Photo

The Official "Space Invaders Collection" Thread

25 replies to this topic

#1 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• 4,586 posts
  • Bringing new life to your ColecoVision!

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:05 AM

Space Invaders Collection was my first CV game that I started some 10 years ago. Man, it seems like a lifetime ago now. Anyway, the project started and stopped many times while I was finishing college and finally got released in 2003, after I had met my wife and she kind of inspired me to finish the game. It became a "collection" because I thought Space Invaders wasn't the kind of game that would have generated a lot of interest back in 1982 so I thought that including both Space Invaders and Space Invaders Deluxe in the same cartridge would have been a good marketing decision back then.
Anyway, the game is now sold out, but I plan to re-release it soon, probably with some modifications to take advantage of the super module, especially in the sound area. In case you weren't able to get a copy of the original game, you can now play the attached ROM image using any good CV emulator, like BlueMSX.

Attached Files

• Attached File  SI.zip   16.5KB   579 downloads

#2 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 15,218 posts
  • \m/

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:27 AM

I couldn't get it to run in Virtual ColecoVision.

#3 5-11under OFFLINE  

5-11under

River Patroller

• 3,407 posts

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:37 AM

using any good CV emulator

I couldn't get it to run in Virtual ColecoVision.

:)
There's a few other games that don't work in Virtual ColecoVision, too. I still like it, though, because it's small, and fast.
5-11under

#4 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 15,218 posts
  • \m/

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:25 AM

I guess I'll need instruction cuz I couldn't get it to work in that Blue MSX either

#5 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,586 posts

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:03 PM

I guess I'll need instruction cuz I couldn't get it to work in that Blue MSX either

You first select "ColecoVision" from "options->emulation", then drag and drop the zip file inside BlueMSX.

#6 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 15,218 posts
  • \m/

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:25 PM

You first select "ColecoVision" from "options->emulation", then drag and drop the zip file inside BlueMSX.

ColecoVision is not an option on the Emulation page. Under MSX machine drop down it has MSX2 and Sega options only.

#7 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,586 posts

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:26 PM

ColecoVision is not an option on the Emulation page. Under MSX machine drop down it has MSX2 and Sega options only.

Have you tried to scroll up?

#8 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 15,218 posts
  • \m/

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:09 PM

Have you tried to scroll up?

Here's what I have

Attached Thumbnails

• msx.JPG

#9 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,586 posts

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:12 PM

Open the list. Scroll to the top...

Attached Thumbnails

• Image41.jpg

#10 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 15,218 posts
  • \m/

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:10 PM

What version are you running? I only have like 4 options from the drop down.

#11 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,586 posts

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:32 PM

What version are you running? I only have like 4 options from the drop down.

Probably you downloaded the "minimum" version. You should download the full version that comes with all the BIOSes.

#12 Murph74 OFFLINE  

Murph74

Stargunner

• 1,177 posts
  • Gotta get home to my ColecoVision!

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:49 PM

Probably you downloaded the "minimum" version. You should download the full version that comes with all the BIOSes.

Working fine on BlueMSX 2.61 and Meka both here. :)

#13 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 15,218 posts
  • \m/

Posted Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:07 AM

Yep - the full version is what got me up and running...

Another fantastic job. I like the fact that pay attn to details to really bring the arcade experience.

It's funny how these essential titles were not written for the CV back in the day. Asteroids is another that comes to mind.

#14 Vic George 2K3 OFFLINE  

Vic George 2K3

Quadrunner

• 5,598 posts
  • I was corn this way.

Posted Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:16 PM

So far it works on the Cologne emulator for the GBA.

#15 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,586 posts

Posted Tue Nov 3, 2009 6:40 PM

Two fun tricks to do with Space Invaders Collection:

1) Each copy of SIC has a unique number. To find out what is your copy's number press "0" on the 2nd keypad while in the main title screen.
2) In the original SI there is a hidden message from Taito. During demo gameplay, press UP+SHOT+2 followed by LEFT+SHOT+1. That works in the arcade version too.

