IGNORED

Get Ready - Forum Upgrade Imminent! Pictures included..

Albert

Growl! I'm nearly always at the end of my message limit because archiving images and attachments doesn't happen without me manually stitching it back together on my hard drive. The joys of working in teams homebrewing :lol:. Any chance developers can have bigger PM boxes? ;) :D :ponder:

Well, one advantage of the new PM system is that each "conversation" only counts as one message in your Inbox, regardless of how many actual messages that conversation consists of. This won't help with existing messages that are converted over, since they are all individual "conversations", but it will help with any new conversations you start.

..Al

Will we lose any PM attachments? I remember you weren't sure about that before.

After some research I discovered that PM attachments were not being properly converted. This is a known issue in Invision's bug database. I have spent a few hours today fixing the issue myself and have updated the PM conversion script so attachments are properly brought over. There are about 250,000 personal messages in the system and nearly 8,000 PM attachments.. :ponder:

..Al

AA has been slow for me today, and in the past hour or so, it has been down a for a few minutes a couple of times, is this because the new software is being installed?

I was running a script on the test forum that really started bogging everything down. I had to nuke it.

..Al

Al, is there a "My Posts" button? It seems I could never find it in the test forum.

Nope, no "My Posts" link. That's something I added to the current forum. It's on my list to add to the new forum software if someone else hasn't already created such a mod.

..Al

+1

Yes, this is a very useful feature, and I use it quite a bit each day.

--Selgus

Oh, just out of curiosity--is anyone here still using IE6? If so, you may want to upgrade soon.. :ponder:

..Al

I am too. I don't like 7 or 8. Is it not going to work with the new forum?

Could use Firefox when accessing AA...

Al, like the update pics! ;)

Oh, just out of curiosity--is anyone here still using IE6? If so, you may want to upgrade soon.. :ponder:

..Al

You're more than welcome to try, but I bet it's going to look asstastical. ;)

http://atariage.org/narn/forums/

IE6 is ancient. IE6 is a huge security hole on your computer. IE6 is not even close to supporting current web standards. Please at least try Firefox, Opera, Safari, or something else a bit more modern. :)

..Al

The lock icon represents a conversation that you can no longer respond to because all the other participants have left. The guy sitting on his ass (this graphic is from Outlaw) is a conversation without any new messages. If someone sends you a new message, you'll see an orange icon with the gunslinger standing upright. :)

..Al

..Al

You're more than welcome to try, but I bet it's going to look asstastical. ;)

http://atariage.org/narn/forums/

IE6 is ancient. IE6 is a huge security hole on your computer. IE6 is not even close to supporting current web standards. Please at least try Firefox, Opera, Safari, or something else a bit more modern. :)

..Al

Awwwww...crap! Strange...I haven't had a problem with any websites yet.

I'm afraid to look through the server logs to see just how many people are still using IE6. :) Seriously, any website using sufficiently modern web standards has to bend over backwards to try and support IE6. The developers of this forum software decided to draw the line with IE6, given how old it is and how much of a pain in the ass it is to try and support it. I do believe it will work, but it most likely won't look very pretty in the process. I don't think I have a copy of IE6 handy, although I do have a Windows 2000 virtual machine that probably has it installed.

Well, just logged into the test forum with IE6 and everything seems to work for the most part. There are lots of visual things broken (IE6 doesn't support transparent PNG images, for instance), but it is usable. It's likely that people will develop IE6-compatible skins, and I do plan on installing several additional skins once things get rolling..

..Al

I'm afraid to look through the server logs to see just how many people are still using IE6. :) Seriously, any website using sufficiently modern web standards has to bend over backwards to try and support IE6. The developers of this forum software decided to draw the line with IE6, given how old it is and how much of a pain in the ass it is to try and support it. I do believe it will work, but it most likely won't look very pretty in the process. I don't think I have a copy of IE6 handy, although I do have a Windows 2000 virtual machine that probably has it installed.

Well, just logged into the test forum with IE6 and everything seems to work for the most part. There are lots of visual things broken (IE6 doesn't support transparent PNG images, for instance), but it is usable. It's likely that people will develop IE6-compatible skins, and I do plan on installing several additional skins once things get rolling..

..Al

Thanks Al. I guess if it looks too hideous I may have to consider upgrading. I guess I'm just a retro guy all-around! ;)