IGNORED

AdamEm Emulator for Windows Vista

ColecoFan1981

hello

I have the impression that you do not know what a source program?

everything you mention contains no source code.

I am a programmer in my spare time is a pity because I tried to recompile the progamme to be compatible at least 32 bits

In the literature it is referred to the source code compiler DJGPP but not software.

Otherwise, I wondered if the emulator blueMSX wrong sooner or later integrated emulation ADAM since the only difference is the size of ROM and controls access to floppy disk or tape?

If I could know what key on a AZERTY keyboard where the character # and * to be nice

hello

I have the impression that you do not know what a source program?

everything you mention contains no source code.

I am a programmer in my spare time is a pity because I tried to recompile the progamme to be compatible at least 32 bits

In the literature it is referred to the source code compiler DJGPP but not software.

Otherwise, I wondered if the emulator blueMSX wrong sooner or later integrated emulation ADAM since the only difference is the size of ROM and controls access to floppy disk or tape?

If I could know what key on a AZERTY keyboard where the character # and * to be nice

Everyone here, that has tried to help you, knows what the "source code" for a program is, unfortunately programmers do not always make the source code for their programs available. Therefore when they stop developing their program, it makes it hard for others to pick-up and continue development... since you are a programmer, I'm sure you understand this dilemna.

If the source code for ADAMem is not available on Marcel de Kogel's website, than unfortunately it was probably never released. Maybe someone has it and will make it available if they see this thread.

The source code for ADAMem SDL by Geoff Oltmans is available on his webpage... it is for v1.1

I think the source code for blueMSX is available, but unfortunately the developers have not had the time to add ADAM emulation. The Coleco emulation is tremendous and the special controllers are said to be next to be implemented.

Also, the source code for M.E.S.S. is readily available and ColecoVision emulation is very good. ADAM emulation is good, but missing a lot and buggy.

And again, the ColecoVision/ADAM Hand Controller Keypad Buttons: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,*,0,# are emulated on the Windows QWERTY Keyboard as: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,-,0,=

In fact all ColecoVision emulators use this key assignment. Now if you are running ADAMem (any version of it... ADAMem, ADAMem SDL or Virtual ADAM), when you boot a ROM, DISK IMAGE or DDP IMAGE the emulator defaults to ADAM Keyboard emulation, so you have to press the "F9" PC Windows Key to switch the emulator into Hand Controller Emulation. If you do not do this, the Hand Controller Keypad will not be functional.

Hope this helps!

Jim

• Like 1

Thank you for your answers.

On emulating some of the paddles or Coleco Adam, this concerns only very few games so for me it is not a priority if these remotes are not included in a first step in an emulator

I understand the difficulty for a programmer to make public the source code of its program, but in the case of ADAMEM that derives no income and has decided to stop them busy

Knowing he will not continue to make development for its software, nor even hold it in light of changing operating systems, it could make public the source code so that another can do the minimum or the recompile it continues to operate sources xp / vista / seven.

I developed in collaboration with the site administrator, a software you can download My link.

Thank you for your answers.

On emulating some of the paddles or Coleco Adam, this concerns only very few games so for me it is not a priority if these remotes are not included in a first step in an emulator

I understand the difficulty for a programmer to make public the source code of its program, but in the case of ADAMEM that derives no income and has decided to stop them busy

Knowing he will not continue to make development for its software, nor even hold it in light of changing operating systems, it could make public the source code so that another can do the minimum or the recompile it continues to operate sources xp / vista / seven.

I developed in collaboration with the site administrator, a software you can download My link.

To follow up on my last post, Geoff Oltmans would have to have the ADAMem v1.0 source code by Marcel de Kogel as he ported this DOS-based emulator to Windows SDL. So check his page for his email address and fire off a request.

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/o/l/oltmansg/adam/active.html

Jim

• 1 month later...

Greetings, programs... Geoff Oltmans checking in.

I just happened to come across this in a google search of Adamem to discover my name as well so I had to have a look.

