IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

No.

And... oh, great. My post from yesterday got stuck at the very bottom of the previous page. That sucks. Oh, well. I'll just quote myself so nobody misses it...

We're not waiting for 400 pre-orders, we're waiting for our production queue to clear. We'll manufacture & ship to pre-order customers regardless of whether we reach the "magic number" of 400 or not. So there's no worry there.

Actually, there's no worry at all. Super Fighter Team always delivers on its promises, and has never in its 13 years [!] of operation ever missed a projected release date.

So!! If you haven't pre-ordered Zaku yet, please consider it. This isn't speaking from a marketing standpoint, it's just a considerate [?] suggestion as we are unlikely to manufacture additional copies after this current run. If you don't buy the game, someone else will -- and better to beat them to the punch than miss out, right? ;)

http://www.zaku-lynx.com <-- dig it.

Oh and by the way: If anyone has additional questions, please e-mail them to me. I don't get round the forums very often these days. Thanks!

Edited by DeathAdderSF

• 1 month later...

No.

And... oh, great. My post from yesterday got stuck at the very bottom of the previous page. That sucks. Oh, well. I'll just quoyour e-mail address.te myself so nobody misses it...

Oh and by the way: If anyone has additional questions, please e-mail them to me. I don't get round the forums very often these days. Thanks!

I must of missed your e-mail address.

I know in 2018, but do you know about when? they will be back in stock?

• 2 weeks later...

@DeathAdderSF, Do you have a date when this is likely to be shipped out?

We'll post news as we have it. All customers are signed up for our mailing list, that's the quickest way to get the latest info. Will ship this year as promised though, that's for certain.

P.S. - Again, please contact me by e-mail with questions or comments as I don't visit the forum so often.

contact@superfighter.com

Thanks.

Edited by DeathAdderSF
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where is my Zaku I preordere and payed for like 30 years ago?

I grow tired of checking my mailbox every day with my fingers crossed.

In fact, my fingers have been crossed so long now that they are stuck together and now I look like some sort of freak with deformed hands.

I dont even know how the Hell I was able to type this.

• Like 1

In fact, my fingers have been crossed so long now that they are stuck together and now I look like some sort of freak with deformed hands.

I'm getting worried now......

I'm getting worried now......

I wouldn't worry, but patience is probably needed.

Got good lulz :D but I've come to realise there's such an insane amount of work 'behind the scenes' on homebrew releases, that every full game, especially a physical release with box and everything is a little miracle. Usually people have daytime work and kids too.

You have to think of and learn every single small little step (I guess that's the fun of it): Learning to program, learning C, learning assembler, learning about the Lynx memory, learing about cart loading, trying to get something to fit into that tiny memory, learning about lynx sprites, learning how to create music, learning chipper/tracker(s), learning how to create sounds and instruments for the lynx, learning how to create pixel graphics, learning gimp, learning linux, learning about version control, learning about game design, photoshopping boxes and labels, printing boxes and labels, finding the right paper, cutting out the damn things, 3D modelling, 3D printing, 3D plastic, buying glue, gluing carts, finding out shipping costs to all parts of the world, finding protection boxes for the boxes, writing the carts, verifying carts. This still leaves out that some here have even built the tools for creating Lynx games, and the base programming frameworks, understanding cryptic dev docs, understanding the innermost secrets of the Lynx, understanding how the carts and the encryption works, how to build something that is able to write lynx carts, midi over comlynx, flashcarts, modern lcd etc.etc... There's probably a lot of other different things to learn for a 'industrial' release like Zaku too.

Making this stupid list made me realise how fun and awesome Lynx-dev is :-D

• Like 1

Got good lulz :D but I've come to realise there's such an insane amount of work 'behind the scenes' on homebrew releases, that every full game, especially a physical release with box and everything is a little miracle. Usually people have daytime work and kids too.

You have to think of and learn every single small little step (I guess that's the fun of it): Learning to program, learning C, learning assembler, learning about the Lynx memory, learing about cart loading, trying to get something to fit into that tiny memory, learning about lynx sprites, learning how to create music, learning chipper/tracker(s), learning how to create sounds and instruments for the lynx, learning how to create pixel graphics, learning gimp, learning linux, learning about version control, learning about game design, photoshopping boxes and labels, printing boxes and labels, finding the right paper, cutting out the damn things, 3D modelling, 3D printing, 3D plastic, buying glue, gluing carts, finding out shipping costs to all parts of the world, finding protection boxes for the boxes, writing the carts, verifying carts. This still leaves out that some here have even built the tools for creating Lynx games, and the base programming frameworks, understanding cryptic dev docs, understanding the innermost secrets of the Lynx, understanding how the carts and the encryption works, how to build something that is able to write lynx carts, midi over comlynx, flashcarts, modern lcd etc.etc... There's probably a lot of other different things to learn for a 'industrial' release like Zaku too.

?

Yeah but Zaku is already here. They don't have to write it again. The artwork exist....they "just" produce another run, make carts, labels, boxes and manuals and they started the pre-ordering almost 2 years ago. .....but I do understand that does take time and involvement.

Well 2018 still has a lot of months to go....:)

• Like 1

Der luchs is a good example of how quickly these things can come together if needed.

I think this has something to do with the production technique. Zaku has a real industrial made curved lip card, the curved lip cards from Luchssoft seem to be 3D printed. So he can react much faster.

I think this has something to do with the production technique. Zaku has a real industrial made curved lip card, the curved lip cards from Luchssoft seem to be 3D printed. So he can react much faster.

Right, last I talked to them they need to do a large run 800+ at one time to make it happen at this price point. They do seem to want to as to just get out of the way this year anyway and hope they don't eat the cost. I have more games than I have time to play, probably even if I just limited myself to the lynx. I look forward to when it's in my hands though, but I am fine waiting.

• 4 weeks later...