IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

For you PJs (like DJs, except with podcasts, you see? Okay...I'll start over.)

For you gentlemen who use Libsyn: Is it possible to simply upload an MP3 straight onto Libsyn and type the episode's brief description, or is a go-between FTP application necessary? I don't want to keep bugging Ferg with my amateurish questions; he's been very patient with me thus far. :)

Libsyn offers uploads from within their web interface. That said, in my case, with the "lengthy" episodes I upload, I've found that interface tends to time-out when I use it. Fortunately, they also offer what they call a "dropbox" (not to be confused with the cloud storage service called Dropbox) that you can upload your mp3s to via FTP (yes, an additional program is required), and later "attach" to a given episode.

If you need any other help, Chris, don't hesitate to ask. Ferg gets cranky when you ask more than a handful of questions... :mad:

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 2

Libsyn offers uploads from within their web interface. That said, in my case, with the "lengthy" episodes I upload, I've found that interface tends to time-out when I use it. Fortunately, they also offer what they call a "dropbox" (not to be confused with the cloud storage service called Dropbox) that you can upload your mp3s to via FTP (yes, an additional program is required), and later "attach" to a given episode.

If you need any other help, Chris, don't hesitate to ask. Ferg gets cranky when you ask more than a handful of questions... :mad:

Thanks so much, Paul. In that case, I'm hoping that Libsyn's own interface won't time out if I upload mere hour-long files. If it does, I'll just have to increase the MP3 compression. As with anything, I suppose that the back end becomes clearer when one actually gets in there and takes a clicky look around.

Thanks again!

Yeah, some of you cats seem to have had serious Audacity lock-ups. I'm so sorry that you've had to go through that, but I've never had the slightest problem, and I've recorded music with dozens of overdubs. I wonder if it's because I'm stubbornly clinging to XP and don't intend to downgrade to 7 or 8. :) The program seems to have been tailored to older OSs, so that might be it.

I've also used Paul's stated preference -- Cool Edit -- so I wonder if it would ultimately be less stressful if you were to give that a test-spin, Ferg.

I'm one who bailed on Audacity. I still use it for very simple stuff (just trimming intro and outro, for instance) if I don't need anything more. But it lost hours of work for me more than once, and even saving often didn't help in one case because it had corrupted/lost info about several of my original clips.

I've moved to Logic Pro X (I'm on a Mac) which is crazy-overkill for podcasting. But it's been rock solid.

I only used Cool Edit before I switched to Mac in 2007. I never used it for recording though, just managing my Beatles bootleg collection. It was the program I missed the most, and I didn't learn Audacity until I had to for the podcast.

We REALLY need to buy you a new Windows laptop, Ferg. ;)

• Like 2

There's quite a bit of cross-pollination on RetroComputing Roundtable(I think that was it). Several retro computing podcasters came to talk about the Atari 400 home computer. Yep, we all listen to each other's podcasts.

• Like 1

Not wanting to listen to 3+ hours of Honey Badger Radio(I'm going to unsubscribe. The podcast is 100% fail), I decided to listen to "Dumb Things" with Zerbinator and McCoy. Love hearing these nostalgic teenage stories of yesteryear.

There's quite a bit of cross-pollination on RetroComputing Roundtable(I think that was it). Several retro computing podcasters came to talk about the Atari 400 home computer. Yep, we all listen to each other's podcasts.

Floppy Days. Atari 400 and 800. 3 hours of discussion, we had a hard cut but could have gone longer. Part 1 already aired before the group discussion. Randy's breaking the discussion down into 2 episodes (part 2 and 3). I believe the part 2 episode has been posted.

Edited by Ripdubski
  • Like 2

OLD CS1

A new retro computing podcast has entered the ring!

Press Play on Tape

https://www.facebook.com/pressplayontap

Done by the same guys who do the Retro Domination podcast. I like the cassette tape reference here.

Thanks for bringing this to the forums attention. Next ep is recording next week and i'll be glad to let everyone know it's about the Amiga Vs Atari St days. Thanks for the support.

• Like 2

Floppy Days. Atari 400 and 800. 3 hours of discussion, we had a hard cut but could have gone longer. Part 1 already aired before the group discussion. Randy's breaking the discussion down into 2 episodes (part 2 and 3). I believe the part 2 episode has been posted.

Good, 'cuz I grabbed the latest RCR (even though the shownotes didnt mention the 400, the topic looked interesting) & wow, was it dry.

I understand the format, but it reminded me of NBC's "Meet The Press" when I was 8. Thank you, no.

I know I'm late chiming in, but for Pie Factory Podcast...Inky uses Audacity on his PC, and I WAS using Audacity on my Mac until last night when we recorded our latest episode...I record with a Handy H2 Zoom, and for some reason when I use that in conjunction with Audacity I hear myself almost an entire second AFTER I talk -- and adjusting the latency settings and such made no difference. I tried GarageBand last night and it worked like a charm.

I know I'm late chiming in, but for Pie Factory Podcast...Inky uses Audacity on his PC, and I WAS using Audacity on my Mac until last night when we recorded our latest episode...I record with a Handy H2 Zoom, and for some reason when I use that in conjunction with Audacity I hear myself almost an entire second AFTER I talk -- and adjusting the latency settings and such made no difference. I tried GarageBand last night and it worked like a charm.

Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but if you uncheck all of the playthrough boxes in Audacity's preferences, you won't hear yourself at all. Or you shouldn't, at least.