IGNORED

FS: Fairchild System (Channel F) Multi-Cart, pre-order now.

e5frog

Order placed for my second stint with a Channel F.

I foolishly sold my last one a couple of years ago and am now in the process of buying it all back !

If you ever decide to have another Pac-Man run let me know as I would love that cart as well as the multi-cart.

• 2 weeks later...

after a long time of lurking (and buying flash/multi carts from people here) i finally signed up so it's only fair that i post my thanks to e5frog for his excellent multi cart (and superb pacman game), took a while to get finished but it was well worth the wait, everything was perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Find a few more buyers or buy 5-6 at the same time. ;-)

It's usually about $130-140.
I might start a proper batch by the end of August if there's enough interest, I usually rely on pre-paid orders to order parts for a full batch.

Currently have three carts in the works but have been missing solvent to remove labels - the brand changed owners and there hasn't been any in the shops for a long time now, I wrote to the CEO and complained. On vacation right now, I hope they have solved the delivery problems until I'm back.

I might be busy with the U17 PLAnkton for a while (C64 PLA replacement) though, it's a bit more popular than expected.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I should start a thread and ask for interest in a new Pac-Man release and throw some figures out there, 1 order price, 2 orders etc etc.
If using the Multi-Cart PCB I could order a set of Multi-Carts at the same time perhaps. Pac-Man cart could even be a full Multi-Cart in Pac-Man "clothes", reset it with no buttons held and it would start as Pac-Man.

• Like 2

I'm not totally opposed to that. Pac man is a huge reason why I'm picking up the multi cart.

Maybe I should start a thread and ask for interest in a new Pac-Man release and throw some figures out there, 1 order price, 2 orders etc etc.

If using the Multi-Cart PCB I could order a set of Multi-Carts at the same time perhaps. Pac-Man cart could even be a full Multi-Cart in Pac-Man "clothes", reset it with no buttons held and it would start as Pac-Man.

Edited by Atari the Jedi

Yes, a few Pac-Man multi-cart edition maybe. I'll check the price of boxes again... need to have new boxes for the Multi anyway so at least I could save on postage. ;-)

I already paid for a "standard" multi cart, but if there would be a multicart "Pac Man edition" or something like that, I would be really interested to get that one instead if possible. :grin:

• Like 1

I checked the prices, apart from all the work with going back to printing labels and manually put plastic and gluing all of them the added cost of making custom boxes is going to add $30-$40 per cartridge. If I get over 20 of such carts sold I'd start getting an increased profit, anything less and it's a loss compared to selling a plain Multi-Cart.

All you three waiting, I'm ready to make labels, if you add $30 I can get a three set test print for you, that will cover the cost of the print. Making labels won't really cost more than $5 in materials but it takes maybe an hour per cart to fabricate.

Still interesting?

I checked the prices, apart from all the work with going back to printing labels and manually put plastic and gluing all of them the added cost of making custom boxes is going to add $30-$40 per cartridge. If I get over 20 of such carts sold I'd start getting an increased profit, anything less and it's a loss compared to selling a plain Multi-Cart.

All you three waiting, I'm ready to make labels, if you add $30 I can get a three set test print for you, that will cover the cost of the print. Making labels won't really cost more than $5 in materials but it takes maybe an hour per cart to fabricate.

Still interesting?

Thanks for taking a look into this, I really appreciate it, but that´s getting too expensive for my taste now, I already paid 130 USD for the cart + 17 USD for registered shipping, making it already the most expensive multicart I ever bought. ;)

I´ll take the standard multicart then, but thanks for the offer. :thumbsup:

What is the cost of the cartidge both with/withou labels?

Also, can some tell a noob what is pac man? Just a pac man clone or something? Why is it so popular?

Don't have a price on a cart without labels.

I could in theory sell just the PCB, calculating all costs and spread them out over a batch it's still expensive but acceptable by a lot of people, saving on anything I could maybe deduct cost of materials and the work saved but still need to spread all costs or the normal ones would need to be more expensive. So $100 for a bare circuit board or $130 for the full set, which seems more attractive? ;-)

I hope you know Pac-Man as a game?

Me and a guy called Tim Ryan ported Pac-Man to System Fairchild (mostly Tim to be honest), also sold a few carts:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/137442-pac-man-for-fairchild-channel-f-make-a-pre-order-here/?&fromsearch=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFSjEp1tQU

It's on the Multi-Cart as well.

I am interested in a multi-cart.

From reviewing the last few threads, there doesn't appear to be many people in the waiting list.

I can wait longer, and, well, I've waited all these years so what's a bit longer?

My console is recently found in my parent's closet, so I need to clean out 30+ years of dust bunnies, and then hope it still works.

At this point do you have any predicted release? The further out it is, then the long I have to save up some spare cash. I also have to save up for the up and coming LTO Flash for the Intellivision.

• Like 1

I too am prepared to pay for a "pacman edition" multicart but if it's going to be too much trouble I can use the regular multi cart it was supposed to have pac man anyways. Come on guys and gals!, let's get some other people to buy a multi cart.I'm the only one in my area who I know has one. Otherwise I would've been hounding my friends to do so a long time ago :-)

Edited by Atari the Jedi