IGNORED

Atari games I want to buy for my collection

trustey1

Atari2600.com lowballs on all cash offers, irrelevant. ;)

Ah now come on CPUWIZ, you can't just blast out a remark like that without some substantiation. Do you have an example of a lowball cash offer from Atari2600.com that you can share? Otherwise, irrelevant.

Regarding the market price of NTSC format Atari BMX Airmaster cartridge, our Atari 2600 Price Guide which uses actual sales data, values the loose cartridge at $145.33. I've recorded 4 auction sales for BMX Airmaster going back 60 months. The high sale was $375.00 and the low $68.70 with another at $89.89 and a final at $100.00 even. It's been 3 years since a loose NTSC Atari BMX Airmaster cartridge has sold at auction so current market value could be a bit below $145.33 given the overall decrease in cartridge prices circa 2006-2009.

JC

Atari2600.com

Atari2600.com puts the loose cart extremely low at $125.44, Classic 80s at $350, Video Game Collector at $400, and it's sold in the $500 neighborhood, but the loose cart is not worth $1000.

Atari2600.com lowballs on all cash offers, irrelevant. ;)

If you say it isn't a 10, how many do you think there are in collectors hands?

• Like 1

Sure, here are a few. :)

Atari 2600, BMX Airmaster, Atari, NTSC, Cartridge only, paying $105.00

Atari 2600, Asterix, Atari, NTSC, Cartridge only, paying $88.00

Atari 2600, Malagai, Answer Software, Cartridge only, paying $260.00

Atari 2600, Z-Tack, Bomb, NTSC, Cartridge only, paying $80.00

• Like 1

Yes those our our current buy prices, and none are lowball. I've added the current Atari 2600 Price Guide value beside each of our buy prices to illustrate that each buy price is fair market value.

Atari 2600, BMX Airmaster, Atari, NTSC, Cartridge only, paying $105.00 (price guide $145.33)

Atari 2600, Asterix, Atari, NTSC, Cartridge only, paying $88.00 (price guide $105.42)

Atari 2600, Malagai, Answer Software, Cartridge only, paying $260.00 (price guide $308.13)

Atari 2600, Z-Tack, Bomb, NTSC, Cartridge only, paying $80.00 (price guide $94.99)

Of the above examples, perhaps BMX Airmaster is a bit low, however I've seen three sell at auction for less than our buy price. Any more examples of lowball cash offers at Atari2600.com? What would be your cash offer on the above four cartridges?

JC

Atari2600.com

Yes those our our current buy prices, and none are lowball. I've added the current Atari 2600 Price Guide value beside each of our buy prices to illustrate that each buy price is fair market value.

Atari 2600, BMX Airmaster, Atari, NTSC, Cartridge only, paying $105.00 (price guide $145.33)

Atari 2600, Asterix, Atari, NTSC, Cartridge only, paying $88.00 (price guide $105.42)

Atari 2600, Malagai, Answer Software, Cartridge only, paying $260.00 (price guide $308.13)

Atari 2600, Z-Tack, Bomb, NTSC, Cartridge only, paying $80.00 (price guide $94.99)

Of the above examples, perhaps BMX Airmaster is a bit low, however I've seen three sell at auction for less than our buy price. Any more examples of lowball cash offers at Atari2600.com? What would be your cash offer on the above four cartridges?

JC

Atari2600.com

Dude, JC here is your problem. You freaking count repro's along with PAL games at times in your price equations. Gamma Attack ring a bell? Probably still listed at $40 LOL. Yep you do. Don't you understand putting Gamma Attack at $40 alone makes your pricing guide a complete joke? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: The reason BMX Airmaster is so low is because you are counting PAL games. Same thing with the bomb games. Stop counting repro's and PAL games into your math!

