad that I wasn't gonna fix her AC for her (no tools or cert for that, lol). But I do have a really cool CRT TV set in, it has all kinds of inputs on it like PAL, CGA (I think) and a bunch of others like a security monitor, but it's a 21"! I seem to get to fix a bunch of stuff.

Edited by nathanallan, Sat Aug 1, 2009 9:52 AM.

#8 Waterborn OFFLINE  

Waterborn

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 721 posts

Posted Sat Aug 1, 2009 10:04 AM

I only do basic repairs on gaming consoles right now. We have seen one Atari 800 computer come in so far (I took that for my collection :D ). There are definitely several shops in the Boston/NH/RI area that cater to classic games, but most of them are pretty much unaware of the concept of customer service. There are a few exceptions (like Game Universe in Framingham and The Time Capsule in Providence), but they are far enough from us that I am not that worried about them snagging customers from us.

#9 Joeyray OFFLINE  

Joeyray

Star Raider

• 75 posts

Posted Tue Aug 4, 2009 11:29 AM

The store is coming along nice! It looks great since I last stopped by. I will poke my head again one of these upcoming Saturdays. -JR

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users