IGNORED

Collision Detection

Ninjabba

thanks heaps! I havent got it compiled yet, since running a makefile under windows is just garbage, so I'm trying to get cc65 installed on ubuntu. But I need to socialize with friends for now, since I locked myself up with this problem for a few days now. Again a big thanks!

You are welcome. I also need to socialize with friends. Time to kick up WoW and get social ;)

--

Karri

My favorite compiler is this latest one. Here you are supposed to code using C mainly. This kit produces very optimized code and it has some tricky stuff bundled in automatically. The bad thing is that you don't see the Lynx chips directly. Your code will be much more generic.

I really should take a look at doing some lynx programming again. Why can't you write to the chips directly? There are defines for all the registers aren't there? Mixing asm and C code is pretty easy with cc65, but IMO, not completely necessary for a whole project... cc65 produces pretty good code.

I should really write a small suite in basic things and how to use it.

I'd like to see something like that!

Karri, you made my weekend! It compiles really nice under ubuntu now. I'm glad I switched to the new cc65 as the assembly really made me dizzy. I happen to have a good C book, but never really got to programming in C since my background is purely algorithmic, and I prefer high-level languages to implement those. I been wanting to have a good reason to go more low-level because I do find it very charming. I'll be working on my first demo for now, and probably will have more questions in the near future. Many thanks!!

Edited by Ninjabba

Karri, you made my weekend! It compiles really nice under ubuntu now. I'm glad I switched to the new cc65 as the assembly really made me dizzy. I happen to have a good C book, but never really got to programming in C since my background is purely algorithmic, and I prefer high-level languages to implement those. I been wanting to have a good reason to go more low-level because I do find it very charming. I'll be working on my first demo for now, and probably will have more questions in the near future. Many thanks!!

Nice!

I have to admit that I have also spent a large portion of my life coding with IDL. At work I use very little C as all support libraries tend to require C++, Python or some other object oriented language.

But for small hardware it is hard to beat C. The cc65 library produces very clever assembly if you compile it with the --add-source compiler flag.

The next step I dream about is to integrate the cc65 compiler and the Handybug debugger into Code::Blocks IDE environment. Then you could single step through your C-code and examine variables. You could also generate the project using a Lynx Wizard.

--

Regards,

Karri

Sounds like you got a whole lot of ideas still left for the lynx! Admittedly, programming under the new cc65 compiler makes it all much easier for me (compared to the other environment I was working in, its really a bless)..

the only problem left now is that my holiday is finished and I'm back to study 24/7 :D