IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Haven't had a single issue with iTunes; you using the PC version or Mac version?

The PC version. 99% of all the tech problems reported on forums, etc are for the Mac version. I'm going to try to un & reinstall it. I did think ahead of time & marked all the star ratings of my songs in the comments field.

...I'm going to [un-install it permanently because it's shit software].

Fixed that for ya!

;-p

This is just my quarterly reminder that you don't need iTunes to subscribe to and listen to podcasts. Spare yourself the grief. Cut the cord.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 2

Fixed that for ya!

;-p

This is just my quarterly reminder that you don't need iTunes to subscribe to and listen to podcasts. Spare yourself the grief. Cut the cord.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

But I'm still rockin' my iPod. I've used my tablet or phone with PodCatcher in the meantime. At least that works.

If there's some freeware substitute for iTunes that has all the same features(handling music & 'casts), I'll switch.

But I'm still rockin' my iPod. I've used my tablet or phone with PodCatcher in the meantime. At least that works.

If there's some freeware substitute for iTunes that has all the same features(handling music & 'casts), I'll switch.

Yeah, I hear ya when it comes to an iPod for music. But for podcasts, a smartphone and a good app (like Downcast) is all you need.

I've probably said this before, but my current iPhone 6 and my previous iPhone 5 never once communicated with iTunes for any reason.

I just like to get a good jab in at iTunes whenever the opportunity presents itself. Too many problems with it to go into (my clients seem to have endless iTunes issues). It's almost as problematic as Outlook, but that's another topic.

Hope you get things sorted out, just the same.

• Like 1

I tried using my iPhone for podcasts, but nope...just didn't do it for me. Need my iPod Classic....I can zip through stuff without needing to look at a touch screen. (For example, I don't need to listen to the musical breaks during Super Podcast Bros.)

• Like 1

Great Variety Podcast uncensored and uncut and NON scripted

primary video games

www.imperiox.net/podcast/houslander-ferretti-hour 8 episodes to date

2 more avail soon

Where? For 10 minutes on the latest episode, I heard no video game talk.

"Join Josh Houslander and Rudy Ferretti every week for the very best in the competitive video game underground.

Josh and Rudy are back with their first show of 2017! This week the duo takes on politics as the Donald Trump era is now really upon us. Are his detractors not giving him a fair chance? Is there real worry for the American people regarding the Russian and Trump talk or is simple all being overblown. Also this week Josh and Rudy get into a little sports and of course competitive gaming to close out the show."

:ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

Well, I see nothing here I'm interested in...but that's just me.

"Join Josh Houslander and Rudy Ferretti every week for the very best in the competitive video game underground.

Josh and Rudy are back with their first show of 2017! This week the duo takes on politics as the Donald Trump era is now really upon us. Are his detractors not giving him a fair chance? Is there real worry for the American people regarding the Russian and Trump talk or is simple all being overblown. Also this week Josh and Rudy get into a little sports and of course competitive gaming to close out the show."

:ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

Well, I see nothing here I'm interested in...but that's just me.

http://www.imperiox.net/?s=houslander

Not for everybody

The PC version. 99% of all the tech problems reported on forums, etc are for the Mac version. I'm going to try to un & reinstall it. I did think ahead of time & marked all the star ratings of my songs in the comments field.

Every episode has video game talk remember it's a variety show thanks for ur interest

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. Doing a podcast search in MusicBee for the word "retro" has netted me quite a few(to me) podcasts.

Also 2 new pinball podcasts popped up. I think we're up to a hundred right now.

Still waiting on the Neo Geo game by game podcast.

• Like 1

Retro East Podcast - Thought the Apple //e was the "online" edition. Lots of cussing, and not very well researched. C-

The Legend of Retro Podcast - ever do an unfunny joke and stretch it out for the whole course of an episode?That's what they did with the "old guy" voice. That was the only bad thing about it. C-

Retro Junkies Minis - familiar voices and a nice short length make for a great bite-sized episde. A

Expect more podcast reviews with the word "retro" in them. Some of them are already discontinued.

Okay, listening further, one of the hosts on Retro East Podcast is the Wario to Phil. Every 3rd word he's dropping is an f-bomb. He won't be guest hosting on the Atari 7800 Game By Game podcast any time soon. The Trailer Park Boys don't swear this often.

Revised grade: D-

Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but Pixelated Audio is fantastic. It's all about retro game music, and they occasionally have composers on the podcast. Great stuff if you enjoy the more technical side of chiptune music.

pixelatedaudio.com

One of my favorite episodes: http://pixelatedaudio.com/illusion-blaze/

• Like 1

Gotta at least mention here my own podcast radio show called Lava Lamps & 8-Track Theatre :)

Not only is it a podcast but it also airs on the real FM radio,and has since 2013. I am the very first DJ to play gaming sounds on the FM airwaves.

I have interviewed over 60 celebrities so far,all very famous,and some of those people are big legends in the gaming realm.

I've spoken to Nolan Bushnell, Howard Scott Warshaw, Richard Levine(INTV programmer), and David Crane when it comes to gaming so far. My David Crane interview was even mentioned in the local news!

http://santacruzupdate.com/2015/09/30/beastie-boys-drummer-and-pitfall-game-programmer-to-guest-on-lava-lamps-8-track-theatre/

The podcast archive is currently down due to maintenance but should be back soon. In the meantime you can still download my past episodes below.

• Like 1

The Retro Gamer - Reminds me of Retro Game Squad, without the teenager cohost. Episodes are nice & bite-sized(under an hour)and have actual retro content. I think this was the one that firmly said no about the Nintendo Switch talk, since it's a new console. B+