IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Suddenly all WOFFs ever made want to live in my ipod. Prior to this I couldnt get any eps. before #27. Im considering WOFF as the replacement for Retronauts, judging by their content lately.

Retronauts: a nearly 90 min ep. on RPG battle systems? As if.

WOFF: a 2 hr show on Silent Hill 2? Yes please.

Suddenly all WOFFs ever made want to live in my ipod. Prior to this I couldnt get any eps. before #27. Im considering WOFF as the replacement for Retronauts, judging by their content lately.

Mine did too! I thought it was an iTunes glitch.

I found this wonderful "feature" for ITunes now. That (!) icon, which usually means to me that it's having RSS feed trouble, means something different.

post-12390-0-68493300-1406603384_thumb.jpg

I had to do this for podcasts I religiously listen to. I only update my desktop PC once a week typically.

Whoever thought this was a good "feature"(and one you can't shut off), there is a special place in cock punch hell for you.

Update: I walk back to my computer, and it tries to download all the WOFF episodes AGAIN. Seriously iTunes, you are making podcast management really way too complicated.

Edited by S1500

Anyone else getting a length of 0:00 for the latest Intellivisionaries episode? It rewound back to 0:00 in my backpack, and I couldn't fast forward back to my location.

Hmmm. I haven't seen that happen, S. Occasionally I see playback glitches within the first hour or two of posting a new episode. Libsyn (our hosting) says it's an issue they are working on.

Still having trouble today? Hope not, because there's a 'special' little bit in the episode with your name all over it...

Hmmm. I haven't seen that happen, S. Occasionally I see playback glitches within the first hour or two of posting a new episode. Libsyn (our hosting) says it's an issue they are working on.

Still having trouble today? Hope not, because there's a 'special' little bit in the episode with your name all over it...

I downloaded it to my laptop, so I can listen to it directly.

Anyone else getting a length of 0:00 for the latest Intellivisionaries episode? It rewound back to 0:00 in my backpack, and I couldn't fast forward back to my location.

The show is so long, they finally managed to roll the odometer back to zero!

Edited by Cynicaster
  • Like 3

I can't get up from the floor now. :) Thanks for the plug.

• Like 1

Updated the other thread but thought I'd check in here since I hadn't done that before. I underestimated the work going through all those 1979 Creative Computing issues, so I hope to record Episode 1 of the podcast late this week. I'm also still a Garbage Scow Captain on Star Raiders, but I blame that on keyboard control since my Epyx 500XJ only goes right and down. Gotta get Curt Vendel's USB Atari replica joystick.

I wonder if the 2600-daptor will work. I actually used a Colecovision controller with it, but it only read the "stick" and one button.

Retronauts: a nearly 90 min ep. on RPG battle systems? As if.

WOFF: a 2 hr show on Silent Hill 2? Yes please.

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday, it actually made me find 2 more in the feed that were relevant to my interests.

I'm a little mad at them though, IIRC they called Wizard of Wor and Yar's Revenge bad games, or something to that effect.

• Like 1

Yep I grabbed the Silent Hill 2 full (really good!) & extrasode, (#15) & the Myst ep (#2).

Kindof a happy accident this happened. But there are are some now available I'll stay far away from. You know what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis.

• Like 1

Yep I grabbed the Silent Hill 2 full (really good!) & extrasode, (#15) & the Myst ep (#2).

Kindof a happy accident this happened. But there are are some now available I'll stay far away from. You know what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis.

I have no idea. Please tell me.

I'm a little mad at them though, IIRC they called Wizard of Wor and Yar's Revenge bad games, or something to that effect.

:o Sacrilege! Yars Revenge I remember buying brand new when it came out when I saw the awesome box from Atari through the open door to the stockroom. I hounded the store clerk for hours until he went and opened the box and gave me the game to give him peace :) Absolutely love that game!. Wizard of wor also, but I prefer to play it on my Bally Astrocade but still the Atari 2600 version is fun and it was another game I purchased new when it came out :)

Edited by thevnaguy

Man I want to hear the latest Intellivisionaries but the resort's Wi-Fi is just awful. Podcasts load 1/100th MB at a time, & it kicks me out often. Also, my sunburn makes it difficult to fall asleep in this soft comfy king-size vacation bed.

1st World problems, I know. Also, my wife beat me at mini-golf.

• Like 3

Listening to The Intellivisionaries solved any restart problem with the 0:00 length.

As for the Retronauts episode, they did mention Ultima & Wizardry, but then fell way too easily name-dropping FF and Japanese video game developers. Aaaand we fast forwarded that to the very end.

And the Apple /// podcast that was recently started: http://drop-iii-inches.com/

And still no dedicated TI-99/4A podcast?

Listening to The Intellivisionaries solved any restart problem with the 0:00 length.

As for the Retronauts episode, they did mention Ultima & Wizardry, but then fell way too easily name-dropping FF and Japanese video game developers. Aaaand we fast forwarded that to the very end.

And the Apple /// podcast that was recently started: http://drop-iii-inches.com/

And still no dedicated TI-99/4A podcast?

Thanks S.

I'm gonna check out Drop III Inches today, if only for the clever title (and quality hosts). I've never touched an Apple III, but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy the show. I'd feel the same way about a TI-99/4A podcast, as long as it was well done and well hosted.

I forgot to ask. What did everyone think of the latest CCG episode? I don't have a facebook/twitter/message board/GO CCG/CompuServe forum, so thus I ask here.

If you're talking about episode 14, I enjoyed it, S. Listened to it a couple weeks ago. Psychic powers stories were cool, and it was very timely that you mentioned 'Halt and Catch Fire', as I had just seen a promo the day before and thought that it looked like something I'd definitely enjoy. Haven't watched it yet though...

Anyway, I always enjoy your shows. And congrats on ending a 'dry spell'. Hope that's an ongoing thing!

• Like 2

Is #15 out? My iTunes hasn't caught it yet.

If you mean #14, Assault is a GREAT game. I should suggest it for NQ.

No #15 yet. Assault was the (dive)bomb. A great tank game.

Got the CGE reference in No Quarter. Drink up, everyone! Last night iTunes added a ton of 'casts I think it missed the last time around.

The 80-89 is excellent. His 'casts prior to that are too short & strange- but that may be what he was going for, & may be right up your alley. But a show where he chats with his wife as she gets ready to go out? Meh.

Kevin guested on the Jaws ep. of Throwback Reviews.

& I'm home again, back to decent download speeds.

• Like 1