IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

I bought this a while back and I can vouch for it's excellence (",)

It's hard as nails, but once you get into it, it's good. And of course it looks fantastic!

I second this. Zaku is an amazing game and quite a bit of hard work obviously went into it. Hey, is there a possibility, even a small one, that there is a sequel in the pipeline?

Holy SHIT! This looks wicked, I had no idea that a project like this existed. I have a Lynx and just got myself a copy of Slime World which I actually deeply believe I had a copy of way back in the day when I first had my Lynx, and I'm now bidding on Rygar which also brings back deep memories from when I first had the little machine but this is the first independent title I've seen or heard about for the Lynx. Has anyone played it on here? Is it as good as it looks? God I'm tempted to buy this on my credit card lol. I need to check what the total would be inc p+p in pounds to get one sent to me in the UK. OOOOH the temptation !!

Hi,

I second this. Zaku is an amazing game and quite a bit of hard work obviously went into it. Hey, is there a possibility, even a small one, that there is a sequel in the pipeline?

I've been working on another project since Zaku shipped. But I'm not ready to announce what it is right now.

does someone beat the Penguin that hold the LYnx in his hands?

This boss has a particular damage point on the big console he's holding.

If you still can't find it, this playthrough video may help : Zaku : Level Stage Zone

i know how you feel i have been waiting on backorder for 15 months now my lynx need something new to play :grin:

Do more need to be ordered to get a shipment of these made? If so, I am sure that we could promote it here to make that happen :).

Good question, is there someone who posts here on behalf of the company that did the game? Would be good to hear their opinion, I'd pay for a copy of this straight away

As I said on the previous page, Zaku's manufacturing has been delayed after the release of Star Odyssey. The best thing you can do is email Brandon on the Super Fighter Team homepage and let him know that you're excited about more copies of Zaku. He's been very busy as of late and may not be able to check this topic as frequently.

As I said on the previous page, Zaku's manufacturing has been delayed after the release of Star Odyssey. The best thing you can do is email Brandon on the Super Fighter Team homepage and let him know that you're excited about more copies of Zaku. He's been very busy as of late and may not be able to check this topic as frequently.

thanks for the update, I sent an email via the Super Fighter site but got no reply, no big deal, and thanks for the update, sorry but its kinda hard to read through all the page of threads, specially when there this long!! Anyway thanks and keep up the good work, hopefully if any more copies are planned we will hear about it here? cheers again

Hi,

I've been working on another project since Zaku shipped. But I'm not ready to announce what it is right now.

if the sound of the game you are working on is the same as in your sound-demo you are my hero.

I know that there was a vague update given to many, but now that Star Odyssey is now shipped. Seriously at this point, I am more than happy to order another game, and encourage others to do so. Maybe the little Zaku followers can finally get their game!

I emailed this...hope I get a response. I know that there was a vague update given to many, but now that Star

Star Odyssey has been shipped, and now I bring up the age old question on Zaku.

Several on Atariage are wondering when this will ship. Are you short orders for a production run to be made? How many do you need?

Is there any more info that you can give on a shipment of the back orders?(been six months now for me). I know that I have asked this again, but how long should I expect to wait? I know that Star Odyssey took priority over this, but it would really be nice to have a more clear answer.

Any new info would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Edited by swlovinist

I emailed via the website and actually got a response from Brandon Cobb at Super Fighter, he gave the following response:

Hello, Antony.

Thank you for your interest in Zaku.

> I saw the thread/article at Atari Age about your game for Lynx Zaku,

> and wondered if it is in stock?

>

It is not currently in stock. The first 300 units of Zaku sold through just as our new RPG for the Genesis / Mega Drive, Star Odyssey, went into production. Thus we are waiting for the second set of 300 units of Star Odyssey to be completed by our factory before we can order a second set of Zaku. I apologize for this unfortunate inconvenience.

> I’m very interested in purchasing a copy, is it worth ordering at this

> stage?

>

You're welcome to place a backorder from the www.zaku-lynx.com website, though keep aware that it will be some months yet before the game is back in stock. Alternatively, you're welcome to wait and place your order once the new stock has arrived from the factory. If that is your wish, let me know and I'll personally contact you when that time comes.

Have a nice day.

--

- Brandon Cobb

President, Super Fighter Team

• 2 months later...

It is not currently in stock. The first 300 units of Zaku sold through just as our new RPG for the Genesis / Mega Drive, Star Odyssey, went into production. Thus we are waiting for the second set of 300 units of Star Odyssey to be completed by our factory before we can order a second set of Zaku. I apologize for this unfortunate inconvenience.

Order a copy of Zaku about a year ago. I emailed him a month or two ago and pretty much got the same reply. But my copy of Star Odyssey shipped yesterday. So hopefully it will not take to long for them to stock some copies of Zaku.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...