Photo

Current Atari Lynx Projects

56 replies to this topic

#51 paramita OFFLINE  

paramita

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2016 12:45 PM

Hi Lynx Homebrew scene,  I have been lurking for a while, but this is my first post, (so be gentle, if I'm breaking the rules ;-) ).

I recently fixed my Lynx I, which hasn't worked in 20 years.  Then found myself buying some games and another lynx on ebay so that I could (finally) play with the comlynx - it used to be such a fraustration that I was the only kid I knew with an atari lynx...  I guess I was just too cool for (my) school!

I have homebrewed up some replacement battery covers.  They are available on shapeways at the following:  Lynx II battery cover, Lynx I battery cover, I have also done a cart plastic & some Lynx 2 grips - though I think this works best in the elastoplastic - which is a maker only material, so not for sale.

They are still a little experimental, and I realise that they aren't cheap.  3D printing hasn't quite got to the consumer electronics level yet.  But I don't know of any other products like this.... Comments much appreciated!  I am fairly good at CAD so if there is something obviously missing from the lynx hardware portfolio let me know!

#52 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 5,677 posts

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2016 1:33 PM

Hi Lynx Homebrew scene,  I have been lurking for a while, but this is my first post, (so be gentle, if I'm breaking the rules ;-) ).

I recently fixed my Lynx I, which hasn't worked in 20 years.  Then found myself buying some games and another lynx on ebay so that I could (finally) play with the comlynx - it used to be such a fraustration that I was the only kid I knew with an atari lynx...  I guess I was just too cool for (my) school!

I have homebrewed up some replacement battery covers.  They are available on shapeways at the following:  Lynx II battery cover, Lynx I battery cover, I have also done a cart plastic & some Lynx 2 grips - though I think this works best in the elastoplastic - which is a maker only material, so not for sale.

They are still a little experimental, and I realise that they aren't cheap.  3D printing hasn't quite got to the consumer electronics level yet.  But I don't know of any other products like this.... Comments much appreciated!  I am fairly good at CAD so if there is something obviously missing from the lynx hardware portfolio let me know!

Very nice -- and quite reasonable, too! I'd love to see a yellow or ice-blue translucent Lynx shell (complete), but that's probably a few years away. Still, I can dream...

#53 paramita OFFLINE  

paramita

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2016 4:54 PM

Interesting thought David - the cost could be prohibitive at the moment - there would need to be quite a bit of material and 3D printing services often use volume as a metric for price.  You've got me thinking though.. .it might be fun to do something with that...

Edited by paramita, Mon Nov 7, 2016 5:48 PM.

#54 Stun Runner 87 OFFLINE  

Stun Runner 87

Stargunner

• 1,237 posts

Posted Tue Nov 8, 2016 1:43 AM

Those look great.

#55 gnotorious OFFLINE  

gnotorious

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Tue Jun 5, 2018 2:48 PM

Looks like this thread has been a bit sedentary for a while.  Anyone still working on new games for the Lynx these days?  I just picked up a used one and would love to know if anyone's still got code in the works.

#56 LordKraken OFFLINE  

LordKraken

Star Raider

• 92 posts

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 11:44 AM

Yes, there are people out there still working for Atari's best console (troll inside ^^) ;)

If everything goes as intended I should be able to unveil in a week or two a little "hommage game" to one of my favourite 90's game, on the Lynx :)

#57 enthusi OFFLINE  

enthusi

Moonsweeper

• 395 posts

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:24 PM

I'm onto one or two things myself, but nothing imminent.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users