Edited by homerwannabee

JC

Atari2600.com

Dude, JC here is your problem. You freaking count repo's at times in your price equations. Gamma Attack ring a bell? Probably still listed at $40 LOL. Yep you do. Don't you understand putting Gamma Attack at $40 alone makes your pricing guide a complete joke? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: The reason BMX Airmaster is so low is because you are counting PAL games. Same thing with the bomb games. Stop counting repo's and PAL games into your math!

Not to mention Asterix's. The bids on those were so low because they weren't confirmed NTSC. I would imagine the one Escobar bought fin taht lot for $1k was also PAL ;)

You also go by the assumption that all the BMX carts you saw, were indeed NTSC, which I doubt. ;)

Lets see, Malagai == River Patrol, Z-Tack $250+, Asterix and BMX are both $500+. IMO.

The auction sales recorded in the Atari 2600 Price Guide database for NTSC BMX Airmaster, Asterix, Bomb and other PAL common games are for play tested examples. Items sold without seller verification of NTSC format are not assumed to be NTSC format. The Price Guide values are reliable because of this process. I have many recorded sales of PAL format BMX Airmaster, Asterix and Bomb titles and they are not used in the calculation of value for NTSC listings in the Price Guide.

You might find a Malagai at $250. The two most recent auctions for cartridges with unworn labels were $271.71 and $226.00. River Patrol you're low at $250.00. Our cash buy price is $420.00 and the most recent auction closed at $430.00. I've never seen or recorded a sale of confirmed NTSC Asterix or BMX Airmaster cartridges anywhere near $500. Until one does sell for this much at auction, the market value of actual sales remains NTSC Asterix cartridge $105.42 and NTSC BMX Airmaster cartridge $145.33.

JC

Atari2600.com

JC

Atari2600.com

Dude, JC here is your problem. You freaking count repro's along with PAL games at times in your price equations. Gamma Attack ring a bell? Probably still listed at $40 LOL. Yep you do. Don't you understand putting Gamma Attack at $40 alone makes your pricing guide a complete joke? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: The reason BMX Airmaster is so low is because you are counting PAL games. Same thing with the bomb games. Stop counting repro's and PAL games into your math!

Dude, Homer, here is your problem. You freaking don't know about what you speak. I thought I cleared you up on the listing for Gamma Attack last summer? Our Price Guide listing is for the reproduction cartridges released in 2008. PAL format and reproduction games are not used in the Atari 2600 Price Guide to establish values of NTSC format games or original releases.

JC

River Patrol you're low at $250.00.

You misread, Malagai = River Patrol. How many NTSC Asterix do you think are in collectors hands? :ponder:

One would have to guess or conduct a survey to determine how many NTSC Asterix cartridges are in collectors hands. I prefer measuring frequency of sales. According to frequency of completed auction sales for the period 2005-2009, both NTSC Asterix and Tigervision River Patrol cartridges are Rarity 9/10 meaning both games sell at auction at similar (small) rates. NTSC Asterix cartridges trend around $105.00 while River Patrol is over $475.00. This is a good example of rarity not equating to price. You could also pivot by saying NTSC Asterix cartridges are undervalued compared to similarly rare cartridges (River Patrol).

JC

Atari2600.com

JC

Atari2600.com

Dude, Homer, here is your problem. You freaking don't know about what you speak. I thought I cleared you up on the listing for Gamma Attack last summer? Our Price Guide listing is for the reproduction cartridges released in 2008. PAL format and reproduction games are not used in the Atari 2600 Price Guide to establish values of NTSC format games or original releases.

JC

But again you have NOT SAID IT IS A REPRO. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO READ YOUR MIND. Until you put Repro under Gamma Attack your guide is a complete joke. You don't get it do you. You are so stubborn you can't even see how people with an Actual Gamma Attack might mistakenly sell theirs for $40 because of your screwed up guide.

So again why don't you put Repro for Gamma Attack?

Why don't you put Repro for Gamma Attack?

See you your so stuck up that you can't do this. That is your problem. HUBRIS. Your guide means nothing if you have HUBRIS.

