IGNORED

Deal Alert!

cimerians

I don't think Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth1 is PS TV compatible. It doesn't show up in the PS TV shop, and there seems to be a lot of discussion online from several months ago about how it's not compatible. I couldn't find anything to indicate that had changed.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 isn't in the PS TV store, but it is possible to download it to a PS3 and then transfer it to the PS TV, and it works fine.

Your right its not, here's a handy compatability list if you haven't seen this yet: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/337079-playstation-tv-compatibility-list-vita-psp-ps1-ps-minis-and-ps-mobile/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Insanely huge sale going on:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/09/08/playstation-20th-anniversary-sale-offers-121-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-and-psp-games-at-big-discounts/

Direct link:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ps-anniversary-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PS20SALELP

Tons of SNK arcade games between 60 cents and $1.80 including Vanguard, TNK III and Metal Slug. :D

• Like 1

Insanely huge sale going on:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/09/08/playstation-20th-anniversary-sale-offers-121-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-and-psp-games-at-big-discounts/

Direct link:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ps-anniversary-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PS20SALELP

Tons of SNK arcade games between 60 cents and $1.80 including Vanguard, TNK III and Metal Slug. :D

Thanks for the tip. Jeanne d'Arc didn't show up in the Deals section in the store on the PS3. I had been waiting for it to go on sale again to buy for my PSTV. If not for the tip, I would have missed it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some great deals on the UK store... I'd buy a few of those vita games but I don't think you can create multiple users on a Vita like you can on a PS3. :(

Unfortunately the US store doesn't have the same sale this week. The US is offering another 'spend $100 and get $15 back next month' promo right now so hopefully some of those UK prices will migrate here for next week.

• 2 weeks later...

damn another flash sale:

Flash Sale:

PS4
Badland: Game of the Year Edition ($4.80)
Bastion ($6)
Don't Starve: Console Edition ($4.50)
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture ($8
Godzilla ($24)
Limbo ($4)
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut ($2)
Lord's of the Fallen ($21)
Metro Redux ($12.50)
Race the Sun ($3.50)
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell ($8
Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition ($16)
Titan Attacks! ($2.40)
White Night ($4.95)

PS3
Alien Rage ($3)
Battle Princess of Arcadias ($9)
BioShock ($3)
BioShock 2 ($3)
BioShock Infinite ($8
Darksiders ($3)
Darksiders II ($6)
Darksiders II Ultimate Edition ($12)
Darksiders + Darksiders II Ultimate Edition ($14)
Godzilla ($20)
I Am Alive ($3)
Limbo ($4)
Machinarium ($2.50)
MotorStorm Apocalypse ($2.25)
Narco Terror ($2)
Proteus ($2.80)
Race the Sun ($3.50)
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell ($ 8
Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition ($12)
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified ($4)
The Last Guy ($1.50)
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct ($14.50)
Tokyo Jungle ($2.25)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown ($ 8

PS Vita
Black Rock Shooter The Game ($4)
Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection ($4)
Half-Minute Hero ($4)
htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary ($5.25)
Limbo ($4)
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony ($6)
Machinarium ($1.75)
Proteus ($2.80)
Race the Sun ($3.50)
Valhalla Knights 3 ($ 8
Ys: Seven ($6)
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ($10)
Z.H.P. ($3)

A note about Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles.

It now shows up in the PS TV shop. The message that it is not compatible with the PS TV no longer pops up. It can be downloaded directly the the PS TV, not requiring a PS3 workaround.

Then when you attempt to start it on the PS TV, it refuses to do so.

A note about Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles.

It now shows up in the PS TV shop. The message that it is not compatible with the PS TV no longer pops up. It can be downloaded directly the the PS TV, not requiring a PS3 workaround.

Then when you attempt to start it on the PS TV, it refuses to do so.

Damn almost there.

I picked up a couple of the PSP games including ZHP which is hard to find.

I also bought that scaler and monster hunter grip so now my PSP is basically a "console". Only problem I had with the scaler is it needs a dedicated audio out to something and I couldn't use it with an HDMI switch.

I saw an odd disc version of a game that shouldn't exist yesterday. Minecraft: Story Mode! Out for PS3/360/Xbone/PS4(I think).

But wait... isn't 80% of the game not done yet? Why yes. You are correct. The disc only contains the first chapter and a DLC coupon to download the remaining 80% of the game as it completes.

Welcome to the new standard for physical disc releases. I predict it'll be common by the end of this console generation, at which point most people will be all for a digital only console since "why bother with a physical disc when it only has a buggy alpha/beta demo build anyway."

I saw an odd disc version of a game that shouldn't exist yesterday. Minecraft: Story Mode! Out for PS3/360/Xbone/PS4(I think).

But wait... isn't 80% of the game not done yet? Why yes. You are correct. The disc only contains the first chapter and a DLC coupon to download the remaining 80% of the game as it completes.

Welcome to the new standard for physical disc releases. I predict it'll be common by the end of this console generation, at which point most people will be all for a digital only console since "why bother with a physical disc when it only has a buggy alpha/beta demo build anyway."

Disappointing. Usually the pattern is to release the disc version after the digital version has all of it's chapters out.

Disappointing. Usually the pattern is to release the disc version after the digital version has all of it's chapters out.

The only constant in modern games these last 10 years has been finding ways for the publishers to get paid sooner and doing as little work as possible. This is just the next step down the hill.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holiday sales every week, nice list here

I picked up the following:

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late

Awakened Fate Ultimatum

Metal Slug 3

Shadow Tower (PS1, the first Dark Souls!)

Brandish: The Dark Revenant (PSP)

I almost picked up Galak-Z but it features permadeath-do over nonsense I don't have time for anymore.

I picked up Under Night and Awakened Fate myself since, at least based on those particular pages in the sale, they didn't have dlc for them. Of course it's not until now that I remember some games have two pages - one without and one with. So I guess I'll see if I have a reason to ignore psn sales from now on later. ^^ Oh well, not like I'm going to buy any of the dlc if they do have some.