IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Just noticed another podcast pop up on gamebygamepodcast.com

Dos Games Hub

Only 1 full episode out. I'll give it a try.

Wow, major crop of podcasts all of the sudden. Plenty of casts for someone else to do the 2016 poddies awards with.

On the latest Retrogaming Roundup, one of the soundbytes still has SoCal Mike's voice in it. Surely that can't be intentional, can it?

I threw in the towel on CCG. Closed down the podomatic account. I've got some things in my life to sort out & 9 times out of 10 I never got the free time or gusto to record a podcast segment. I might come back with an entirely different podcast, but I'm overwhelmed in projects & such right now.

I threw in the towel on CCG. Closed down the podomatic account. I've got some things in my life to sort out & 9 times out of 10 I never got the free time or gusto to record a podcast segment. I might come back with an entirely different podcast, but I'm overwhelmed in projects & such right now.

Sorry to hear that, but you know life...

• Like 1

On the latest Retrogaming Roundup, one of the soundbytes still has SoCal Mike's voice in it. Surely that can't be intentional, can it?

That's a shame, but I completely understand, S.

When you get things sorted out, you should talk to Randy Kindig (Floppy Days Podcast) about getting that TI 99/4A 'cast going...

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

That's a shame, but I completely understand, S.

When you get things sorted out, you should talk to Randy Kindig (Floppy Days Podcast) about getting that TI 99/4A 'cast going...

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

In the future, I might do guesting spots(like you offered me a while back) or submit audio segments when a game of note comes along(like Solaris).

If i finally do that '99/4A GBG, it's not going to be on podomatic for sure.

• Like 1

Enjoying the latest RGR - where else can I hear Scott claiming Superman as an IP is stupid and then go on to defend the film Johnny Mnemonic!

Definitely making me want to get back to playing pinball more...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Rick Reynolds

There's terrible franchise choices for pinball, but the game underneath it can be fun. I couldn't stand the movie Congo, but playing the (virutal) version of Congo pinball is really fun.

Never watched a single Addams Family movie, but still enjoy the pin.

Johnny M was a terrible movie, yet I played the pin all the way to the very end. Yes, the game ends. You get to "shutdown" mode, and it's an accomplished game over.

There's terrible franchise choices for pinball, but the game underneath it can be fun. I couldn't stand the movie Congo, but playing the (virutal) version of Congo pinball is really fun.

Never watched a single Addams Family movie, but still enjoy the pin.

Johnny M was a terrible movie, yet I played the pin all the way to the very end. Yes, the game ends. You get to "shutdown" mode, and it's an accomplished game over.

I got to play Congo at ArcadeFX last year. That one is a really good pin! Played a little of Addams Family as well.

Haven't tried Johnny M.

Sorry to hear S. Thanks for doing the Poddies all those years!

• Like 2

Finally listening to the latest episode of "Good Ol Gamers". It begins with a rather awkward sketch with one of the hosts pretending to be Mike Kennedy pitching a Coleco Chameleon. Yeah.. that's a bit played out at this point.

• Like 2

Finally listening to the latest episode of "Good Ol Gamers". It begins with a rather awkward sketch with one of the hosts pretending to be Mike Kennedy pitching a Coleco Chameleon. Yeah.. that's a bit played out at this point.

Not here. :sleep:

• Like 2

I'm ready to unsubscribe from VGBS. Yeah, it's a bit cuss-heavy(okay, more than a bit, perhaps even more than Coin Rejects). Heck, there's cussing in the title. The host did a live one at Midwest Gaming Classic, but it sounds like he was trying too hard to muster any interaction from the crowd.

Google's iTunes competitor for managing podcasts still has a lot of work ahead.

I've also now heard the "news & views" soundbyte(bg music) you hear on Retrogaming Roundup on 3 podcasts now. Heh.

• Like 1

Coin Rejects briefly discusses NAMCO's Assault, which we both know is an awesome game. Maybe we could get someone to do an episode on it & discuss it at length....

*coughpiefactorycough*

*coughnoquartercough*

*coughvicsagediaryofanarcadeemployeepodcastcough*

• Like 1

Coin Rejects briefly discusses NAMCO's Assault, which we both know is an awesome game. Maybe we could get someone to do an episode on it & discuss it at length....

*coughpiefactorycough*

*coughnoquartercough*

*coughvicsagediaryofanarcadeemployeepodcastcough*

I love Assault; I was able to play it on real hardware several months ago at The Arcade in Brighton, MI. Very cool game, but it might be difficult to get a good discussion going if play experience is based solely on using a keyboard or generic control panel.

I love Assault; I was able to play it on real hardware several months ago at The Arcade in Brighton, MI. Very cool game, but it might be difficult to get a good discussion going if play experience is based solely on using a keyboard or generic control panel.

I got to play it on real hardware at Arcade Expo 2.0 last January, it would totally suffer for not using the original control scheme.

I've only ever payed it on the Playstation NAMCO Museum (one of the costly ones) using a DualStick, whcih cant be configured to use both sticks (if there is a way, LMK.) There is an ingame option to use a single stick, which makes it playable, but I admit it does lose a little something. You have to hold down a button to do the "rear up/sit up" move. Still a great fun game though.

The PS version has "Assault Plus" unlockable, which features easier, & more difficult versions, called "Training for Core" & "Battle for Core" or something like that.

Edited by RJ

I enjoyed Assault. Totally forgot to play it at MGC 2015, also playing it back in the early 1990s. But yes, control is key. I'm sure with a bit of control tweaking in MAME + dualshock controller, I can get it setup. Then I can pop tank-wheelies.

I enjoyed Assault. Totally forgot to play it at MGC 2015, also playing it back in the early 1990s. But yes, control is key. I'm sure with a bit of control tweaking in MAME + dualshock controller, I can get it setup. Then I can pop tank-wheelies.

On my MAME cabinet I can play the game, sorta. I use the 1- and 2-player sticks for control, and hit one of the P1 fire buttons with my left thumb to fire. It works for cruising around shooting, but it's too clunky to use when the game ramps up in intensity.

I'd say any setup that gives you two independent sticks and a convenient fire button can give you a taste of the game. A dualshock would get you there, with the twin sticks and shoulder buttons. But IMO, the benefits are offset by it being a hand-held controller.

There are arcade joysticks with "top fire" buttons that would work, but I've never used one so don't know if they're any good.