Edited by homerwannabee

JC

Atari2600.com

JC

But again you have NOT SAID IT IS A REPRO. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO READ YOUR MIND. Until you put Repro under Gamma Attack your guide is a complete joke. You don't get it do you. You are so stubborn you can't even see how people with an Actual Gamma Attack might mistakenly sell theirs for $40 because of your screwed up guide.

See you your so stuck up that you can't do this. That is your problem. HUBRIS. Your guide means nothing if you have HUBRIS.

OK. This is my last go-around with you on the subject. Your debating skills are like a pitbull puppy, all bark but no bite. Now I will teach you how to debate a subject properly so you won't embarrass yourself next time. Pay attention and swallow your pride for a minute.

Your concern is that the listing in our Atari 2600 Price Guide for the prototype reproduction game Gamma Attack could be misunderstood to be the actual original prototype cartridge of which only one has only ever been found. Further, you believe it possible that the person who currently owns the only original prototype Gamma Attack may assume our $40.00 cartridge only listing describes their prototype and that the value of the original prototype is $40.00. Also, if someone were to find a second original prototype of Gamma Attack and visit our Price Guide they would be easily mistaken that their original prototype is only worth $40.00. I think this sums up your argument.

Now I will introduce you to the concept of a rebuttal, not a diatribe.

While you are correct that our game listings for Gamma Attack does not contain the word, Repro, it seems inconceivable that the cartridge listing could be mistaken for the original prototype. First, there is only one known prototype so the error would be limited to that one individual. Second, our Price Guide uses the term Prototype to describe listings for original prototype cartridges already. Gamma Attack is not so described as a prototype so it is not. Finally, the Gamma Attack listing includes prices for the loose cartridge, cartridge and instruction manual, and complete in box listings. Would it not be impossible to have a complete in box original prototype?

At this point I'll show compromise and exit the conversation.

While I believe the possibility of confusing a the Price Guide listing for the reproduction Gamma Attack and original prototype is slim to none, I will consider adding the word REPRO to the listing. This will require a small programming change so the change will not occur instantly but soon. If you would like me to notify you by e-mail when the listing has been revised I would be happy to do so.

JC

Atari2600.com

• Like 1

First, I would like to apologize to trustey1 because I feel like my invoking of certain price guide values, while meant in the spirit of trying to be honest about market values, has derailed the original intent of this thread, which is a desire to buy games for your collection.

Second, while no price guide is free of error, the atari2600.com price guide is one measurement, among many, that may be used to think about the dollar value of games. A discerning collector would be wise to use all of these guides in combination, plus do additional research, into what various games have sold for, are selling for, and potentially might be worth in the near future (long term speculation is, I think, problematic). This will not give a complete picture, but hopefully will create a more focused one.

Third, while the assignation of monetary value to games as collectibles can be a contentious issue, those people who can adroitly articulate their rationale behind such decisions at least will receive due consideration from me over those who do not.

Again, trustey1, I hope you can find the games you want, and maybe even get a bargain in the process.

JC

Atari2600.com

JC

OK. This is my last go-around with you on the subject. Your debating skills are like a pitbull puppy, all bark but no bite. Now I will teach you how to debate a subject properly so you won't embarrass yourself next time. Pay attention and swallow your pride for a minute.

Your concern is that the listing in our Atari 2600 Price Guide for the prototype reproduction game Gamma Attack could be misunderstood to be the actual original prototype cartridge of which only one has only ever been found. Further, you believe it possible that the person who currently owns the only original prototype Gamma Attack may assume our $40.00 cartridge only listing describes their prototype and that the value of the original prototype is $40.00. Also, if someone were to find a second original prototype of Gamma Attack and visit our Price Guide they would be easily mistaken that their original prototype is only worth $40.00. I think this sums up your argument.

Now I will introduce you to the concept of a rebuttal, not a diatribe.

