IGNORED

Lynx region coding

Overlord44

I've recently come into possession of a Lynx and 14 games - one of which is Lemmings, which some research has told me is worth more than the cost I paid for the entire bundle, which pleases me :) However, I'd like to clarify something that's been bugging me.

Reading online (including this site), the games themselves are region free, which is great, but - did they use the same cart labels and packaging worldwide? The one for Lemmings on this site matches mine, but does that mean it was the same worldwide or do I just have American box and games?

I'd appreciate any clarification on this point anyone can offer. :)

For the most part, the same cart labels and packaging was used worldwide. Although, there a handful of exceptions to this rule -- seen in the photos below. Several early Japanese releases got re-designed instruction manuals, (but identical carts/boxes/cart labels), while Klax got a box/manual/cart label that's completely different than the worldwide release (the game itself also has several key differences from worldwide release -- even the plastic of the Klax cart is a different design, with an unusual rectangular protrusion in back.)

post-860-125816632994_thumb.jpg

post-860-125816630797_thumb.jpg

post-860-12581667859_thumb.jpg

post-860-125816685014.jpg

Edited by Nimtene

Interesting topic; to be alittle more exact: was even the small printed texts with copyright, manufacturing etc the same worldwide? Looking at my Ninja Gaiden III-manual it is multilingual; was this the case in the USA too, so basically Atari produced and manufactured one big batch of identical games/packages/ manuals and shipped that worldwide?