More to come...

#16 Murph74 OFFLINE  

Murph74

Stargunner

• 1,177 posts
  • Gotta get home to my ColecoVision!

Posted Sat Nov 7, 2009 3:28 PM

Two fun tricks to do with Space Invaders Collection:

1) Each copy of SIC has a unique number. To find out what is your copy's number press "0" on the 2nd keypad while in the main title screen.
2) In the original SI there is a hidden message from Taito. During demo gameplay, press UP+SHOT+2 followed by LEFT+SHOT+1. That works in the arcade version too.

More to come...

Cool stuff. :) Didn't realize Easter Eggs went back so far!

#17 panzeroceania OFFLINE  

panzeroceania

Space Invader

• 36 posts

Posted Wed May 11, 2011 12:31 AM

Does anyone know where I could buy a copy of this complete in box?

I'd love to have a copy but I didn't get into the hobby until after they were sold. Any info at all would be great.

#18 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,267 posts

Posted Wed May 11, 2011 3:45 PM

I'd love to have a copy but I didn't get into the hobby until after they were sold. Any info at all would be great.

Space Invaders Collection and Sky Jaguar are the two Opcode Games' releases that are completely sold out. I got the last Sky Jaguar directly from Opcode a couple months ago and at that time inquired about Space Invaders Collection.

Eduardo stated that he may make up another batch of them down the road... but no promises. Looks like we'll all be keeping our eyes on eBay auctions!

Edited by NIAD, Wed May 11, 2011 3:46 PM.

#19 panzeroceania OFFLINE  

panzeroceania

Space Invader

• 36 posts

Posted Wed May 11, 2011 5:14 PM

Space Invaders Collection and Sky Jaguar are the two Opcode Games' releases that are completely sold out. I got the last Sky Jaguar directly from Opcode a couple months ago and at that time inquired about Space Invaders Collection.

Eduardo stated that he may make up another batch of them down the road... but no promises. Looks like we'll all be keeping our eyes on eBay auctions!

yeah I knew they were sold out but was wondering if anyone was selling, ebay it is I guess.

#20 san-d-2000 OFFLINE  

san-d-2000

Stargunner

• 1,229 posts

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 4:58 AM

I also would love a copy of Sky Jaguar and SI

#21 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,586 posts

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 9:58 AM

Actually I found a few extra Sky Jaguar kits last year when I went to Brazil. So I can now offer a few copies for those interested. I still need to check how many SJ kits I have though, but it shouldn't be more than 10, so if someone is interested send me a PVT message. First come first served basis.

#22 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,267 posts

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 2:34 PM

Actually I found a few extra Sky Jaguar kits last year when I went to Brazil. So I can now offer a few copies for those interested. I still need to check how many SJ kits I have though, but it shouldn't be more than 10, so if someone is interested send me a PVT message. First come first served basis.

Dang! Thought that the "SJ Kits" was "SI Kits", then the damn bug moved on my screen... still waiting and hoping.

#23 Cebus Capucinis OFFLINE  

Cebus Capucinis

Not-so-secretly Trolling

• 8,013 posts
  • Wiseass Extraordinaire

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 3:13 PM

I would gladly pay fine American dollars (or exchange my American dollars for another more solvent currency, LOL) for Space Invaders Collection to be released again! :thumbsup: :)

#24 panzeroceania OFFLINE  

panzeroceania

Space Invader

• 36 posts

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 4:30 PM

I can't personal message you as I am on my phone but please reserve a kit for me.

#25 Jordiway OFFLINE  

Jordiway

Chopper Commander

• 161 posts

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:18 PM

My space invaders collection box got ruined our basement got flooded and the box is trashed but the game and manual are fine, Im pretty disappointed I left it out anybody got one for sale

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users