Photo

Warning: Fake Paypal email

5 replies to this topic

#1 Waterborn OFFLINE  

Waterborn

Dragonstomper

• 721 posts

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:52 PM

Email came from swtccg@customer-service.com and had the words "Your Account has been temporarily limited" in the title. Don't follow the link. This has been reported to Paypal security.

#2 LarcenTyler OFFLINE  

LarcenTyler

River Patroller

• 2,460 posts
  • Atari 7800 Hunter

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:14 PM

Email came from swtccg@customer-service.com and had the words "Your Account has been temporarily limited" in the title. Don't follow the link. This has been reported to Paypal security.

There've been many variants of that going around for the longest time.

#3 nathanallan OFFLINE  

nathanallan

Quadrunner

• 5,582 posts

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:45 PM

I love how they use any email address they can get, then attach that email to it. I have gotten it several times now, the last one wanting to verify my information. Yeah, right. Deleted.

#4 Waterborn OFFLINE  

Waterborn

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 721 posts

Posted Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:51 PM

First time I have received one of these. Sorry if this is old news. Rather be a newb and let folks know about it. :D

#5 jrok OFFLINE  

jrok

Stargunner

• 1,149 posts

Posted Tue Dec 1, 2009 3:23 PM

My Nigerian business partner told me this is totally legit.

#6 Classic Pac OFFLINE  

Classic Pac

River Patroller

• 3,096 posts

Posted Wed Dec 2, 2009 11:18 AM

I think I have gotten more fake Pay Pal emails then the rest of you combined. Most of which has been reported to spoof@paypal.com Most of them of course don't come with the email paypal.com in the senders box. But there are that are a few that are damn close. But I have gotten a few that do say paypal.com , of course I know they are phony as a 3 dollar bill. Why I am not a member of Pay Pal and as long as I still am getting these phishing emails I never will.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users