IGNORED

Starflight Map for Genesis

Ah, Starflight -- man, that brings back memories! Great game! :D Only surpassed by Star Control II.

Now, I had the PC version as a kid and only played the Gen port years later -- but it's my understanding that the PC and Genesis maps are the same.

That said, here's two very good websites on the Starflight series:

http://www.starflt.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/20030210233413/http://www.geocities.com/lorenzolio/starflight.html

The second one was on Geocities which is now closed.

There are maps on both sites.

• Thanks 1

*bloop bloop bloop bloop* "Orbit established."

Awesome!!

I named my crew after characters from ST:NG.

:lol: So did I! The other save file had the original Star Trek crew. It's just so much easier to remember who does what when they're named after familiar characters.

Enjoyed Starflight II a lot as well also...not QUITE as good as the first one, but still a damn fine game.

I wish there were more games out there in the Starflight and Star Control II vain...really classic games that deserve to be played by anyone.

I'd love for Starflight 1 and 2 to be remade as Star Control II was recently. :lust:

Does anyone know if there is a Starflight map on the web somewhere to download?

It seems like a cool game but I need the map and the sucker is hard to find.

If anyone knows please respond here, please!!!

Thanks.

Hi SS, if it's not downloadable on that SF page somewhere (I only just skimmed through it just now), let me know, because, if worse comes to worse, I can just scan mine and send it to you. Granted, it'll be in a few pieces (since it's so large I can't scan it all at once) and I've got markings for wormholes and all, but if that's the only option that you wind up having I'll be glad to send it your way as it is :)

Thanks.

Hi SS, if it's not downloadable on that SF page somewhere (I only just skimmed through it just now), let me know, because, if worse comes to worse, I can just scan mine and send it to you. Granted, it'll be in a few pieces (since it's so large I can't scan it all at once) and I've got markings for wormholes and all, but if that's the only option that you wind up having I'll be glad to send it your way as it is :)

Thanks Atari Man,

I got it from one of the sites above. Actually, I got the Sega Genesis and DOS maps (same thing, just different colors - see attached), put it on a Flash Drive, drove over to Staples and got an 8.5" x 14" glossy copy of each made. It's perfect. I've read about some people doing this and it's pretty cool. Gotta see if I can find other maps and posters of Sega classics and have them printed. Thanks again!

post-10330-12578139776_thumb.jpg

post-10330-125781400177_thumb.jpg

I THOUGHT the maps were the same! I've played the PC version a heck of a lot more then the Genesis port, so I didn't want to say that with 100 percent finality.

And I've done the same thing with the map to Star Control II. :)

Glad to be of some help. I'll have to dig that game out again.

Yea,

I didn't realize this either.

I also like the Star Control series. I still play Star Control on the Genesis and always loved it.

Games with maps make the game a little more interesting.

Cool stuff!

Actually, I got the Sega Genesis and DOS maps (same thing, just different colors - see attached)

Yeah I know, I have both too. Actually there's a tiny bit of difference with no Uhlek territory in the upper right of the map, which is on the Genesis but not the DOS version. Other than that, yeah, they're pretty much identical.

Thanks again!

You're welcome, you got the better deal out of it that way though, no pen marks to have to white out or erase via Photoshop!

And yeah, in regards to the last post, I also play Star Control too :) One of the few Genesis games I have that I can still play over the years.

Thanks.

Thanks Atari Man,

I got it from one of the sites above. Actually, I got the Sega Genesis and DOS maps (same thing, just different colors - see attached), put it on a Flash Drive, drove over to Staples and got an 8.5" x 14" glossy copy of each made. It's perfect. I've read about some people doing this and it's pretty cool. Gotta see if I can find other maps and posters of Sega classics and have them printed. Thanks again!

Hint: Posters print nicely from Excel.