IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

I'm sure he would have said if he did.

You do a very good Crazy Eddie. Nothing I could ever do in one take due to the rapid pace of it.

The problem with Arcade Outsiders is that it was a weekly show. If they didn't do anything arcade related in times between recordings, ther was nothing to talk about. With the episodes, there was little to no discussion about arcades at hand. They padded out the show with morning zoo crew toilet humor & counting down the minutes until the next Grinkers'. I wouldn't say it burnt out, but it never shined bright in the first place.

And yes, the attempted caller in episode 2 was myself. He says call, I call. Then he says don't call, but there's a 4 minute lag between broadcast & intention.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I find that when I have an Atari cart pickup, I listen to Ferg's past episode that corresponds to the game(s).

Por ejemplo, last Friday I picked up Atlantis, Bowling (neither of which I ever owned), Yars' Revenge, & a Space Invaders end label variant. IDK where my old YR cart went to, & I never thought in a million years I'd give a good g-ddamn about label variations.

• Like 1

Finally got around to the latest Intarivisions, about Donkey Kong.

Willie you didnt say if you ever found any of your old boxed games with your initials on the flap...did you? I expected Ferg to ask that, but he didnt.

not yet, my next trip to Indiana will be in January. I plan on hitting some places around where I grew up to see if I can find any of my original Atari 2600 stuff that had my initials on them :P I also have some friends that still live in the area that check yard sales and such :P I am determined to find one of my original games :P

• Like 3

So Arcade Outsiders is really done? Havent had a show for over a month...though their schedule has been "questionable" to be blunt.

I used to be able to lurk over on klov, & check that podcast thread, but a huge pop-up covers it now.

A new podcast has arrived!

Eaten by a Grue

I don't have the URL handy. it's on monsterfeet.com. It's a podcast about Infocom adventures. Looks like game-by-game format That makes a total of 2 text adventure-based podcasts.

>INVENTORY

>GO NORTH

• Like 3

A new podcast has arrived!

Eaten by a Grue

I don't have the URL handy. it's on monsterfeet.com. It's a podcast about Infocom adventures. Looks like game-by-game format That makes a total of 2 text adventure-based podcasts.

>INVENTORY

>GO NORTH

I have to listen to this. Carrington Vanston formerly of No Quarter is on it!

Okay, even though there are already two threads on it, S1500 told me to mention it here...but...I kinda picked up Phil's baton after he ended the Atari 7800 GBG Podcast - I'm kind of, I guess, taking over 7800 stuff with The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast. Plan is to do the podcast biweekly, one game per episode. Basically, I'll be doing the same thing Phil was doing, but without a robot sidekick. :) I can't promise you the awesomeness that Phil's podcast had, but I can promise you I'm sure gonna try...anyhoo, home page is homebrew78.fab4it.com. You can get it on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, etc.

• Like 6

Alrighty, posting the rough list since I'll be on vacation before the year ends. Here's what we got so far for newly discovered 'casts for 2016.

Sega Nerds
Atari Bytes
Lost Treasures of Gaming
Virtually Human
TRS-80 Trash Talk
Select Game
Super Podcast Brothers
Cactus Flack’s
Talk Retro
Arcade Heroes
Twin Galaxies (?)
GameCola
16/32
WaveBack
Man Cave Cinema
Atari KongCast
Launch the Ball
Cornball Pincast
Canadian Pinball
Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast
Bro, Do you even Talk Pinball?
Tilt Thru
Slam Tilt Podcast
Beige Knight Pinball
Little Kings Pinball
Tuscon Pinball
Pinball Profile
RESET Magazine
5200 SuperCast
RCade Radio
AMICast ( ?)
Eaten by a Grue
The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast

So who's doing the poddies this year?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, year's over, it's my picks time

Podcasts discovered in 2016

1. Sega Nerds
  2. Atari Bytes
  3. Lost Treasures of Gaming
  4. Virtually Human
  5. TRS-80 Trash Talk
  6. Select Game
  7. Super Podcast Brothers
  8. Cactus Flack’s
  9. Talk Retro
  10. Arcade Heroes
  11. Twin Galaxies (?)
  12. GameCola
  13. 16/32
  14. WaveBack
  15. Man Cave Cinema
  16. Atari KongCast
  17. Launch the Ball
  18. Cornball Pincast
  19. Canadian Pinball
  20. Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast
  21. Bro, Do you even Talk Pinball?
  22. Tilt Thru
  23. Slam Tilt Podcast
  24. Beige Knight Pinball
  25. Little Kings Pinball
  26. Tuscon Pinball
  27. Pinball Profile
  28. RESET Magazine
  29. 5200 SuperCast
  30. RCade Radio
  31. AMICast
  32. Eaten by a Grue
  33. The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast

We Miss You!

Player/Missile
Atari Kong Cast
Man Cave Cinema

(and quite a few others)

Course Runners

Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast
Virtually Human
Retro Game Squad

Best new Pinball Podcast
Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast
Slam Tilt Podcast

Best Off-Topic Podcast
Toy Tomb
The Milo Yiannopoulos Show

Best On-Air Meltdown
Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast (episode ??)

Best Opening Theme
Beige Knight Pinball

Best Audio Submission
Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast(final episode) - The one with the 1812 Overture

Podcast of the Year

Select Game
Atari Bytes

???

• Like 4

So on Super Podcast Bros, they 'fess up on their big hiatus from May to September- Andy suffered from panic disorders, & sounds like he pulled through OK. Interestingly, thats the same timeframe I was diagnosed with depression & anxiety. I feel much better now, too- a daily dose of 20mg prozac helps me. He watched TV & read; I couldnt do either of those things, & not much else.

Anyway, Inky or Dauber (whoever talks to Tim most), tell him Im 99% sure I recently saw the Wii Sin & Punishment at Discland in Bloomington, that's the only retro store I've visited in awhile. Andy said he's in N. St. Paul, I'm about 30 min away. Not exactly sure where Tim lives.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1