Photo

TI-99/4A development resources

TI-99/4A Forth Extended Basic Books Game Development Emulators VDP9918 TMS9900 Compilers

307 replies to this topic

#301 Rossman OFFLINE  

Rossman

Space Invader

• 41 posts

Posted Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:16 PM

I should post this to Pascal rather than development resources, but I'm too lazy.

eXecute the MODCOL program on disk 712a before running the binary tree sample (TURTTREE or TURTTREE1) in the Turtle graphics library.  Without, it's black on sky blue and a great example of bitmap graphics.  With, it's all kinds of colors on black.  Excuse me, while I kiss the sky.

If helpful I can post my steps. Again, just seeing how far I can push the emulator.  Turns out, pretty far. 

@tursi == creator_of_universes  But I know it's > @tursi and I thank you all.

Best regards,

R.

#302 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,876 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 PM

Hi,

here you can find a list of >300 books, manuals and tech docs

http://atariage.com/...ists/?p=3849223

#303 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 2,807 posts

Posted Wed Oct 4, 2017 10:15 AM

Hi,

here you can find a list of >300 books, manuals and tech docs

http://atariage.com/...ists/?p=3849223

Oh how I wish they were all scanned in and available on some site... A treasure trove of reading! Impressive compilation BTW!

#304 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 2,807 posts

Posted Wed Oct 4, 2017 10:21 AM

Early this morning, I wrote that I wouldn't buy a p-code card, only for one to turn up on e-bay from a buyer several of you have written is reputable, and for a price that's not unreasonable given scarcity. Now I'm thinking, maybe it's not a bad thing to do.  There is something about running on the actual environment, and not a simulator.

Well, I think you will find that even with a pcode card, you will still want to program in emulation simply because it's far more reliable, less clunky and most importantly eminently portable. I have a chess project I'm working on in Pascal on the TI and that's what I'm doing, and periodically I'd transfer my work to the real machine for testing and storage.

BTW, did you end up buying the card? :) 

#305 Rossman OFFLINE  

Rossman

Space Invader

• 41 posts

Posted Wed Oct 4, 2017 8:48 PM

Well, I think you will find that even with a pcode card, you will still want to program in emulation simply because it's far more reliable, less clunky and most importantly eminently portable. I have a chess project I'm working on in Pascal on the TI and that's what I'm doing, and periodically I'd transfer my work to the real machine for testing and storage.

BTW, did you end up buying the card? :)

Absolutely, and yes I'm using the emulator.  Can't top it from an efficiency perspective.  I'm re-learning a lot, and the emulator makes it less time consuming to do so.

And yes I DID end up buying the p-code card!  I know, I know, it's a vanity purchase.  But there's something about running bits of code on the real h/w that can't be beat.

Still, I'm eternally grateful for the emulator.

#306 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 2,807 posts

Posted Wed Oct 4, 2017 10:09 PM

And yes I DID end up buying the p-code card!  I know, I know, it's a vanity purchase.  But there's something about running bits of code on the real h/w that can't be beat.

That is indeed the charm and attraction of the hobby: coercing a 38 year old machine to do your bidding :) Also goes by the term "masochism" which most of us here seem to suffer from...

#307 dphirschler OFFLINE  

dphirschler

Moonsweeper

• 376 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:40 AM

Is there a reason we don't have Hopper and Moonmine source on the first post?

Attached File  Hopper source code.pdf   1.41MB   9 downloads

Attached File  Moonmine source code.pdf   5.91MB   8 downloads

Darryl

#308 retroclouds OFFLINE  

retroclouds

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,537 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 PM

Is there a reason we don't have Hopper and Moonmine source on the first post?

attachicon.gifHopper source code.pdf

attachicon.gifMoonmine source code.pdf

Darryl

No particular reason, didn't know this was out there. More than happy to add it to the first post! Thanks for sharing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TI-99/4A, Forth, Extended Basic, Books, Game Development, Emulators, VDP9918, TMS9900, Compilers

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users