First, let me say that I'm not dead yet, I'm getting better. :) Likewise, I haven't ceded the port of Adamem/SDL to anybody, although I welcome help with it. It's fair to say that I haven't done much to it lately, but I haven't finished tinkering with it. The last things that I did with the emulator were to add support for center slot expansion roms, powermate IDE hard disk emulation (via IDE code I borrowed from the BlueMSX project), and also some rudimentary MIDIMite support... enough to fake out a program called SEQuel so that it will start up. These days my main project of interest is my 18 month old daughter... she's just a lot more interesting than any ol' computer program. ;) Plus, when the weather is nice outside, most of my programming work outside of actual work comes to a screeching halt. Once the weather turns crappy, I'll probably fire up the compiler again.

I started Adamem/SDL back in 2006 because like some of you folks I was frustrated that the DOS version of Adamem suddenly stopped working in Windows XP after one of multitudes of updates to XP. Never could get it to work except on a fresh XP install after that. Also, I was interested in getting some desktop application experience (I am an embedded programmer by trade), so it seemed like an interesting project. I decided that SDL was probably a better choice than DirectX since it would run on more stuff. After doing the XP port, I bought a MacBook and got interested in trying to get it working there. Within a couple weeks I had the emulator running natively in OS X, albeit with no GUI (all CLI switches worked from the terminal however). I added some GUI functionality to it later on to reset the emulator, load disk/tape/cartridge images and so forth. I also did my own sound driver which interops with the SDL libraries since the sound emulation for the old DOS emulator talked directly to different sound cards rather than through the OS or an abstraction layer. Today, the SDL version will compile (or should, excepting the makefiles are currently busted) on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X (and presumably any other environment where SDL is available... Dale Wick took my code and adapted it to run on a Sony PSP, so it is at least possible with the PSP). Doug Slopsema decided to take the code and try to make it work within Visual C++. I used GCC running in MinGW for my Windows port. I have yet to incorporate Doug's changes which he graciously shared with me to include in the main source for VC++. He also fixed my busted IDE emulation so that you can run hard disk images now.

I am sorry to all those who have been looking for updates to the emulator and haven't been able to find it on the web. There are a couple of reasons for this, not the least of which is my wife and daughter. Aside from them however, I felt like early on the emulator wasn't very usable or "finished" until relatively recently and I really didn't want to release an unfinished product. The driver code isn't very well-documented. I started with the X drivers included with Marcel's source code distribution as a starting point to get to where I am now, so it's a little messy. I always wanted to go clean up my work before wide distribution. Also, I had intended to replace the Blue MSX implementation with my own since I wasn't sure about the licensing for that, but the source and project comments for their code seem to allow for this, so I think I'll leave it in unless otherwise requested not to. Even with it's current bugs right now (or lack of support for some things altogether) I think that it's plenty useable now, and even has some nice features not available in mainline Adamem (see: hard disk emulation). Probably my next order of business will be to finally merge Doug's changes in with mine, fix (or get from Dale) the makefiles so that they work properly, and then build the OS X version and either get Doug or compile myself the Windows version via VC++ (Linux users are on their own to compile it themselves). Then put it out for general consumption on a website somewhere.

I did see the comment at the beginning of the thread about changing the color palette of the VDP. That's an interesting idea. Maybe a user definable color palette would be a welcome feature for inclusion into my OS X gui changes... hmmm...

Greetings, programs... Geoff Oltmans checking in.

I just happened to come across this in a google search of Adamem to discover my name as well so I had to have a look.

First, let me say that I'm not dead yet, I'm getting better. :) Likewise, I haven't ceded the port of Adamem/SDL to anybody, although I welcome help with it. It's fair to say that I haven't done much to it lately, but I haven't finished tinkering with it. The last things that I did with the emulator were to add support for center slot expansion roms, powermate IDE hard disk emulation (via IDE code I borrowed from the BlueMSX project), and also some rudimentary MIDIMite support... enough to fake out a program called SEQuel so that it will start up. These days my main project of interest is my 18 month old daughter... she's just a lot more interesting than any ol' computer program. ;) Plus, when the weather is nice outside, most of my programming work outside of actual work comes to a screeching halt. Once the weather turns crappy, I'll probably fire up the compiler again.

