IGNORED

Worst game on 7800..

Armonigann

Hello atariageians!! I was playing Impossible Mission today and realized, Damn this game sucks!! (IMO of course) Yeah, i'm not that great at it, but I do understand the game and the story line of the game is pretty cool I guess. The game play and constant robot noises are just unbearable to even continue playing for more than 10 minutes.On top of that, from my understanding , the mission is truley impossible because some bug in the game. WTF!! The graphics on the game are quit good for the 7800 of course but thats pretty much it. I love the 7800 just as much as the next Atari head but this game blows donkey ?*%#!! Well, fellow atari friends I guess what im ranting about is I beleive Impossible Mission is probably one of the worst games on the 7800 IMO and was wondering what you guys think about the game to see if maybe it really is a bad game or I just don't see eye to eye with it. What do you think is the worst game on 7800 (if any) and of course...why?? I hope this topic is'nt too touchy to some. Thanks Guys, and happy game plays.

The only thing that sucks about Impossible Mission is that it's well... actually... IMPOSSIBLE. Due to a glitch in the code you'll never finish the game. That aside it's a good version of the title. I remember Water Ski being quite underwhelming, but I'll have to fire it up again now just to be sure.

I loathe Double Dragon on this system, simply because it is not possible to play with the prolines.

Sure it is. I've beaten it many times with the Prolines.

I guess it's easy to bash Karateka, but there was one time when I played through it pretty far and it was fun. Got farther in that than I did with Touchdown Football or Realsports Baseball. I think the controls ruin both of those two games.

Choplifter isn't too horrible, .......The tanks need to be about half the size.

Tempest

So do those "Drone Air Mines" They're the size a zeppelin compared to all the other versions. It's almost impossible to avoid a collision unless you creep across the screen, stopping constantly.

Impossible is fun if it is the UK working version (Possible Mission).

AX

Actually, Possible Mission is NTSC. :)

http://www.atari7800.org/bin/a7800/Impossi...issionfixed.zip

I just took the working UK version, and added back in the NTSC colors and screen dimensions.

-John

There you go OP :), that's what I was talking about! - now... if you hopefully just have a way to load it up?, I know I don't have a CC2 or know of another? 7800 loading solution(any ideas anybody?), and I assume the SC is out because the file is bigger than 2K, I'm sure. :)

Choplifter. Too damn hard.

Dark Chambers. Beautiful game, but boring. The characters all move and attack in the same manner. Yawn.

Centipede. No, it's not BAD, but why is the 5200 version so much more like the arcade version?

Good Games: Joust, Dig Dug, Asteroids, Xevious, Robotron: 2084 (although I prefer the 5200 version), Ms. Pac-Man (again, in some ways, I prefer the 5200 version), Tower Toppler, Desert Falcon.

Mind you, I have a fairly small 7800 collection -- and the rate PacManPlus et al are going, I'll have more hacks and homebrews than actual official games. :)...but here's my take...

Tower Toppler -- I had this on the C64 and the Amiga...enjoyed 'em both...but the 7800?? Can't even get past one tower - seriously, they made the 7800 version impossibly hard.

Mario Brothers -- the movement is slow, and the response sucks...much prefer the 2600 version...