"Use Full Editor"-button doesn't work.

29 replies to this topic

#1 e5frog OFFLINE  

e5frog

Dragonstomper

• 533 posts
  • Good.

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:50 PM

I tried to edit a reply of mine and tried the "Use Full Editor"-button but nothing happens, it doesn't seem to be possible to remove an attachment in the other edit mode...

#2 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• 30,669 posts

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:22 PM

Is anyone other than me able to successfully use the "Full Editor" when editing a post?

..Al

#3 chriswhit OFFLINE  

chriswhit

Moonsweeper

• 415 posts

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:00 PM

I tried to edit a reply of mine and tried the "Use Full Editor"-button but nothing happens, it doesn't seem to be possible to remove an attachment in the other edit mode...

Albert said this might work in a post that answered a few of my questions This was a bug in the forum software that has since been fixed. However, your browser may have cached the "broken" Javascript. You will need to clear your browser's cache and/or force a refresh of the page and that should remedy the issue.

#4 Random Terrain ONLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 25,245 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:04 PM

I cleared my cache and hit Ctrl + F5, but it still doesn't work for me using Firefox.

#5 shadow460 OFFLINE  

shadow460

Gunslinger

• 16,574 posts
  • *bink* Good Shot

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:11 PM

I tried and the full editor automatically showed up after clearing the browser cache. That's odd, though, because on this post, the quick edit showed up and the full editor doesn't work. Hmm...

Edited by shadow460, Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:12 PM.

#6 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• 30,669 posts

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:23 PM

I tried and the full editor automatically showed up after clearing the browser cache. That's odd, though, because on this post, the quick edit showed up and the full editor doesn't work. Hmm...

If it goes to the full editor immediately, that means the Javascript is not being processed on the page. If the full-editor button isn't working (and you see the "quick" editor), the Javascript is working, but part of it is broken. :)

Version 3.0.4 of the software should be out in a few days. Invision did fix this issue with this new release, but I already applied the fix here. So I'm at a loss as to why it's not working. What makes it worse is it works absolutely fine for me.

I will investigate this soon--this is a pretty hectic week for me as I have a ton of work I am trying to catch up on.

..Al

#7 e5frog OFFLINE  

e5frog

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 533 posts
  • Good.

Posted Thu Oct 1, 2009 5:19 AM

I restarted Mozilla FF, cleared the cache and reloaded Atariage.com, no difference. "Use Full Editor"-button still does nothing. I'm using Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3.

I tried Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 and it doesn't work there either, it reports an error on the page after pressing the "Use Full Editor"-button.

This is the error, sorry, it's in Swedish but I think the error is probably understandable anyway:

Detaljerad information om felet på webbsidan

Användaragent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; AskTB5.2)
Tidsstämpling: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:16:44 UTC

Meddelande: Object required
Rad: 1105
Tecken: 1
Kod: 0
URI: http://www.atariage....e/1/ipb.lang.js

#8 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• 30,669 posts

Posted Thu Oct 1, 2009 6:42 AM

Thanks for the additional information--going to try it with a few different browsers and see if I can get one of them to fail. If I can, then it should be easier to track down.

..Al

#9 Trooper OFFLINE  

Trooper

Dragonstomper

• 979 posts

Posted Thu Oct 1, 2009 6:55 AM

I've had the same problem using Google Chrome "solved" it by changing to the Lo-Fi version which gave me access to the full editor.

#10 carmel_andrews OFFLINE  

carmel_andrews

Quadrunner

• 13,297 posts

Posted Tue Oct 6, 2009 6:43 PM

Just get 'error on page'...perhaps there's a 'posting' bug when using it for editing first post

#11 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• 30,669 posts

Posted Tue Oct 6, 2009 6:45 PM

Just get 'error on page'...perhaps there's a 'posting' bug when using it for editing first post

Can you give me more details? Which specific post were you trying to edit? What browser are you using? Did you use the quick editor (the one that appears immediately after you click "Edit") or the full editor?

