IGNORED

Evolution: Dino Dudes - JAGUAR HSC - August '09 - JeremiahJt_770,180

kevincal

My first high score: 470,850.

Atardi,

On level 51 start by stacking your guys to the left to get the spear. Once you have the spear send your guys across the chasm to the right and stack them so you can get to the captured dude. Drop one guy down to release the captive and to throw the torch back up so another one of your guys can get it. Then jump all your guys back across the chasm and send them down to the left. There is a rope behind a bush on a platform. After getting the rope have all your guys jump back across the chasm and use the rope to get out the two stranded dino dudes. Once they are free jump everybody back across the chasm and use the rope to get all of your guys to where the rope was laying. When you get all your guys there send one to kill the enemy and then start stacking to get the end point. You should have the exact amount of men needed to get up to the platform.

Atardi, did you get that score by just getting to level 51? I'm usually only around 380,000 after level 50.

My new score: 546,420.

No. After level 51 but i've spent 5 hours playing game in order to obtain this score (536 620) .

#jeremiahjt : new score : 546'420# :ponder: ( Can i have a photo of your score :?: ) .

Edited by Atardi

Atardi, did you get that score by just getting to level 51? I'm usually only around 380,000 after level 50.

My new score: 546,420.

No. After level 51 but i've spent 5 hours playing game in order to obtain this score (536 620) .

#jeremiahjt : new score : 546'420# :ponder: ( Can i have a photo of your score :?: ) .

Sure, I took pictures of all my scores. Now all I need to do is figure out how to post a picture.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My high score: 770,180.

Wow! great score Jeremiah! That's really cool! When ever I put in a game, my main priority is to have fun playing it and hopefull beat the game! -looks like your doing that or getting very close now. ;) This is very encouraging to me, you have went far in this rather different and tough game - that makes me want to try harder to do well in it - although my score is not worth posting yet, I hope to get better.

I suck at this game!

Yeah, I kinda do too, but you know what the say: Practice makes perfect!

Ya, I don't have the patience for it. The first few levels are fun, but this game gets tough in a hurry!

Yes, yes, I know how you feel, it is tough and can be tedious also. It's just a change of pace from the many action games on the Jag, is all. I am used to more action also. But this is just an original release 1993 Jaguar game that's a puzzler -like so many of the releases in the Jag scene the past few years. It requires a different thinking, just settle down, relax and try not to waste your cavemen. Enjoy it for what it is. You can always press option and restart the level at any time to do it better and it keeps your points from the previous levels.

I have scoured the net for reviews of this game as I enjoy reading positive or negative reviews on a game I am playing, their entertaining reading. Of course I never ever, even think about judging a game based on them, I only care about how I feel about a game, but I still enjoy reading about people's perspective on it and I try to pick up information or insights in the reviews that can encourage and help me.

With the Dino Dudes, there wasn't a lot out there, but I plugged in: "The Humans" on the Amiga, SNES, Genesis, PC etc. and got a lot of reviews. The First Humans game(1992) by Mirage/Imagitec for the Amiga is basically the exact same game on all 80 levels as Dino Dudes minus some animations I think.

Here is a quote from one of the reviews(and most all reviews were favorable scoring between 71%-89%):

"Humans is a hell of a lot of fun to play, even if most levels require repeated endeavour to crack them. With each level made up of a number of screens, it is never immediately apparent what you are supposed to do or where you are supposed to go. Because of it's similarity with Lemmings, the game will probably be slagged off by a number of magazines, but that's being incredibly short-sighted as the gameplay is decidedly different and very challenging. The incidental humour and brilliant animation only add to what is already an above-average game, and I heartily recommend Humans to anyone who enjoys a challenge."

My high score: 770,180.

Wow! great score Jeremiah! That's really cool! When ever I put in a game, my main priority is to have fun playing it and hopefull beat the game! -looks like your doing that or getting very close now. ;) This is very encouraging to me, you have went far in this rather different and tough game - that makes me want to try harder to do well in it - although my score is not worth posting yet, I hope to get better.

That last score is after completing all 80 levels. I can't imagine someone getting much better than that one. Even if I replayed it and did every level as quick as I possibly could I don't think I could get much more than 800,000.

Edited by jeremiahjt

Wow! you completed all 80 levels! - that's really cool man!- you have won! :cool: You figured out how to complete all the 80 levels!

Could you answer a few questions;

What is the most challenging thing about the toughest levels in the game:

Is it that they are just very tightly timed and you have to excute all the moves without making mistakes?

Or is the toughest thing just trying to figure out what the hell your supposed to do as your goal?

Or is the hardest thing trying to figure out a way to get to your goal for each level after you realize what you have to do.

I guess I'm asking about the puzzle aspects of the game.

Also, I've only seen the "Failed to evolve" animation with the convertible sports car are there other animations in the game? How is the ending?

I am not trying to beat your score or get a big score I just want to be able to complete a level in the time given. I'm not concerned really with doing it fast to get more points just finishing somehow. Hehe!, I am only on level 7 :P and playing on the easy setting.

Edited by ovalbugmann