IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Some news I figured I should probably post here as to not (eventually) leave anyone hanging or wondering, I am officially retiring from the IMPLANTgames Podcast. I apologize to those who have stuck with it for so long, but I feel it is a necessary change for me. It is yet to be decided if Kris will continue it solo or hire another co-host to replace me, but either way I suggest keeping up with his website or follow his Facebook page (@IMPLANTgames) to keep updated about what the future plans are for the podcast. It's been three and a half years since we started doing this, and overall I'd say it's been a pretty good run. We have a few dedicated listeners (several even from AtariAge alone), and I'm glad to know we've allowed some of you an easier means to get through your work days. Other than that, I feel it's time for me to move on and try out new things. I hope you all understand, and once again, thanks for the support over these last several years. :thumbsup:

Damn, that sucks Austin. I just listened to the newest episode at work on Monday. :(

I do understand, though, and if you do another podcast please do let us know.

Some news I figured I should probably post here as to not (eventually) leave anyone hanging or wondering, I am officially retiring from the IMPLANTgames Podcast.

:( :( :(

Wont be the same show without you. & I do mean that.

Edited by RJ

Do a purge. I recently dumped about half the 'casts that dont update at least monthly. Feels good.

I dont miss em...yet?

I'm about ready to unsubscribe from The Pinball Podcast, since they have completely ran out of steam. The hosts sound bored when they talk. The "One and Done" podcast is much more interesting since it's a personal, different story(and host) each time.

I sometimes try Arcade Outsiders on Podcatcher, but it's 1% arcade talk, rest of it being personal banter, Grinker's, and cussing.

• Like 1

the voices are quite low on Ten Pence, meaning I can't listen at work on my sucky phone. :)

TPA is a great podcast, but I agree, sometimes the audio is dicey. They have a "sponsor" message at the beginning of every episode, and every time I listen I strain my ears, but for the life of me I can't understand what he is saying. All I hear is "There's no pie like a retro games pie". Don't me wrong, a pie made of retro games sounds intriguing, but that can't be what he is saying.

Good to see the Retro Junkies back with a new episode.

Just discovered subbing to Zerbinator Land gets you his great "80-89" podcast, as well as the Throwback Reviews casts, so no need to sub to Throwback Reviews. One less space on your podcast list.

Speaking of bad audio, Intellivisionaries' latest guest interview sounds like he's running a bath, then seaside, then on a runway. Every time I heard that, I pretended a flight was leaving

(whoooosh) "ooh, there's the 12:45 to Baltimore!"

Another podcast intro says "maymining your hobby". Never heard the word maymining before.

heh that's Gameroom Junkies. They say "mainlining your hobby", as if you jam in an IV to get your fix. Anyway, thats one I unsubbed to, even though Im expecting to be mentioned on a future ep.

Edited by RJ

Speaking of bad audio, Intellivisionaries' latest guest interview sounds like he's running a bath, then seaside, then on a runway. Every time I heard that, I pretended a flight was leaving

(whoooosh) "ooh, there's the 12:45 to Baltimore!"

Yep. We must have done about 20+ Skype hang ups and reconnects. It would be OK for a few minutes, then WHOOOSH! He moved to different rooms in his house, said nothing was on in the rooms (no fans, no AC). I attribute it to the fact that the guest was using a built-in laptop microphone (his only option), although he said he's done other Skype conversations with that same setup and didn't have any problems.

I cut out a lot of sections that were worse than what you heard. And used some noise reduction on sections of the interview, so what you heard was about as good as it was gonna get. I probably should have just given up and tried again another way, but I was short on time knowing how much work I had to do for that episode.

If that happens again during a future interview, I will 'cut bait' and move on.

Believe me, audio issue bother me more than anything else when podcasting. My apologies to your ears.

• Like 3

TPA is a great podcast, but I agree, sometimes the audio is dicey. They have a "sponsor" message at the beginning of every episode, and every time I listen I strain my ears, but for the life of me I can't understand what he is saying. All I hear is "There's no pie like a retro games pie". Don't me wrong, a pie made of retro games sounds intriguing, but that can't be what he is saying.

Good to see the Retro Junkies back with a new episode.

"Retro Games Party" is the sponsor.

I know. I heard "pie" at first too.

I asked him things like that during recording. I'd stop and say "are you sitting in front of a fan, by chance?" "Are you near an airport?" "House next to a busy freeway?"

When I'm recording I'm pretty good at editing out the dead air, banging noises and the "let me out!@#@" screams.

Another gaffe I heard today involved 2 people talking over each other at the same time, and then 6-10 seconds of silence.

When I'm recording I'm pretty good at editing out the dead air, banging noises and the "let me out!@#@" screams.

But you don't have MY neighbors.

Another gaffe I heard today involved 2 people talking over each other at the same time, and then 6-10 seconds of silence.

Not really narrowing that down much...

;-)

Stone Age Gamer, latest episode, 20 minutes in.

#narrowed

Thanks. I gave that 'cast a try a while back, but just couldn't get into it.

<sarcasm>

But I do enjoy people talking over each other. And silence... Hmm, maybe I'll give it another chance.

</sarcasm>

Listening to BrokenToken, there's a "podcast summit" of all the pinball podcasts(okay, most of them), all talking together. It's like that cartoon special where all the cartoon characters from diff shows crossed over into 1 episode, to tell you not to do drugs, or talk to strangers or something.

We need to do this at Midwest Gaming Classic, dammit!

Listening to BrokenToken, there's a "podcast summit" of all the pinball podcasts(okay, most of them), all talking together. It's like that cartoon special where all the cartoon characters from diff shows crossed over into 1 episode, to tell you not to do drugs, or talk to strangers or something.

We need to do this at Midwest Gaming Classic, dammit!

How far are you from Pittsburgh?

It's a special Halloween with Ferg cussing & screaming. Complete with Metal Gear Solid "Surprised" soundbyte.

If only those Cabbage Patch Dolls could eat SoCalMike's breathing sounds.

Very fun, my kids and I had a good time doing our little segment.

And yeah, I found SoCal pretty distracting, and a bit hard to listen to with the breath sounds.

• Like 2

It's a special Halloween with Ferg cussing & screaming. Complete with Metal Gear Solid "Surprised" soundbyte.

If only those Cabbage Patch Dolls could eat SoCalMike's breathing sounds.

Yeah, Ferg's bit was great! And I really liked what you did with your kids, Rick. Willie used a little Halloween promo I did as well.

I'm not all the way through his episode yet, but with the exception of SoCal's breathing (!) it's a great one so far.