I started Adamem/SDL back in 2006 because like some of you folks I was frustrated that the DOS version of Adamem suddenly stopped working in Windows XP after one of multitudes of updates to XP. Never could get it to work except on a fresh XP install after that. Also, I was interested in getting some desktop application experience (I am an embedded programmer by trade), so it seemed like an interesting project. I decided that SDL was probably a better choice than DirectX since it would run on more stuff. After doing the XP port, I bought a MacBook and got interested in trying to get it working there. Within a couple weeks I had the emulator running natively in OS X, albeit with no GUI (all CLI switches worked from the terminal however). I added some GUI functionality to it later on to reset the emulator, load disk/tape/cartridge images and so forth. I also did my own sound driver which interops with the SDL libraries since the sound emulation for the old DOS emulator talked directly to different sound cards rather than through the OS or an abstraction layer. Today, the SDL version will compile (or should, excepting the makefiles are currently busted) on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X (and presumably any other environment where SDL is available... Dale Wick took my code and adapted it to run on a Sony PSP, so it is at least possible with the PSP). Doug Slopsema decided to take the code and try to make it work within Visual C++. I used GCC running in MinGW for my Windows port. I have yet to incorporate Doug's changes which he graciously shared with me to include in the main source for VC++. He also fixed my busted IDE emulation so that you can run hard disk images now.

I am sorry to all those who have been looking for updates to the emulator and haven't been able to find it on the web. There are a couple of reasons for this, not the least of which is my wife and daughter. Aside from them however, I felt like early on the emulator wasn't very usable or "finished" until relatively recently and I really didn't want to release an unfinished product. The driver code isn't very well-documented. I started with the X drivers included with Marcel's source code distribution as a starting point to get to where I am now, so it's a little messy. I always wanted to go clean up my work before wide distribution. Also, I had intended to replace the Blue MSX implementation with my own since I wasn't sure about the licensing for that, but the source and project comments for their code seem to allow for this, so I think I'll leave it in unless otherwise requested not to. Even with it's current bugs right now (or lack of support for some things altogether) I think that it's plenty useable now, and even has some nice features not available in mainline Adamem (see: hard disk emulation). Probably my next order of business will be to finally merge Doug's changes in with mine, fix (or get from Dale) the makefiles so that they work properly, and then build the OS X version and either get Doug or compile myself the Windows version via VC++ (Linux users are on their own to compile it themselves). Then put it out for general consumption on a website somewhere.

I did see the comment at the beginning of the thread about changing the color palette of the VDP. That's an interesting idea. Maybe a user definable color palette would be a welcome feature for inclusion into my OS X gui changes... hmmm...

Good to hear that you're doing well... and a Daddy, too! They can be a lot of fun, eh?

It may seem mean-spirited of me though to wish that this winter is a long, nasty one that results in you doing a lot of work, especially on the Mac version. But that's just the kind of guy I am! ;)

Great to see you here Geoff and looking forward to any further updates in the future! Keep up the great work.

Since my job entitles working outside everyday, I'm not hoping for a long and nasty winter... but that you are able to find the time needed to further improve ADAMem SDL, eventually. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello

And thank you again for this adaptation work on the emulator ADAMEM.

I turn to you because I do not think much about the syntax of the command keys?

I want to know what to put in the string field to set the keypad of the PC compared to a joystick or the Coleco ADAM

-keys <string> - Alter key mappings

You Can use the "keys" to Get the program

Necessary syntax for your favorite key mapping

for example the ENTER key on the PC will be the * key on the paddle.

Furthermore, I also try to know how to move the game screen in full screen mode

Thanks

bonjour

Et encore merci pour ce travail d'adaptation de l'émulateur ADAMEM.

Je me tourne vers vous car je ne trouve pas grand chose sur la syntaxe de la commande -keys ?

Je cherche à savoir ce qu'il faut mettre dans le champ string pour programmer les touches du clavier du PC par rapport à une manette de jeu de la COLECO ou d'ADAM

-keys <string> - Alter key mappings

You can use the "keys" program to get the

syntax necessary for your favourite key mapping

par exemple la touche ENTER du PC correspondra à la touche * du paddle.

Par ailleurs, je cherche aussi à savoir comment passer l'écran du jeu en mode plein écran.

Merci encore

source code in C ??