While you are correct that our game listings for Gamma Attack does not contain the word, Repro, it seems inconceivable that the cartridge listing could be mistaken for the original prototype. First, there is only one known prototype so the error would be limited to that one individual. Second, our Price Guide uses the term Prototype to describe listings for original prototype cartridges already. Gamma Attack is not so described as a prototype so it is not. Finally, the Gamma Attack listing includes prices for the loose cartridge, cartridge and instruction manual, and complete in box listings. Would it not be impossible to have a complete in box original prototype?

At this point I'll show compromise and exit the conversation.

While I believe the possibility of confusing a the Price Guide listing for the reproduction Gamma Attack and original prototype is slim to none, I will consider adding the word REPRO to the listing. This will require a small programming change so the change will not occur instantly but soon. If you would like me to notify you by e-mail when the listing has been revised I would be happy to do so.

JC

Atari2600.com

There are actually 2 Gamma Attack games out there now. The son of the maker who had involvement with this game said there were AT LEAST 10 made. Meaning that there are still games out there. The reproduction game was not produced during the Atari 2600 lifetime. It was not produced by the person who had any rights to produce this game. The price you have is for the reproduction cart. Having the price for the reproduction cart is insane. Another 10,000 reproduction carts could be made if one was so inclined. So essentially because you can't fathom someone with one stumbling onto your site you insist on having erroneous information. So what exactly is the harm in putting Reproduction as an indicator of your price for this game? You still have not shown an adequate reason not to do so. Fact is this, the time and effort you have used to even respond to me is actually longer than it would of taken for you to simply put the word Repro, or reproduction in your database. So why don't you do it? I tell you why. It is because you have a massive ego that will not allow you to do this.

Edited by homerwannabee

It was not produced by the person who had any rights to produce this game. The price you have is for the reproduction cart.

Just wanted to chime in only to say the repro's where made with the blessing of the programmer & owner of Gamma Attack & The Gammation Company.

It was not produced by the person who had any rights to produce this game. The price you have is for the reproduction cart.

Just wanted to chime in only to say the repro's where made with the blessing of the programmer & owner of Gamma Attack & The Gammation Company.

True, but anyone can make these.

The one listed on the a2600.com guide refers to the limited run of 100 carts. Not just any repro by Joe Blow.

True, but anyone can make these.

The one listed on the a2600.com guide refers to the limited run of 100 carts. Not just any repro by Joe Blow.

But anyone can make a limited run of these carts to 100. True it was the very first Repro of this game. If that is worth anything.

Edited by homerwannabee

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy the following Atari games for my collection. They must be NTSC and working. I also prefer the label to be in excellent or better condition. On the super rare games I can be flexible on condition. Please let me know if you have any of these and how much you are asking for them. Thank you.

Air Raid

Assault

Berenstain Bears + Tapes

Birthday Mania

BMX Airmaster Atari

Cakewalk

Color Bar Generator

Eli's Ladder

Gauntlet

Guardian

Halloween

Karate Ultravision

Magicard

Mangia

Motocross/Tomarc

Out Of Control

Pepsi Invaders

Qberts Qubes

Superman Sears Picture

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Video Jogger

Video Life

Video Reflex

Wall Defender

Z-Tack

I just found my old collection and I have Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original owner) Not sure of the value (know its rare) whats it worth?

This is the ONLY KNOWN special edition copy to exist. I've decided that since I'm such a good samaritan and always like to help out the collecting community, I'm going to let it go into the hands of one of the bigger collectors. The bidding can start at, oh, let's say, $5,000?

I shat myself icon_rolleyes.gif when I first saw that picture label, then I could have swore I saw a copy of that in my bulk lot of a collection. Then I saw your priceicon_lust.gif ....and thought to myself...would I sell my picture label superman for that much? icon_confused.gif

Then I realized you were pulling my leg and I was just dreaming about the rain or something.....

icon_mad.gif

(any offers on the superman text label yet?)