IGNORED

Atari 2600 Portable (in a Lynx)

EricDeLee

/ I´m not sure I like the idea of DOWNgrading a Lynx...

Easy... the Lynx is a 6502, which is really not all that much better than the 2600 in one aspect. Besides, the "Lynx" game selection increased by about 600 games. :)

How awsome! You must be a genius, honestly, I could'ent come up with anything nearly as awsome as that. Seriously EricDeLee, you are a legend.

far from a genius. lol

it took a while to do... and i am still working on a battery solution. but thank you for the comments. this was a trial run... the second one should be really cool

• 5 years later...

Easy... the Lynx is a 6502, which is really not all that much better than the 2600 in one aspect. Besides, the "Lynx" game selection increased by about 600 games. icon_smile.gif

i was thinking,howabout an interface adaptor for the lynx to play atari 2600 games on it,both cpu's are the same type,however the inperfacer should emulate the graphics and sound engine and/or renders it as a stream data for audio and video,also the interfacer should first copy the atari 2600 game to it's own internal ram to eventualy compress it,and then load the rom,now the interfacer should still be able to allow the lynx communicate with the atari 2600 game constandly for stuff like bank switching or saving data etc,, once needed,trough the interfacer will also need it's encryption bootrom code during setup,,hopefull playing atari 2600 games on the lynx become possible,

It don't think it's possible. The 2600 video is completely different than the Lynx, not to mention the memory mapped cartridges (forget banked cartridges altogether!) Most 2600 "adapters" of the time (Atari 5200, Coleco) were just Atari 2600s in a small shell that passed audio and video straight through into the main unit.

Edited by Shawn Jefferson