IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

Nope...nothing. I know I placed my order like a year ago no through the SFT website...have to check my PayPal to know exactly when it was.

## Just checked and yeap, I paid my $58 through the Super Fighter Team site via PayPal on March 27, 2017. I've got it printed off and saved for archival now.

I thought all the SFT stuff was acquired by Good Deal Games and to be handled by them now a few months back?

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Not sure that SFT was sold to good deal games...but according to this post from Raistlin at Sega-16...the remaining stock of games that SFT had were sold to Good deal games and so...yeah...SFT would seem to be a ghost town now...

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?33139-Need-help-%96-problem-with-the-company-super-figther-team&p=809732&viewfull=1#post809732

This can more or less be backed up by the fact that Good deal games lists all of the SFT titles in their lynx section. Of course they are all sold out...

But there hasn't been any other updates that I'm aware of regarding the next batch releases of Zaku.. would love to be wrong, but this looks to be following in the same steps as Relief Pitcher and Hot Dog being released again.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Not to sound like a jerk, but I'm scratching my head right now. :?

1). I stated here, at least twice, I don't have free time to visit forums very often these days, and invited people to contact me via e-mail with questions. Was Jazzoff2000 the only one here who did?! Well Jazz on, my man. But seriously, I'm very receptive to your questions. E-mail me anytime at --> contact@superfighter.com <-- and I'll happily get back to you at my first opportunity.

2). Zaku will indeed be shipping this year, and, you know, pretty soon. Customers will receive an e-mail notice shortly before shipping begins, so anyone who may have moved since ordering can provide a new address if necessary. Since shipping our first game in 2006, we've never missed a promised release date. As Robert Lamm sang, "Keep the faith, don't look back." (Not his greatest tune by any means, but you get the idea.) Zaku's a fine game, if I do say so myself -- and I do! -- so you're sure to dig on it when you receive your copy. Waiting builds anticipation. (Yeah, yeah, I know. "Shut up and ship it already." Don't be mean.)

3). Good Deal Games made a confusing (aka unintentionally misleading) statement following the purchase of some of our remaining game stock. No one's bought our company out, nor will anyone do so. GDG bought some few remaining copies of our new stock, and that's that. (Again, no one ever e-mailed me about it to inquire. Speculation is the enemy! FIGHT IT.)

4). Lovely moon out tonite, wouldn't you agree?

Thanks for your interest & support, everyone. Myself & our mascot Diskman both appreciate it.

diskman-download.gif

• Like 6

Hello, are the boxes/cartridges numbered?

No. We don't do the whole "limited edition" thing; our goal is to produce & release enough copies of our games to meet demand. We don't have an air of eliteness, we just want people to play & enjoy our games and not leave anyone out (within reason).

BTW: For anyone curious, after this run we'll have produced and shipped 1,000 copies [!] of Zaku. And we're damned proud of that. PenguiNet did a fantastic job developing the game, and we're glad it's had such a wide distribution (at least by Lynx numbers).

Edited by DeathAdderSF
  • Like 2

1). I stated here, at least twice, I don't have free time to visit forums very often these days, and invited people to contact me via e-mail with questions. Was Jazzoff2000 the only one here who did?! Well Jazz on, my man. But seriously, I'm very receptive to your questions. E-mail me anytime at --> contact@superfighter.com <-- and I'll happily get back to you at my first opportunity.

2). Zaku will indeed be shipping this year, and, you know, pretty soon. Customers will receive an e-mail notice shortly before shipping begins, so anyone who may have moved since ordering can provide a new address if necessary. Since shipping our first game in 2006, we've never missed a promised release date. As Robert Lamm sang, "Keep the faith, don't look back." (Not his greatest tune by any means, but you get the idea.) Zaku's a fine game, if I do say so myself -- and I do! -- so you're sure to dig on it when you receive your copy. Waiting builds anticipation. (Yeah, yeah, I know. "Shut up and ship it already." Don't be mean.)

3). Good Deal Games made a confusing (aka unintentionally misleading) statement following the purchase of some of our remaining game stock. No one's bought our company out, nor will anyone do so. GDG bought some few remaining copies of our new stock, and that's that. (Again, no one ever e-mailed me about it to inquire. Speculation is the enemy! FIGHT IT.)

Thanks for your interest & support, everyone. Myself & our mascot Diskman both appreciate it.

diskman-download.gif

Yeah, I think a lot of us are feeling skittish due to not hearing from Beta Phase Games for sooo long, haha

diskman-download.gif

My apologies if I had it sound like you guys had. The post from Sega-16 I believe I linked made it sound that way in addition to the as you said confusing news surrounding GDG buying out remaining current stock. Glad to know the project is on track and moving forward!

Thanks much for the update!

And yes... with some of the other games that have been promised lately, there is more than a little skittishness taking place.

To clarify: "Reaching our pre-order quota" simply means "We're not taking any additional pre-orders." It doesn't mean we were waiting to pre-sell all the copies before producing them. Anyone who paid was always guaranteed to get a copy. (I think that was clear already, but I'd rather no one misunderstand my previous post. I don't want to see a bunch of speculation again. Speculation is the enemy.)

In fact the game has been in production for a while now; we'll be ready to ship before too much longer. So for anyone who swore it wasn't going to come in time for Christmas -- or Thanksgiving or whatever -- sorry to disappoint you but they'll start shipping well before, for example, National Custodial Worker's Recognition Day. ;)

kids!.gif

Edited by DeathAdderSF

Will there be address confirmation before shipping, or should we contact you now about updating address information?

Already answered in my previous reply. Scroll up, please.

Ah hell, no one's going to scroll up.

Yes, I'll ask for updated addresses to be sent.

But you can send them any time. Now is good.

• Like 1

Already answered in my previous reply. Scroll up, please.

Ah hell, no one's going to scroll up.

Yes, I'll ask for updated addresses to be sent.

But you can send them any time. Now is good.

Sorry about that. Thank you for answering again.