Thanks,

..Al

#12 carmel_andrews OFFLINE  

carmel_andrews

Quadrunner

• 13,297 posts

Posted Tue Oct 6, 2009 7:13 PM

Can you give me more details? Which specific post were you trying to edit? What browser are you using? Did you use the quick editor (the one that appears immediately after you click "Edit") or the full editor?

Thanks,

..Al

A little funny, a the older AA'er .....it should have been A little funny, for the older AA'er

mainly i.e version 8 and FF higher then 3 10...the edit feature has been removed anyway

#13 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Your Imperious Leader

• 23,267 posts

Posted Tue Oct 6, 2009 7:32 PM

Full editor works just fine for me.

Tempest

#14 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• 30,669 posts

Posted Tue Oct 6, 2009 7:33 PM

It works fine for me also. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for some people. I will spend some time investigating soon. A new version of the forum software was released this morning and I will be installing it in a few days.

..Al

#15 gamerz OFFLINE  

gamerz

Stargunner

• 1,338 posts

Posted Tue Oct 6, 2009 7:57 PM

Just to let you know, it doesnt work for me either.

#16 Chickybaby OFFLINE  

Chickybaby

Quadrunner

• 6,156 posts

Posted Tue Oct 6, 2009 8:12 PM

I don't know what happens when a member tries to edit their post after the editing time period is over. Perhaps it was just too late to edit it?
I have to double click everything using IE 7 and it's a real annoyance.

#17 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Sheriff

• 28,396 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Tue Oct 6, 2009 11:04 PM

I don't know what happens when a member tries to edit their post after the editing time period is over. Perhaps it was just too late to edit it?

Quit using Internet Exploder. :P

www.mozilla.org

#18 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• 30,669 posts

Posted Wed Oct 7, 2009 7:33 AM

Quit using Internet Exploder. :P

www.mozilla.org

I agree, but that's still pretty odd. I haven't heard of anyone ever experiencing that particular issue (having to double-click all links). I did look at Invision's bug database last night and couldn't find any mention of this. I have IE7 installed in one of my Windows virtual machines and it seems to work fine in this regard.

..Al

#19 Chickybaby OFFLINE  

Chickybaby

Quadrunner

• 6,156 posts

Posted Wed Oct 7, 2009 9:50 AM

http://www.atariage....-forum-trouble/

Can't use Mozilla/Firefox. Won't run on this version of Vista 64bit or isn't compatible with AOL DSL (that I don't have to monetraily pay for) and crashes everything. I love how people alwasy say to use something else but don't take into consideration that some people can't for whatever reason.

#20 vdub_bobby OFFLINE  

vdub_bobby

Quadrunner

• 5,831 posts
  • Boom bam.

Posted Fri Oct 9, 2009 3:00 PM

Just to let you know, it doesnt work for me either.

Nor me. Full Edit button does nothing. I'm using Firefox 3.something with Windows XP.

#21 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• 30,669 posts

Posted Fri Oct 9, 2009 3:01 PM

I'm going to update the forum software today. If the Full Editor button still doesn't work for people after that, I'll raise holy hell about it.

..Al

#22 vdub_bobby OFFLINE  

vdub_bobby

Quadrunner

• 5,831 posts
  • Boom bam.

Posted Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:24 PM

I'm going to update the forum software today. If the Full Editor button still doesn't work for people after that, I'll raise holy hell about it.

..Al

Works for me now. ;) Thanks!

#23 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• 30,669 posts

Posted Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:47 PM

Good, glad to hear that. Anyone else still having this problem?

..Al

#24 aftermac OFFLINE  

aftermac

River Patroller

• 2,447 posts

Posted Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:52 PM

Good, glad to hear that. Anyone else still having this problem?

..Al

I just tested it on the free games thread in the Marketplace and it works for me! Thanks, Al!

#25 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• 30,669 posts

Posted Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:58 PM

I just tested it on the free games thread in the Marketplace and it works for me! Thanks, Al!

Excellent, thanks. :)

..Al

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users